Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Titan Mercury Wrestling Club
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 1, 2016

Just defeated Iran to win Club World Title. David Taylor had a big comeback win then Gwiz won with a great single in the last 30 seconds to clinch it. Snyder lost on a pushout with only about 5 seconds to go. He was the aggressor but his opponent was in good shape and did not let Kyle get to his legs.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on December 1, 2016

Wow can't believe the champ lost twice this weekend! I'm sure he will recover. This is what makes are sport so great you can always learn and improve.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 2, 2016

A few thoughts on Snyder losing twice:

1) The rest of the world has gotten a good look at him. Game plans have been formulated and opponents are more prepared.

2) He's not in peak mode at this point in his training. It's possible his folkstyle involvement is also a distraction.

3) Snyder wears out opponents better than anyone in the world. This skill was less of an advantage in the more relaxed, two day Cup setting.

One other thought--these losses should remind us why Jordan Burroughs was so amazing. His carrer record-- 130-4 with three world titles, a world bronze and an Olympic Gold. Watching Snyder now makes me understand why Burroughs accomplishments are so absolutely amazing.

Just to be clear--Snyder has already had one of the best careers in American history and there's no reason not to believe his best days lie in front of him.

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on December 2, 2016

If you watch the matches...there is defiantly a blue print being followed. Both opponents simply blocked with good defense and hoped not to gas....turning it into a one move match. They both converted on the one attempt they took. Also, every time Snyder got close to a push out the adversary successfully dropped to a knee avoiding the pushout. Kyle will figure that out and utilize it to score I am certain. Not to cry over spilled milk, but the fact Kyle was on the shot clock was ABSURD.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 2, 2016

Jamie--you're right. But don't expect fair reffing.

Shawn Andrews added to this discussion on December 2, 2016

What I am about to say is not meant to be critical but is just a question.

Does the interruption in training due to all of the public appearances afforded an olympic champion have impact of performance? Considering the razor thin difference between the worlds greatest athletes could that be part of it? If so it makes me even less concerned bc I see less of the "fanfare" interrupting preparation going forward.

► Add to the Discussion