Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Tri-dual: Ohio State, Kent State, Cleveland State - Nov 22nd
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 22, 2016

Jairod James has AA level physical talent but lacks the pace to fulfill his potential. Seth Williams finally wore out enough for James to take care of him but Williams was wrestling with his knee in a strait jacket. James needs to either commit heart and soul to the pursuit of greatness or get on with his life's work. I'd love to see what he could do if he chose the former.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on November 23, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Jairod James has AA level physical talent but lacks the pace to fulfill his potential. Seth Williams finally wore out enough for James to take care of him but Williams was wrestling with his knee in a strait jacket. James needs to either commit heart and soul to the pursuit of greatness or get on with his life's work. I'd love to see what he could do if he chose the former."

Agreed. Those are the most points I've ever seen him score. His style last season was very conservative; certainly not indicative of his ability. I've heard Hll and Andrassy tell him to up his pace and go. Perhaps his loss in the final at Navy was his wake up call. From the Navy Classic recap:

"James held a 4-1 lead in his final bout against No. 11 Jadaen Bernstein (Navy), but a third period escape made the difference in a 5-4 loss. "Jairod could have won that match," Andrassy said. "He gave up a takedown at the edge thinking they were going to be called out of bounds. He just needs to wrestle with more of a sense of urgency"

William Danforth added to this discussion on November 23, 2016

Facebook version of photos from Thanksgiving Throwdown.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1162507287169389.1073742037.279561248797335&type=1&l=fec275d691

Flickr version of photos from Thanksgiving Throwdown.
https://flic.kr/s/aHskPd6puC

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2