Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Vegas Baby!
Chris Thomas added to this discussion on December 3, 2016

Tutolo knocks off Naser of ASU 10-3 to place! Nice Job!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 3, 2016

Tutolo had a brutal draw and showed that he's in the AA conversation.

Bucks have been superb. Not surprised at all that J-Rod crushed his opponent. Nate was excellent against a tough Grey and Micah was rock solid.

Myles coming up soon.

Burcher gassed. Ouch. Will go for 7th.

If Myles beats Zavatsky, the Bucks are in the driver's seat to win Vegas.

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"If Myles beats Zavatsky, the Bucks are in the driver's seat to win Vegas."

didn't happen.

Bucks have 5 matches left and are 1.5 points behind WISCONSIN for first. Wiscy has two probable champs in Isaac and Medberry....though both face tough comp. Not sure that they'll win any more and they only have one more bout to score (for 5th).

Bucks can win 4 of last 5 with only obvious underdog being J-Rod in finals (vs. Dance). Still, J-Rod has had a helluva tourney and can certainly pull the upset. Moore has a big boy from W.Va. IMO Moore has had a very nice tourney. One more win would be terrific.

Virginia Tech lurks in 3rd...8 pts behind. They have four going in finals. Walz has Medberry....Zavatsky has Dean...Haught has Pfarr...and Dance has J-Rod. Only Dance is favored in his matchup.

Bucks are in solid position to win this if they can have one more good round.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on December 3, 2016

"daddy ball" re: Jake Ryan is crazy talk. You take the type of kid Jake Ryan is all day long as a recruit: no cost and relatively productive in high school (state finalist his senior year).

Ryan and Burcher are the current weak spots of the Ohio State lineup. Pre-tournament I would have put Rodriguez in that category.

The other seven starters are round of 12 or above types.

Jose Rodriguez got F---ed. I'm referring to the bogus injury/potentially dangerous call. He tapped out. Ref should call injury time. Jose takes down and match is over.

Sure seemed like there were no supporting points in bounds on that shrug by Dance.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 3, 2016

J-Rod has to move up the rankings after this showing. I mean Dance was ranked #2 in the country behind Gilman for cryin out loud! Great tournament despite the finals. I think we got a legit 125-pounder.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on December 3, 2016

I still follow Destin McCauley. He won an NCAA championship for Nebraska Kearney last year. He lost to Big Ten opponents and DNP.

As you say Hank, Best line I've read in awhile, "wrestling can hurt your soul"
D1 is brutal.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 3, 2016

Martin and Moore finish with 3rd place wins. Moore beat #6 Smith so he should be climbing in the rankings. Good job fellas! Bucks win the tournament without 3 starters, wow. With Ke-shawn, Bo & Kyle here, it would have been a blowout!

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on December 4, 2016

"Tutolo had a brutal draw and showed that he's in the AA conversation.

Bucks have been superb. Not surprised at all that J-Rod crushed his opponent. Nate was excellent against a tough Grey and Micah was rock solid.

Myles coming up soon."

Tutolo was KSU's only bright spot in Vegas. Sparkman had to withdraw due to a possible concussion and James was injured in his last match. With no entry at 125, the remaining 6 wrestlers turned in "bleh" performances. I couldn't believe that Tutolo fought off the pin. He showed a lot of heart and has the talent to make a legitimate AA run.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 4, 2016

Tutolo is a terrific competitor. Sparkman has talent. James had a shot to take out Wilson in a rat tail but fell short in OT. Wilson made it to the semis. James shows flashes of being a major D1 talent but lacks consistency. One gets the sense that he's close to being really good.

Last edited by Hank Kornblut on December 4, 2016; edited 1 time in total

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on December 4, 2016

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"J-Rod has to move up the rankings after this showing. I mean Dance was ranked #2 in the country behind Gilman for cryin out loud! Great tournament despite the finals. I think we got a legit 125-pounder."

I agree 100%
Also Martin is greatly improved from last year, he's wrestling very aggressively and with confidence.

Kollin is so fun to watch. He had a great showing and is only going to improve as the season goes on.

The Buckeyes are going to be so fun to watch in duals with the complete squad competing!

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on December 4, 2016

"Tutolo is a terrific competitor. Sparkman has talent. James had a shot to take out Wilson in a rat tail but fell short in OT. Wilson made it to the semis. James needs to work hard and care more. He has the talent to be a major D1 talent but he lacks the heart."

His inconsistency confirms your assessment. Let's see if the coaching staff can get him to the next level. The transformation of Mike DePalma from a .500 performer his junior year to AA his senior year makes me optimistic.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next