Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Discussion Topic: Ohio State's 149 lbs
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

No worries. I just remember trying to get some traction for that thread. We have a good community here so it's always nice to know more about those we are conversing with on a more-or-less regular basis.

I've traveled to Cleveland from Columbus (~2 hours) for lunch just to see Hank. I've gone to downtown Columbus (not normal) to break bread with a group of guys I've met on here. I've traveled to the Olympic Trials with a man I had never met before thanks to this site. I have also traveled to St. Louis for NCAAs thanks to this site. And much, much more!

One never knows where this sport - or a website about this sport - will take you. Always nice to know who we're dialoging with. (An added bonus is finding long-lost names or even realizing someone on here lives close by.)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

John DiJulius added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

The debate over pulling redshirted is a good one. I agree with Bob P, you put the best team on the mat and place as high as possible. It's not nat'l championship or bust. The other thing you have to consider is when these decisions where being made, the expectations of our seniors where high. You had two returning AA's and two that had strong chances. Since then, whether it is do to injury or whatever, all four of them are not wrestling to their expectations. That couldn't of been predicted. This team will need 2 of the 4 to finish strong to have any shot.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I've traveled to Cleveland from Columbus (~2 hours) for lunch just to see Hank. I've gone to downtown Columbus (not normal) to break bread with a group of guys I've met on here. I've traveled to the Olympic Trials with a man I had never met before thanks to this site. I have also traveled to St. Louis for NCAAs thanks to this site. And much, much more!"

Heck, Niemann even got a masculine "Brother's Keeper" side hug when I ambushed him at tOSU match while doing Dignitary Protection for him. (I knew where he was, smiling smugly as he was scanning the crowd, then "Boom!, apparated right next to him...he underestimates the sneakiness!)

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

One question that hasn't been considered, is PSU going to be any easier to beat next year or the year after? If not, is there a benefit to redshirting everyone?

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

Quote from Doug Brandt's post:

"Needs a "like" button, too. Is that possible?"

What would be the harm in taking this forum to a face book page? Wouldn't it be great to be able to post pictures and videos with ease?

Roe Fox added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"One question that hasn't been considered, is PSU going to be any easier to beat next year or the year after? If not, is there a benefit to redshirting everyone?"

Very good point.

Or nobody?

Casey Talbott added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

[quote="Dwight LeRoy
You obviously have an issue with me, why don't you take these personal shots towards me and address them to me via private message. I NEVER said anything about posting on this so called "Wrestlers's Anonymous" thread, whatever that is.[/quote]

Hi Dwight:
I think I managed to get us started on the wrong foot.
So here goes nothing…
Wrestling has been a big part of my life.
My dad coached for 45-plus years, my older brother was an Ohio state champ, and I wrestled through college.
I have continued to follow the sport during the 30 years since (means I’m getting old), and remain a fan/supporter of the Ohio State program in particular.
So with that backdrop, I enjoy this site, not only because folks of differing opinions weigh-in on topics that interest me, but because they most often do so in a respectful, above-board way.
I attribute this in no small part to what I understood to be one of the site's tenets - that is, that folks who post must do so under their own (real) names, as opposed to hiding behind the cloak of anonymity.
So no, I do not have any issue with you, per se. (And you’re clearly very knowledgeable about the sport, etc., so of course I welcome your input and contributions.)
But a # of folks have inferred, rightfully or wrongfully, that "Dwight LeRoy" is not your real name.
If it is, then you have my sincere apology, for my misunderstanding in this regard.
But if it isn’t, then yes, this concerns me, as it appears to run afoul of the above-referenced tenet.
And IMO, this would set a bad precedent, and could be a very slippery slope.
Regardless, I wish you well.
Have a good day.
And Go Bucks.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 4, 2016

Quote from Casey Talbott's post:

"[quote="Dwight LeRoy
You obviously have an issue with me, why don't you take these personal shots towards me and address them to me via private message. I NEVER said anything about posting on this so called "Wrestlers's Anonymous" thread, whatever that is."

Hi Dwight:
I think I managed to get us started on the wrong foot.
So here goes nothing…
Wrestling has been a big part of my life.
My dad coached for 45-plus years, my older brother was an Ohio state champ, and I wrestled through college.
I have continued to follow the sport during the 30 years since (means I’m getting old), and remain a fan/supporter of the Ohio State program in particular.
So with that backdrop, I enjoy this site, not only because folks of differing opinions weigh-in on topics that interest me, but because they most often do so in a respectful, above-board way.
I attribute this in no small part to what I understood to be one of the site's tenets - that is, that folks who post must do so under their own (real) names, as opposed to hiding behind the cloak of anonymity.
So no, I do not have any issue with you, per se. (And you’re clearly very knowledgeable about the sport, etc., so of course I welcome your input and contributions.)
But a # of folks have inferred, rightfully or wrongfully, that "Dwight LeRoy" is not your real name.
If it is, then you have my sincere apology, for my misunderstanding in this regard.
But if it isn’t, then yes, this concerns me, as it appears to run afoul of the above-referenced tenet.
And IMO, this would set a bad precedent, and could be a very slippery slope.
Regardless, I wish you well.
Have a good day.
And Go Bucks.[/quote]

Well put.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on February 5, 2016

Just for the record, 'DEEP THROAT' wasn't that guy's real name either back in the Watergate days.

Sometimes it might be in everyone's best interest to let 'sleeping dogs lie'!

I enjoy the open and direct answers that 'Mr. LeRoy' gives us, that we can trust and respect. - In his situation, I believe that is enough!

We have often longed for the intelligent well organized answers for matters within the program, and we finally get that from this source. - I greatly appreciate those answers and perspectives, as I think everyone else on this site should.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 5, 2016

I do background checks on all posters. Dwight is Dwight.

Casey Talbott added to this discussion on February 5, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I do background checks on all posters. Dwight is Dwight."

Hank:
So "Dwight LeRoy" is his actual name?
Assuming so, then of course no concerns on my end.
But again, I get a different sense from Pat's post, above.

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on February 5, 2016

I mentioned my real name on www.thematforums.com some months ago, and shortly afterwards a new poster emerged: "dougb."

It wasn't meant to be complimentary, but dougb has had some legit posts since then.

I wish that the people on that forum would contribute with their real names, as they do here.

The worst offenders are on www.letsrun.com. There is a lot of good information on their forum, if you discard the junk.

You'll get a range from "My girlfriend left me; what should I do?" to contributions from Olympic gold medalist Bob Schul.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on February 5, 2016

Burcher is listed as the probable starter.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on February 5, 2016

Trackwrestling has Marandino at 149 and Josh Fox at 197.

Jake Ryan is at 157, so that might sane a point or two.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 6, 2016

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"Burcher is listed as the probable starter."

Not that it would have made that much of a difference vs Retherford, but where is Cody Burcher?? He seemed like the best back up to HS.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7