Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Merry Christmas
William Danforth added to this discussion on December 24, 2016

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS: was the night before Christmas And all through the house Not a wrestler was stirring Not a Coach or his spouse. The children were nestled All snug in their beds While visions of victories Danced in their heads. Their singlets were hung On their doorknobs with care In hopes that a medal Would soon join them there.

When out on the lawn There arose such a clatter I sprang from my bed To see what was the matter, And what to my sleep filled Eyes did appear? But a man with a bag Full of wrestling gear. He wore a striped shirt A ref he must be But what was he doing here Talking to me? He looked in my eyes And he said with a smile I have something to tell you So sit for a while. He said you’re a winner I’ve seen your medals all right But the true “Seasons” about A baby born on this night. When you’re out on the mat Don’t forget who you are Think of the brave wise men Who followed the star. If your arms raised in victory Or you suffer a loss Remember who died His arms spread on the cross He picked up his whistle And he blew it aloud And then he was gone In a blue misty cloud I wandered inside Not sure what to do But deep down inside I think that I knew. I fell to my knees I thanked God for the “Season” It’s not just about wrestling I have now come to reason. I will work out my best I will still strive to win I will head lock and cradle To achieve the big pin. But when the bracket is finished The mat’s rolled away I will simply be thankful That I wrestled today.

For sometimes our gifts Are wrapped up with a bow And sometimes they’re simply In things that we know. So parents and coaches Please take time in this “Season” To hug your young wrestlers And tell them the reason. It is not because They have lost or they’ve won It is because you are proud Of the job they have done.

So I’ll turn out the lights It is late now it seems Merry Christmas to all. Wrestle well in your dreams! Merry Christmas Everyone.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Merry Christmas
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion