Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Discussion Topic: Cleveland Right Now
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 19, 2016

The entire city is on pins and needles. Just a quiet electricity. We want this so bad. What a story it would be.

Go Cavs.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on June 19, 2016

All in!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on June 19, 2016

Unreal.

Congratulations, Cleveland.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on June 19, 2016

There it is!

Steve Lester added to this discussion on June 19, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"The entire city is on pins and needles. Just a quiet electricity. We want this so bad. What a story it would be.

Go Cavs."

Oh yes. Earlier out and about, shopping, you could see it in everybody's eyes. This is what we were all waiting for.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 20, 2016

ive lived in the city of Cleveland -- not burbs -- 44 years, came here from where else Akron for a job ... i had porch open at midnight i could HEAR CAR HORNS 10 miles away downtown

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 20, 2016

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"ive lived in the city of Cleveland -- not burbs -- 44 years, came here from where else Akron for a job ... i had porch open at midnight i could HEAR CAR HORNS 10 miles away downtown"

I heard plenty of gunshots. I'd have fired too if I had one.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 20, 2016

Dano texts me he will be appearing at Mr. Brisket today 2-5, the first 20 customers welcome to a Reuben on him.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 21, 2016

Honest question for the Cleve area posters (but anyone can chime in). What makes you happier--Cavs winning title or Bucks winning wrestling NCAA's? Or is it roughly the same?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 21, 2016

"Honest question for the Cleve area posters (but anyone can chime in). What makes you happier--Cavs winning title or Bucks winning wrestling NCAA's? Or is it roughly the same?"

weeeeeeeelll, since this is a WR forum and not a BBall forum, answer kinda obvious, MrB. i know u got more hardball Qs than that lob. Challenge us, we're tuff.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on June 21, 2016

PFFFFT,,, not close. I got more enjoyment watching Martin and Snyder win than seeing the Cavs win. I enjoyed seeing the Cavs win, but not nearly as much.

I do enjoy seeing LeBron get all the credit he's getting. Who looks like the MVP now? But to be honest, that also probably motivated him even more to win it all.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 21, 2016

to paraphrase the words of prez JFK in 1962 standing in front of the Berlin Wall, "Ich ben ein Clevelander".

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 21, 2016

"

"Honest question for the Cleve area posters (but anyone can chime in). What makes you happier--Cavs winning title or Bucks winning wrestling NCAA's? Or is it roughly the same?"

weeeeeeeelll, since this is a WR forum and not a BBall forum, answer kinda obvious, MrB. i know u got more hardball Qs than that lob. Challenge us, we're tuff."

I don't think it's obvious.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 25, 2016

Hank, both a HUGE deal, but to different audiences --

i live in Cleveland the city, how many on here do? i was lucky i came here in 1972 for a JOB.

My fellow CLEvlanders need JOBS now -- Obama hasnt provided any, none, all talk -- jobs mean hope, no jobs no hope, simple. Kasich & Repubs have screwed the big cities too.

Lebron & Ryan have both done all they can do. We lucky to have both, very lucky.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on June 26, 2016

"Hank, both a HUGE deal, but to different audiences --

i live in Cleveland the city, how many on here do? i was lucky i came here in 1972 for a JOB.

My fellow CLEvlanders need JOBS now -- Obama hasnt provided any, none, all talk -- jobs mean hope, no jobs no hope, simple. Kasich & Repubs have screwed the big cities too.

Lebron & Ryan have both done all they can do. We lucky to have both, very lucky."

Unemployment was 8 percent in Cleveland in Nov 2007 when Bush lost the election. Eight years later it stood at 4.4 percent.
As to Hank's question for me it is Cleveland's win. I am a sports fan only when it comes to Cleveland. I inherited that as one of my earliest memories is my Dad throwing a shoe at the tv as we lost to the Giants in football. I was thrilled with tOSH title but I am n
more of an Ohio fan when it comes to wrestling. I would probably be just as thrilled, maybe more if OU or KSU won. My greatest dream would be to see all Ohio kids win some year regardless of who they wrestled for. I am a Cleveland guy born and bred thank you.

Last edited by Mike Stann on June 26, 2016; edited 1 time in total

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next