Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio State v Mizzou
Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on December 8, 2016

Solid 30-9 win for the Buckeyes. Moore selected by Ryan as Buckeye wrestler of the dual.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on December 8, 2016

Wow, would have been nice to see Moore get going with just a little more time! What a great match he wrestled!

Rex Holman added to this discussion on December 8, 2016

Some guys look excellent. If NCAAs were tomorrow, 7 AAs with 5 of those with finals potential. Team stays healthy and biggest point total in team history.

K Moore figured out Cox kryptonite. He hooked his leg twice on his attacks which took away a lot of his scramble. That was awesome.

Love the way Tomasello looks at 133.

Great team win.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on December 8, 2016

Pletcher won't hurt us at 41 - he knows how to wrestle close matches and win. Was never a flashy guy in HS, but very solid. He'll face and lose to better guys than he beat tonight, but that's just how he wrestles. Smart

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on December 8, 2016

Pletcher won't hurt us at 41 - he knows how to wrestle close matches and win. Was never a flashy guy in HS, but very solid. He'll face and lose to better guys than he beat tonight, but that's just how he wrestles. Smart

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 8, 2016

J-Rod got low on fuel by the third but did enough to finish off Assad. Kudos to him. Assad as a backup is a heckuva luxury. He's a top 25 guy on his own. J-Rod continues to impress.

At 133, Eierman got halfway thru the match and wilted beneath Nate's pace. Thirty seconds later the match was over. Nate has now beaten three terrific opponents in Grey, Micic and Eiderman and he's only wrestled two events. I hope we all appreciate Nate's greatness. It's rare to have a guy this good on a consistent basis. I share Rex's enthusiasm for what he can accomplish. No one's unbeatable. But as Nate gets into shape, he's going to dominate the competition.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 8, 2016

Bucks continue to look terrific. They made Mizzou look sluggish.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 8, 2016

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"J-Rod got low on fuel by the third but did enough to finish off Assad. Kudos to him. Assad as a backup is a heckuva luxury. He's a top 25 guy on his own. J-Rod continues to impress.

At 133, Eierman got halfway thru the match and wilted beneath Nate's pace. Thirty seconds later the match was over. Nate has now beaten three terrific opponents in Grey, Micic and Eiderman and he's only wrestled two events. I hope we all appreciate Nate's greatness. It's rare to have a guy this good on a consistent basis. I share Rex's enthusiasm for what he can accomplish. No one's unbeatable. But as Nate gets into shape, he's going to dominate the competition."

Does anyone finish a high crotch faster and better than Nate? When he gets you into the air, you're done!

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on December 9, 2016

Micah is slick as heck. This kid has moves that are scary good. He is capable of beating anyone in the country.

Burcher continues to impress me. He has wrestled some top caliber guys very close.

Kollin Frickin Moore! Takes down the reigning champ and Olympic Bronze medalist TWICE! How good is his potential the next four years? Warms my heart.

Sean Koran added to this discussion on December 9, 2016

My thoughts on the dual:

125 - Always good to get a win over a solid opponent, but JRod petered out significantly and looked flat. Potentially not pretty if this was McGhee. But, I know these early matches in duals can be tough for guys that are cutting a lot of weight, and I'm sure it doesn't help coming off Vegas a few days prior.

133 - Totally dominated a top 10 opponent. Great win.

141 - Great to see Pletcher notch his first varsity win, and over a two-time NQ and former MAC champ no less. Did not look strong on top or bottom. I'm hoping that's partially due to just bumping up a weight class this week and that additional strength gains as the season progresses will help out.

149 - Micah looked great against a totally outclassed opponent.

157 - Jake did not look good and was lucky not to get majored - LaVallee really seemed to let up at the end. No offense to speak of and obviously the defense was not great either (which was his trademark last year). Seemed to work hard.

165 - Burcher continues to impress. Daniel Lewis is very very very good, so to keep this to a decision was fantastic. Worked very hard kept fighting until the end, nearly getting a takedown of his own.

174 - I thought Bo looked somewhat flat, but it's hard to complain too much about a major decision as he shakes the rust off.

184 - Myles was extremely impressive. Relentless on offense. Again, the opponent was clearly over-matched, but this is the kind of match you like to see that circumstance.

197 - By far the best match of the night and what I felt was the best performance of the night (glad that Coach Ryan agreed). Kollin Moore was not the least beat intimidated by a the 2x Champ and Olympic medalist. Cam out on the offense nearly scoring a TD. And while I would typically bemoan getting ridden out for the entire period - (1) the guy doing the riding is a 2x champ and Olympic medalist and (2) Moore was about as active as you can possibly be on the bottom without escaping. Then the third period - wholly cow. To take down Cox not once, but twice. There wasn't much time left, but Cox looked worn out and Moore appeared to be gaining steam (after already coming out with tons of energy) and looked to have a puncher's chance of taking the match to OT. About as good a loss as you could ever have.

285 - I thought Kyle seemed to struggle with Myers size a bit at the beginning of the match, but this was obviously never in doubt.

Overall, 7/10 really brought it, I thought JRod and Bo looked flat but ultimately did what they had to do (JRod: win over a decent opponent; Bo: get bonus points), and Jake is clearly struggling. Mizzou was far from full strength and this could potentially have been very tight if quad M's were in the lineup. But, they weren't, and OSU took care of business. Nice to see the full lineup out there for the first time.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 9, 2016

Kollin Moore did a terrific job and I think he might prove to be the 3rd best guy in the country at 197. But Cox mailed it in...as did Mizzou in general. Having said that...

The Bucks did what you're supposed to do to a flat opponent. Kudos to them for administering a butt kicking.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 9, 2016

In the past, it always seemed like tOSU was the team that was shorthanded and never at full strength until March. The nice thing is we are still a relatively young team. Stay healthy!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 9, 2016

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"In the past, it always seemed like tOSU was the team that was shorthanded and never at full strength until March. The nice thing is we are still a relatively young team. Stay healthy!"

In the past, tOSU was always two separate teams....studs and guys filling spots. Even the year they won NCAA's, half the lineup didn't score. That has been a pattern both pre and post Tom Ryan. It drove me nuts. I btched about it a lot....and I was right.

That has changed. For the first time in the history of Ohio State wrestling, they have a team taking the mat that competes up and down the lineup. They're wrestling like a great team is supposed to. It's a pleasure to cheer for them. Finally....a real, effing group of butt kickers. Whether or not they win NCAA's isn't as big a deal as the fact they're competing each and every time they take the mat. I can't ask for anything more.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on December 10, 2016

Lots about this team makes me smile.

In my mind, NaTo is the proverbial embodiment of General James Mattis's quote, "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

I have never even a glimpse of "all eyez on me" in how he conducts himself...even though all eyes are on him due to the amazing confluence of character and ability he possesses.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on December 10, 2016

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Will someone post updates/results? I'm not going to be able to make it out tonight."

Our plan to love you into the fold is working masterfully...just a season or two more, Grateful Runner-Up. :)

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next