Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio State 2016-17
Jack Muni added to this discussion on May 10, 2016

What I kling onto is the fact that Nate, Micah & Bo all came so, so close to making the finals this year. tOSU came close to having 5 of 10 weight classes in the finals, that would have been outstanding. And they are all back next year. GO BUCS!!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on May 11, 2016

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"What I kling onto is the fact that Nate, Micah & Bo all came so, so close to making the finals this year. tOSU came close to having 5 of 10 weight classes in the finals, that would have been outstanding. And they are all back next year. GO BUCS!!"

On one hand I think Micah really didn't come that close this past year. Then you look back on the tournament Meredith ended up having and that loss doesn't seem quite as inexplicable as it did when it occurred. So I'll give you that one. :)

Jack Muni added to this discussion on May 11, 2016

It's just that he had the lead with 20 seconds. to go and he gets caught with a switch, which rarely works in college. Then the kid gets to the finals against Heil, who was beat by Micah in HS, right? At Ironman?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on May 17, 2016

According to IMAR twitter account he will be at 165 next year. Will we see Bo vs. IMAR 3?

Roe Fox added to this discussion on May 17, 2016

I am positive he, his family and TR know what is best for Bo. My opinion is he is a fantastic talent at a far too sucked-down weight.

As we say in our office, "I only know what I see" and I see a guy struggling with the cut. He looks so much better at 174, though with a limited sample size.

I think he handles Nickel (Nickle, Nickal, Nikal, Nikle?) fairly easily.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 18, 2016

I have $10 in my wallet that says Bo doesn't tip the scale above 175lbs. I'd be willing to put down another $20 if the weigh-in was at 6:14pm tonight.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on May 18, 2016

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I have $10 in my wallet that says Bo doesn't tip the scale above 175lbs. I'd be willing to put down another $20 if the weigh-in was at 6:14pm tonight."

Really??? If that's the case, then any talk (including from me) about the weight pull being an issue are false. If he walks around at 175, he's a 165-pounder...and likely a NCAA third again next year.

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on May 18, 2016

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"

"I have $10 in my wallet that says Bo doesn't tip the scale above 175lbs. I'd be willing to put down another $20 if the weigh-in was at 6:14pm tonight."

Really??? If that's the case, then any talk (including from me) about the weight pull being an issue are false. If he walks around at 175, he's a 165-pounder...and likely a NCAA third again next year."

You think Bo can't beat Imar? He has a positive history against him. Only two opponents have every beat him. I think he has a mental edge over Imar.

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on May 18, 2016

Let's not forget Bo had a good year by many standards and I'm sure his injury bothered him all year To perform like he did and coming down for the team tells a lot about his character

Jason Russell added to this discussion on May 18, 2016

Quote from Chris Thomas's post:

"

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"

Really??? If that's the case, then any talk (including from me) about the weight pull being an issue are false. If he walks around at 175, he's a 165-pounder...and likely a NCAA third again next year."

You think Bo can't beat Imar? He has a positive history against him. Only two opponents have every beat him. I think he has a mental edge over Imar."

Imar is a different man than he was in high school, or even his redshirt freshman year. Bo can def beat him, but those high school matches mean absolutely nothing.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

Imar is a good match up stylistically for Bo. Issac's approach to wrestling Bo was to sit back and not pressure into him. I'm not sure Bo's offense is built to create that much scoring opportunity if the opponent doesn't pressure. Imar is full tilt pressure, although he did demonstrate an ability to sit back against Nolf. Should be entertaining.

Matt Mace added to this discussion on May 21, 2016

Kollin Moore has been wrestling great this morning at the Jr FS World Team trials and has won the mini tournament and will face Jacob Seely of Northern Colorado in the best of 3 finals later today for a spot to represent USA at Jr FS World Championships in France this August.

**UPDATE**
Moore really looked good in match 1 and scored a TF against Seely!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 21, 2016

Heck yes!

Coach Jaggers once said Moore was one of his favorites on the team. (To be fair, if you talk to J long enough and he says that about the majority of kids though. :-D That's so Jaggers.)

Matt Mace added to this discussion on May 21, 2016

So impressed by Moore! He just took 2 straight for the right to represent the US at JR World Championships. I know those camps are gonna make him better, but he already looks like a hammer at 96kg (212 lbs)! When he drops to 197, I think he immediately enters the AA conversation.

Ryan Dickson added to this discussion on May 21, 2016

Awesome CONGRATS MR MOORE!!!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next