Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Recruiting Stuff
Matt Mace added to this discussion on September 12, 2016

Quote from Dwight LeRoy's post:

"David Carr, Jordan Decatur & Mitch Moore were on campus this weekend."

I have to believe Carr and Decatur are locks for the Buckeyes. Just a matter of time before they commit. Sure would like to see a fence built around SPG too. let's keep all the studs in state. Mitch Moore is a great young talent. Where's Rocky?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on September 12, 2016

Quote from Matt Mace's post:

"

I have to believe Carr and Decatur are locks for the Buckeyes. Just a matter of time before they commit. Sure would like to see a fence built around SPG too. let's keep all the studs in state. Mitch Moore is a great young talent. Where's Rocky?"

Gosh I like to hear it, but why do you have to believe Carr and Decatur are locks?

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on September 12, 2016

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"

"

I have to believe Carr and Decatur are locks for the Buckeyes. Just a matter of time before they commit. Sure would like to see a fence built around SPG too. let's keep all the studs in state. Mitch Moore is a great young talent. Where's Rocky?"

Gosh I like to hear it, but why do you have to believe Carr and Decatur are locks?"

Carr loves tOSU and a couple of the guys on the team. Carr is also taking a visit to PSU but I think tOSU has the edge right now.

Decatur is interesting to me. It's hard to predict future weights but he doesn't seem like a future 125#.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on September 12, 2016

Decatur is a top notch talent to be sure, but projecting him to 125 is a long shot. A lot or wrestlers start out at the introductory weight end up larger than 125. From Jim and Jeff Jordan to Alan Fried to David Taylor to Logan and Hunter Stieber. If anyone was going to stay there it looked like it was going to be Tomessello with the way his weights broke down in high school, and even he couldn't hold the weight. It's one of the (many) things that makes Spencer Lee such a valuable prospect.

Matt Mace added to this discussion on September 12, 2016

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"

"

Gosh I like to hear it, but why do you have to believe Carr and Decatur are locks?"

I don't have any inside info, just seems like they both love tOSU and I think Coach Ryan would love to have them. That's all.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on September 12, 2016

Cautionary note is that David Carr's brother (Nate, Jr.) is at Finger Lakes WC, which ties into Cornell. He attended Iowa State for college.

Obviously, Mitch has his older brother Brent, who just started at Virginia Tech.

To presume anything weight wise with Decatur should be done with a grain of salt.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on September 13, 2016

I used to see David Taylor at a lot of the Buckeye duals when he was in high school, so I'm not getting excited about anyone until they commit.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on September 13, 2016

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"I used to see David Taylor at a lot of the Buckeye duals when he was in high school, so I'm not getting excited about anyone until they commit."

It was pretty common knowledge that David was going to wrestle for Cael -- but yes, noting is final until the NLI gets signed.

Cory Surles added to this discussion on September 13, 2016

David Carr is a PSU/OSU battle...PSU was the favorite for awhile but the Buckeyes have made up some grown. Knowing Nate Carr I like the Buckeyes chances

William Danforth added to this discussion on September 15, 2016

Quote from Josh Lowe's post:

"Cautionary note is that David Carr's brother (Nate, Jr.) is at Finger Lakes WC, which ties into Cornell. He attended Iowa State for college.
"

Nate Carr Jr is an assistant coach at Lock Haven.

http://www.golhu.com/news/2016/7/21/nate-carr-jr-named-assistant-wrestling-coach.aspx

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2