Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: 2016-2017: Team Jordan
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on May 18, 2016

1. What weight does Micah go and how does he do?

2. Some have indicated IMar is going 165 lbs. Assuming Cousin Isaac is still at that weight, does he have the canny treachery to bogart IMar when it counts most?

3. Some have indicated BoJo is going 174 lbs. My sense is that he would harpoon Nickal at a threshold moment, especially if he wasn't cutting. Your thoughts?

4. Anything else you'd like to add about Team Jordan et al?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on May 18, 2016

Will the youngest Jordan follow his two older brothers to OSU when that time comes?

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on May 18, 2016

Oooohhhh, good one Shep...

Curt Heinrichs added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

Regarding Rocky, I took a look at upcoming recruiting classes for 11W, and found some interesting scenarios.

Rocky is currently #13 on InterMat's rankings at 145. #2 is David Carr, who will likely get offers from all of the big programs in the NCAA. #10 is Dom Demas, who is a year older than Rocky. Demas is the younger brother of Josh Demas, so both Demas and Rocky have very recent ties to the Buckeyes. I don't see the Buckeyes signing two guys in the same weight, so it'll be interesting to see where they place their focus.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

That's where they are now. A couple years from now, they could have weight separation naturally, or tailor their bodies to different weights. If I'm tOSU and I think those wrestlers have bright futures, I try to get all 3.

Ryan Dickson added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

All 3 are amazing talents but if I'm Demas I would look and think really hard about the path that Boykin kid from Tennessee is taking....Greco is his thing and I realize this isn't the most popular opinion but Folk does not help prepare for Elite Greco

Jared Ball added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

I think the three will spread out quite substantially. Demas is much shorter than the other two. I think he probably suites up at 141/149 if he chooses to wrestle in college.
Karr is a must. He is special, and I believe he will continue to grow into a very impressive upper weight. I could see him approaching 165/174 by the time he reaches college.
Rocky could slot anywhere from 149-165. Who knows how this will play out, but all three are great gets regardless.

Curt Heinrichs added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

I believe Josh Demas is now helping out at Rutgers, so that may factor into his decision.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

future buckeye hot-list names still
...jr 160 Romero definitely, and perhaps jr 182 Jacob Warner or jr 195 Chase Singletary
...soph 145 Carr, soph 145 Jordan, soph 113 Tommy Hoskins,
...frosh 113 Decatur

obviously don't have $ or need for all of them, cant get all of them, but thats the short list today

Jared Ball added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"future buckeye hot-list names still
...jr 160 Romero definitely, and perhaps jr 182 Jacob Warner or jr 195 Chase Singletary
...soph 145 Carr, soph 145 Jordan, soph 113 Tommy Hoskins,
...frosh 113 Decatur

obviously don't have $ or need for all of them, cant get all of them, but thats the short list today"

What about Daton Fix? I know he has been thought of as a lock to go to Okie St, but he named dropped the buckeyes a few weeks ago. Any thought as to him suiting up at 125 in 2017-18

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"I think the three will spread out quite substantially. Demas is much shorter than the other two. I think he probably suites up at 141/149 if he chooses to wrestle in college.
Karr is a must. He is special, and I believe he will continue to grow into a very impressive upper weight. I could see him approaching 165/174 by the time he reaches college.
Rocky could slot anywhere from 149-165. Who knows how this will play out, but all three are great gets regardless."

Carr wrestled at 160 at Freestyle State over the weekend. May not have been cutting any weight, but with 2 years left in high school I think he'll easily be at least 165/174 come college.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

Carr is short. I think he's 157 and possibly 149.

What happened to Gable Steveson?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Carr is short. I think he's 157 and possibly 149.

What happened to Gable Steveson?"

ive heard Steveson and Fix mentioned but the list i posted the most realistic right now

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"1. What weight does Micah go and how does he do?

2. Some have indicated IMar is going 165 lbs. Assuming Cousin Isaac is still at that weight, does he have the canny treachery to bogart IMar when it counts most?

3. Some have indicated BoJo is going 174 lbs. My sense is that he would harpoon Nickal at a threshold moment, especially if he wasn't cutting. Your thoughts?

4. Rocky to OSU?"

1. Ultimately, I think Micah has the frame to be up at 157. Everyone foresaw him as a 157 and I'd still like to see that come to fruition. Is there a possibility of him bumping to 157, Jake going to 165, and Bo to 174? I hadn't considered that idea before.

2. Yes. I think Isaac can be the IMar kryptonite. His defense and re-shots would be the arsenal for such a thing.

3. I like Bo at 174. For himself and for the team. Regardless of what he walks around at, he looked most impressive at 174 and firing on all cylinders. He just seemed so much stronger than the opposition up at 174. And yes, I think he thrashes Nickal.

4. I've heard rumor here and there that Rocky may not be quite as passionate about wrestling as his Jordan predecessors. That's the main reason I threw that out there. I don't know him personally and I don't know if there's any legitimacy to that. And even if there is, a lot can change with 2 years of HS left and a young man's mind.

General comments: Daton Fix would be a HUGE get! The Bucks have been throwing down for a solid 125 option for over a year. And if we could steal one away from John Smith, it definitely helps. Lord knows John Smith has nabbed plenty of Ohio talent over the years and it would be damn nice to return that favor and fill a serious need simultaneously.

Inside the state, I'm a big fan of both Carr and Romero. Both kids are more than just damn good wrestlers. The Carr family is as respected and reputable in the wrestling community as they come. From Joe Carr, Sr. on down, top notch people on every branch of that family tree. And Tom Ryan has made a point of focusing on great students/citizens in addition to being top wrestling talent. David Carr fits the bill across the board. And a very respectful young man as well. And Romero, by all accounts, is a dynamic young man himself. A+ student and a multi-sport athlete that excels at the highest levels. If that doesn't scream Buckeye wrestler, nothing does. My own personal interactions with both kids and those around them have been nothing but positive in every way possible. Must haves!

As an aside, I was messing with Carr this past weekend at the state FS/GR tourney. I told him if he'd be a Buckeye someday he could have head of the line for FS sign-ins. He played along with my shenanigans and he's well aware of the fact the Buckeye fans would love to see him at tOSU.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on May 19, 2016

Good stuff, Shep.

#StraightOuttaOrab

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next