Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Recruiting Stuff
Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on July 6, 2016

1. Just saw that Mejia and Renteria BOTH decommitted from Iowa. Mejia, if he is a future 125, would be perfect for the Bucks.

2. Saw that Kary Kolat tweeted something from Elyria the other day about a Future Camel. Christian Pyles retweeted it and added #KevinVough. Is Vough really looking to go to Campbell?

3. Mostly for Brady, if he has the ability to comment, but do you know a time frame for Kaleb to commit? Just wondering.

4. C.P. also tweeted that David Carr wears OSU stuff to all of his tournaments. Dano, Bob or Hank, any thought here on OSU's chances. I honestly assumed he would end up at ISU.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 6, 2016

*Cary

Never again, sir. That level of disrespect will NOT be tolerated.

ps: I thought one aspect of the first recommit was that the commit all was one-sided (the kids) and happened VERY early! I don't think Iowa is on the hook at all on this.

RE: Carr...I hope he does end up a Buckeye. But I see your point concerning ISU. After all, Dan Gable DID wrestle there.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 6, 2016

Columbus, Ohio - Ohio State had a league-high and school record 91 student-athletes named Big Ten Distinguished Scholars, the conference announced Wednesday. (incl from wrestling Rozema & Tomosello)

The Distinguished Scholar Award encompasses only students with a minimum grade-point average of 3.7 or higher for the previous academic year, excluding summer school.

In addition to finishing second in the Director’s Cup for overall athletic success, the Buckeyes had a conference-record 350 Academic All-Big Ten honorees and a school record 561 student-athletes were recognized as Ohio State Scholar-Athletes.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on July 6, 2016

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"1. Just saw that Mejia and Renteria BOTH decommitted from Iowa. Mejia, if he is a future 125, would be perfect for the Bucks.

2. Saw that Kary Kolat tweeted something from Elyria the other day about a Future Camel. Christian Pyles retweeted it and added #KevinVough. Is Vough really looking to go to Campbell?

3. Mostly for Brady, if he has the ability to comment, but do you know a time frame for Kaleb to commit? Just wondering.

4. C.P. also tweeted that David Carr wears OSU stuff to all of his tournaments. Dano, Bob or Hank, any thought here on OSU's chances. I honestly assumed he would end up at ISU.

Thanks in advance for any info!"

1) Would guess Mejia ends up staying in the western third of the country - flagship recruit of Fresno's program or at Arizona State (no inside there)

2) Indications i had heard on Vough were Ivy League schools, or type of schools

3) Zero clue, though being a football player could either accelerate or delay the process

4) Carr is a c/o 2018. Older brother (Nate, Jr) is now affiliated with FLWC, which I think could bring Cornell into play.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on July 7, 2016

Thank you everyone!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 7, 2016

Bucks desperately need a 125 prospect (who can make the weight!) so perhaps this young man--about whom I know nothing--is already interested in Columbus?

I think David Carr to Ohio State makes sense. He is superb and a potential freestyle stud as well. Would not surprise me if he verbaled early. Will be interesting to see what Dom Demas does. Also an Ohio standout and similar size plus he's heading into his senior year.

I have no idea how much Ohio State wants Vough. He makes sense but there have been a few injuries.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on July 7, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"
I have no idea how much Ohio State wants Vough. He makes sense but there have been a few injuries."

I get the distinct feeling OSU is overly confident in Kyle Snyder manning the weight for the forseeable future. There will come a day when a heavyweight is a more pressing need. And even if Snyder wins Olympic Gold and then returns to school as planned he's still only got 2 years of eligibility remaining. And it doesn't seem like there's much on the horizon or in the pipeline at present.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on July 7, 2016

I think it's a safe bet that he'll commit before Aug 1. I'll let him, if he even chooses to do so, to give his short list of colleges.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on July 11, 2016

Gable Stevenson? Is he committed anywhere just yet? The reason I'm curious is because he seems pretty tight with a number of current Bucks but I don't know where he fits with the current roster. Lots of social media tags with the Bucks in social settings. Seems weekly I see a tweet. Bob or Josh, any insight on this one?

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on July 12, 2016

Gable's a clear 285 projection. He's a 2018 kid, which means he's got two years of high school left. He's also chronologically young (early June 2000 birthday) for his grade.

Older brother Bobby is at Minnesota right now, so there's that in play.

To say anything further would be uninformed speculation on my part. The obvious is that every single program in the country is going to want his presence on their roster come the fall of 2018.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on July 12, 2016

Quote from Josh Lowe's post:

"Gable's a clear 285 projection. He's a 2018 kid, which means he's got two years of high school left. He's also chronologically young (early June 2000 birthday) for his grade.

Older brother Bobby is at Minnesota right now, so there's that in play.

To say anything further would be uninformed speculation on my part. The obvious is that every single program in the country is going to want his presence on their roster come the fall of 2018."

Hmmmm, perhaps this could be the projection I was sleeping on for Snyder's replacement? Seems an obvious fit, aside from his brother being at Minny.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on July 14, 2016

285: Can anyone shed some light on the development of Troy Caldwell? I watched him several times in HS and was impressed. My concern for him was his size...he struck me as a tweener. Perhaps too big for 197 and too small for 285.

Obviously, Snyderman holds this weight down for the next two years but with Tav graduating after this coming season is Caldwell the only other 285 in the room?

What is the scoop on Kameron Teacher?

Curt Heinrichs added to this discussion on July 14, 2016

Quote from Joe Kinzel's post:

"
What is the scoop on Kameron Teacher?"

InterMat says Teacher committed to Notre Dame College.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on July 15, 2016

Ohio State recruited both Caldwell and Knapp in the 2015 class as backup 285's. Neither is likely to be a near-term starter, maybe one ends up starting in a few years (if they hit a diamond in the rough).

With Haines no longer on the roster and Tavanello exhausting eligiblity after the 16-17 season, one would think the money is there for the Buckeyes to target a bigger name 285 projection in 2017 recruiting (so the athlete can redshirt and then start after Snyder graduates). Easier said then done to find that type of athlete though.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on September 11, 2016

David Carr, Jordan Decatur & Mitch Moore were on campus this weekend.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next