Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Rosselli to Oklahoma
Eric Curitore added to this discussion on August 30, 2016

https://twitter.com/MarkSchultzy

I'm sure he is a nice guy and means well, though this was a little idiotic on his end. I know he's been trying to land a gig himself for a while now, perhaps he's a little salty? This isn't the first (or probably last) time he's done or said something questionable. You'd think he'd be a little more supportive of the University he attended and had so much success at. I'll admit I'm a bit younger than most of you, so perhaps I'm missing something?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Roe Fox added to this discussion on August 30, 2016

First, congrats to Rosselli. Well deserved. Gave a lot to the Buckeyes.

Second, Schultz has a history of bitter and sometimes bizarre posts. It is likely much of the reason someone with his exceptional background can't get a head coaching gig.

Tony Jameson added to this discussion on August 30, 2016

I've had many coaches, quite literally every big name in ohio I've probably at the very least attended a camp. As many great technicians there are Lou is hands down the greatest coach for his age group there is to offer. It is not impossible to teach a 5 year old a half nelson, but taking successful kids and making them feel insignificant (with their level of knowledge they already have) I remember feeling on top of the world my first day there. Within a week I felt kinda silly because Lou had already taught me probably the same amount I'd learned in 4 years of highschool. Trust me first hand, there is no mediocrity when it comes to Lou Rosselli

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on August 31, 2016

I agree with everyone, losing Lou Rosselli stings. He is well deserving of this opportunity and I wish him the best of luck.

I do have a couple of questions. First, with the hiring of Tervel, will there be much drop off in acquiring top level talent to the RTC?

Secondly, with Tervel on staff, will it help the Bucks land a big time 285?

I guess I'm looking at this from the glass half full. Losing Lou sucks but dang...we get Tervel!

Jared Ball added to this discussion on September 1, 2016

I'm sure Tervel will be an outstanding coach for both OSU and the RTC. I think if Ohio RTC athletes are able to have continued success in the immediate switch between Tervel and Lou it will bolster the confidence of outside athletes to continue coming to OSU to train. He certainly has the pedigree and international medals to prove that he knows what hes doing, but I think ultimately athletes come because of who they train with and how successful the coach can make them. It doesn't hurt that we have the greatest American wrestler in the country training in our room right now! If Logan can start racking up medals (which I believe he will), and we can lure someone a couple of senior level guys (Gwiz maybe?) I think the transition will be seamless. I'm more interested in who they bring in as the "other" assistant. Its gotta be a lighter guy doesn't it?

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on September 1, 2016

so how long until we see Daton Fix to Okla?

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on September 1, 2016

I have never spoken to Coach Rosselli during his time at tOSU. I admired him when he was a 118-pounder for Edinboro. Even back then, he seemed like a cerebral guy who approached the sport a little differently than his peers. While at Ohio State there has not been a single criticism that I can remember...From his technique to his ability to teach that technique to his relationships with his wrestlers to the way he interacts with other coaches. The man is beyond reproach. Losing Rosselli is a big deal, but that's what happens when you take a program from where Ohio State was to where Ohio State is now...you lose assistants.

Congratulations Coach Rosselli . Good luck taking over a new program. Ohio State fans will miss you.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 1, 2016

The Bucks are in great shape for the future. Lots of talent in the room that will be moving into the RTC and want to coach. Losing Lou is just a reality that can be dealt with. Program strong. Tervel and J will lead step up. They did a lot with these athletes that have shined.

Ryan will take his time filling vacant coaching position. Ryan in France at Jr worlds with Kollin Moore. Going to see Fix soon.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 1, 2016

Tony Jameson: Thanks for adding your thoughts to this post. Confirms what many of us thought but it's always nice to hear from people who know.

M-Rod: Well said.

Bob P: Agree but nice to hear it from you. Bucks just need to land a couple good recruits.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 2, 2016

Ryan believes Kollin Moore will be a star. (Zach Steiner senior Div 3 170 lb state champ from Norwayne has committed)

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on September 2, 2016

Mr. Preusse...Can you define "a star"? This is team has Kyle Snyder on it and recent graduated Logan Stieber. Are we talking a star relative to his perceived talent coming out of high school or are we talking about a legit star on the college wrestling scene?

Either way is great for the wrestler and the program. Just wondering how high Coach Ryan is on the kid.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 2, 2016

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Mr. Preusse...Can you define "a star"? This is team has Kyle Snyder on it and recent graduated Logan Stieber. Are we talking a star relative to his perceived talent coming out of high school or are we talking about a legit star on the college wrestling scene?

Either way is great for the wrestler and the program. Just wondering how high Coach Ryan is on the kid. "

Mike, re Kollin Moore, actually Ryan told me he will be a "super star"

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on September 2, 2016

Steiner not listed on Flo's Senior Big Board. Can someone provide information on this young man and what assets this young man will bring to tOSU?

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on September 2, 2016

Mr. Preusse...That would seem like a statement that begs for a follow up question. Moore had a nice red-shirt year, but nothing that would point to "super star" status. When I look at Ohio State's team, Snyder is THE super star, period. Hell, he's the super star of USA Wrestling. Behind him you've got Tomesello and Martin...then Bo Jordan. Micah would be a guy that is looking to emerge as a major player at his new weight class. Is Moore at Micah's level? Is he expected to All American this season? If so, that's a huge bonus for the Buckeyes.

Have any DotNeters been in the room? Seen him roll? How does he stack up against the best 197s in DI? I can't imagine anyone's picking over Cox after the off season he just had...so are we talking finalist? Top three? AA?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 2, 2016

He's on the Junior Olympic team so there's that.

I'm interested to see his development. I can't imagine he's at the same level as when he walked in. I think Moore is the exact situation Coach Ryan was talking about when he began recruiting character. Remember that summer?? Great insight from a coach who had been burned on talent. Kids with solid character improve at a much higher rate than those without.

If Kollin Moore isn't a national champ we'll assume he's a petty their on the side. :-) ;-) :-)

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next