Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: ASU vs. OSU
Matt Mace added to this discussion on November 19, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"
Bucks will be underdogs for next two."

Is Bo wrestling?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Patrick Niemann added to this discussion on November 19, 2016

First look at Hayes, very impressive.

I think Ryan was gassed after 2:30. The challenge helped him last as long as he did.

Coverage is subpar to say the least but I sure am glad I can watch.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 19, 2016

Seth Williams at 174. Bo is on diaper duty (kidding).

Burcher could make it interesting at 165. A. Valencia has looked beatable so far although I expect he'll have a plan of Cody's top game.

Agree with Matt about Jake's lack of riding. Too bad he can't use the old Mike Pucillo where you encircle the head and arm then launch the guy back. Guess it's illegal now.

Nice job by Burcher. This is folk and you need game on the mat. Burcher has great hand control on bottom and he sure can ride.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on November 19, 2016

Myles and Kollin looked great!
Burcher wrestled admirably.

Not to be too negative but where did ASU get these announcers?
OSU up 23-15 heading into the final bout and we will"likely" win the dual?

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on November 19, 2016

Snyder just mauled the #4 guy in the country!

Tanner Hall is a very good college 285 and Kyle just blew through him without trying.

Other than Jake gassing, this was a good effort by the Bucks. Thing is....Jake is improving. He may have tired in part because he's been hurt and not training.

Fitzgerald and Burcher were both solid in defeat. I really like Burcher. He could be an NCAA qualifier and a very dangerous guy in a cons match.

Bucks have a lot of firepower with this team....maybe the best team they've ever had. Bucks just easily beat a rapidly improving ASU team without Bo or Nate. On the road. That's a good sign.

8 AA's?

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 19, 2016

My only beef, I thought Jake had as much of a pin as the one called for Valencia. IMO. Thought Myles & Kollin were all business. Had Nato & Bo wrestled, it would have been a romp. Nice to have the reigning NCAA, World & Olympic Champ at the end of the lineup!! I don't envy anyone that has to step on the mat with him. And another plus for Kyle is Tervel is in his corner this year.

Generally speaking, this is the most impressed I've ever been with a Buckeyes team early in the season. They really get after opponents and their offense has been decidedly improved. I keep thinking that something has changed in terms of how they're being coached. I don't know who deserves credit but something seems different.

It's early and I've only seen the matches at Journeyman and this dual. But even their non-stars have looked well coached and competitive. Kudos to Coach Ryan and company. This team seems ready.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on November 20, 2016

Serious question:

Can someone with experience/talent (both of which I lack) help me understand why conditioning would be an issue at the collegiate level?

It seems like this is THE variable you have complete control over barring some type of medical/physiology issue, especially when you have all the peripherals (facilities, trainers, coaches, etc) to assist you...

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on November 20, 2016

A big part of conditioning is managing your weight. Maybe he doesn't have his weight under control yet.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on November 20, 2016

Well there's the weight, but there's also... you're putting your conditioning up against someone else's. So if they are conditioned to push a faster pace than you're used to... something's going to give.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 20, 2016

Burcher showing very encouraging, he could really solidify this lineup. 165: #9 Anthony Valencia decision over Cody Burcher 4-3

RS frosh 165 Anthony Valencia won the Ironman at 170 TWO years ago, wt cut hard for him no doubt-- but he is very talented imo, sr year maj dec over Kamal Bey in finals, the year before beat a guy named Myles Martin 8-2 in finals.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on November 20, 2016

I've read (on here, if memory serves) that gassing in the third period can also be attributable to being too hyped up in the first period.

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on November 20, 2016

All I can give is my opinion based on experience. In college, I would get myself so wound up, mentally, that I would be almost exhausted a minute into the match. I was in good shape and trained very hard, but I would look like a lazy ass so quickly. To be honest, when I realized I was most likely going to be a very mediocre college wrestler, I just relaxed a little before matches. I felt way better and had a better motor. I didn't win a whole lot more, b/c I was, as mentioned, incredibly average, but I at least looked in shape while taking the L.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3