Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: NaTo @ 133
Mike Stann added to this discussion on September 9, 2016

WIN magazine states that NaTo is going up to 133 and have him ranked third at that weight. Does anyone think they have this right or are they just speculating? I know this has been discussed previous with no real consensus.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jared Ball added to this discussion on September 9, 2016

Link to article: https://www.win-magazine.com/2016/09/oklahoma-state-ranked-no-1-in-win-preseason-ratings/

For what its worth he's still listed at 125 on the team site. I really hope that was a far-fetched guess. If it isn't I'd be concerned about what happens with Pletcher

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on September 9, 2016

Nothing official but I asked Logan what the Bucks lineup would like at the Ohio RTC golf outing he said Nate would be at 125.

It was also nice to see Hunter is back and competing and going to try and make the world team at 65kg and Logan was going 61kg

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 9, 2016

confirmed Tomo 133

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 9, 2016

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"confirmed Tomo 133"

Is "Tomo" Nate?

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

"confirmed Tomo 133"

Is "Tomo" Nate?"

of course

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on September 9, 2016

"confirmed Tomo 133"

So who goes 125 then?

Jared Ball added to this discussion on September 9, 2016

Well...that made things interesting. Can Pletcher or Rodriguez make 125? Man, to be a fly on the wall in those coaches meetings. Should make for some interesting message board discussions

Real issue isn't who goes 125 or 165. It's the fact the Bucks have been able to see this coming for years and still haven't been able to successfully fill these spots.

Every recruit doesn't have to be a potential NCAA champ on multiple occasions. How about solid 2nd/3rd tier kids that can be coached up and taught to credibly compete?

I understand that recruiting is tricky and the best programs fight hard for the best talent. But sometimes you have to drive a chevy instead of a BMW. Tom Ryan just doesn't look at enough Chevies. A chevy may not win a big race but it can get you from point A to point B.

Bucks have a ridiculous lineup at 8 wt classes with Nate, Ke-Shawn, Micah, Jake, Bo, Myles, Kollin and Kyle. It's just stupid not to have reasonable prospects to plug in at the last few spots.

I know...I'm a broken record.

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on September 9, 2016

This decision has been talked about for over a 1.5 years and it finally happened. I for one am glad to see him move up because he was cutting some serious weight.

Hank, I agree with you 110%. It's not a given that Jose will be able to maintain 125#. He may end up being a spot starter.

Eric Curitore added to this discussion on September 9, 2016

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/46045-major-lineup-changes-for-ohio-state-wrestling

Got to think the cut to 65 was a lot for Bo...I agree he's the heavy favorite at 174. He's been a team player in the past making that cut & staying at 165, though his true potential is frightening for his opponents at 174.

What's the scoop on Rodriguez at 125? Perhaps someone with more knowledge can put me in my place, though I'm not too thrilled with our 125/165 options. Hard to contend in the big picture. Obviously we got some big names and sure fire guys, though I wish we had a little more at times.

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

"confirmed Tomo 133"

So who goes 125 then?"

Rodriquez

pertinent to discussion, from Oct 2016 Ryan interview will be in AWN:

Question: You have voiced concern over the forfeit problem in college. It’s a big problem in high school too. Your opinion as to solutions?

Ryan: Redshirting has to be assessed. With only 9.9 scholarships and 10 weight classes its a challenge to field an entire team when there are redshirts. Many teams don't even have 9.9. Some have 4 or 5. We can't ignore this. No sport can flourish when teams can't put a full line up on the mat. The weight descent rules are good but need to be loosened. This would allow coaches more flexibility.

BTW, Ryan is the new president of the NWCA

Very interesting tidbits, Mr. Preusse. Sounds as if Coach Ryan feels wrestlers need less restrictions on wt cutting. But the NCAA is not likely to agree to it. So...will we see a reduction of wt classes at the collegiate level? Not a solution that any of us want but it solves the issue of how do you field a lineup with very limited schollies.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on September 9, 2016

"

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

"confirmed Tomo 133"

So who goes 125 then?"

Rodriquez"

To Hank's point: if Rodriguez can make it is he not at LEAST a Chevy at 125?

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next