Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Daton Fix - Mentions tOSU
Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on April 15, 2016

What schools are in the running?

I’m looking at Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Ohio State — just some big wrestling schools. I want to go to a place where I can achieve my goals of becoming a world and Olympic champion.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/okpreps/wrestling/all-metro-wrestling-sand-springs-daton-fix-is-repeat-winner/article_32dd77c8-6604-5509-b3b0-36e3de6632d4.html

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 15, 2016

Fix's dad wr for okla st, so chances slim, imo.

btw Fix buddy 3xer Kaden Gfeller mentioned ohio st too recently-- i think its kool buckeyes are in-crowd now but i think hopes of geting 2 elite kids from oklahoma is near zero.

Ron Good sent to me, undefeated three-time Oklahoma high school champ 132 Kaden Gfeller was selected Wrestler of the Year today — and followed was a lengthy feature in today’s paper. He was asked about recruiting and if things were heating up?
“Yeah,” said Gfeller. “I’ve narrowed it down to five schools that I really like: Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Nebraska, and Virginia Tech. There are some others I’m looking at, but those are the main ones.”
He won this third state title in February at 132 pounds and is also a Fargo AA (3rd). His best friend is Daton Fix, but Fix is likely a four-year college 125.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 15, 2016

Fix is outstanding. I love Lee but would be a wee bit concerned about his shoulder. Shoulder injuries often recur after the initial issue.

But Fix has gotten bigger.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on April 15, 2016

Fix has gotten bigger but he's still getting recruited as a lifer at 125#. He will be difficult to get out of OK but that's the case with a lot of 5 star recruits.

Hopefully TR and staff can get Daton to commit.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 15, 2016

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-wrestling/2016/04/69738/wrestling-a-look-at

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on April 16, 2016

By all indications Fix seemed to be a slam dunk for John Smith. If that truly isn't the case, TR and Co. Need to go after him as hard as they have gone after any recruit since taking over the program. Missing on Lee and Suriano coupled with rumblings of Nato desiring the leap to 133 makes this the highest priority. And nobody fits the need better than Daton Fix.

In-state, Romero is a must have. Carr would be a spectacular addition as well as Vough.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 16, 2016

I'd be pretty happy with Steveson, Lee and all the Ohio guys.

Liam Bateman added to this discussion on April 17, 2016

Daton loves Ohio State but his old man is an alum and the freestyle coach there in oklahoma. He made a visit to Steelwood during last years big tens and spent the whole afternoon there. He worked out with Micah and looked GREAT. He works out constantly with the college level guys in the Okie room and wins. We are very much in the hunt but would be quite a pleasant surprise to not see him go with Mr. Smith.

David Brown added to this discussion on April 17, 2016

Where does Romero project over the next couple years? Is he 160 again next year and a possible 157 coming in as a Frosh?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 18, 2016

Quote from David Brown's post:

"Where does Romero project over the next couple years? Is he 160 again next year and a possible 157 coming in as a Frosh?"

That's a POSSIBILITY, but he played football as a Jr. at 180 lbs. He's walking around at that right at 180 and I expect him to be bigger next year. I think he'll wrestle 170 his Sr. year.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on June 28, 2016

Looks like tOSU is still on Daton Fix list according to Flowrestling, posted today, http://www.flowrestling.org/article/43030-daton-fix-releases-his-school-list

Fix has narrowed his school list down to the following: Oklahoma State, North Carolina, Penn State, Ohio State and Nebraska.

► Add to the Discussion