Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks vs. Wisconsin
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 6, 2017

Echo.

Last edited by Mark Niemann on January 6, 2017; edited 1 time in total

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I'd be surprised if Snyder wrestled. Happy, but surprised."

not going against wiscy or Rutgers........"

He obviously hates me. :sigh:

Brandon Sommers added to this discussion on January 6, 2017

Would one of you with a Twitter be willing to tweet @wrestlingbucks and ask them to unpin the camp information so that we can more fluidly follow along with the matches?

I just follow Curt Heinrichs.

Brandon Sommers added to this discussion on January 6, 2017

Thanks

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"

OSU 27-10

Overall – It could be worse, as Pletcher and Ryan could win, Jordan could still be hurt and the Bucks could pitch a shutout. Going the other way, Robertson is the only Wisconsin wrestler whom I think has a shot to change my prediction for the worse. Bucks should win comfortably over a solid Wisconsin team.

#GoBucks"

Ohio State 23, WISC 15

Well done.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 6, 2017

Does anyone have a box score or a link to results?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on January 7, 2017

MATCH RESULTS
WT RESULT TEAM SCORE
165 #3 Isaac Jordan (Wisc) decision over Cody Burcher (OSU) 4-1 Wisconsin leads 3-0
174 #1 Bo Jordan (OSU) major decision over Ryan Christensen (Wisc) 15-7 Ohio State leads 4-3
184 #10 Myles Martin (OSU) technical fall over Jake Stilling (Wisc) 22-6 Ohio State leads 9-3
197 #5 Kollin Moore (OSU) major decision over #13 Ricky Robertson (Wisc) 12-3 Ohio State leads 13-3
285 #2 Connor Medbery (Wisc) technical fall over Josh Fox (OSU) 15-0 Ohio State leads 13-8
125 Johnny Jiminez (Wisc) major decision over #9 Jose Rodriguez 15-2 Ohio State leads 13-12
133 #2 Nathan Tomasello (OSU) major decision over Michael Cullen 18-5 Ohio State leads 17-12
141 Luke Pletcher (OSU) decision over #14 Cole Martin (Wisc) 8-4 Ohio State leads 20-12
149 #5 Micah Jordan (OSU) decision over Andrew Crone (Wisc) 8-2 Ohio State leads 23-12
157 T.J. Ruschell (Wisc) decision over Jake Ryan (OSU) 6-2 Ohio State wins 23-15.

One hour weigh in are a killer for guys cutting a lot

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on January 7, 2017

I'll try to do a full breakdown later, but the Bucks match up very well against Rutgers. I have Rutgers as favorites at 141 and 157, and probably 285 with Snyder out. 165 is a toss up.

Bucks could get bonus at multiple weights and win this one big. Can't wait.

#GoBucks

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 7, 2017

Thanks for the match results. Anyone else see the 125 bout as a head scratcher?

Kyle Klotz added to this discussion on January 7, 2017

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Thanks for the match results. Anyone else see the 125 bout as a head scratcher?"

The score was a little misleading. Jose was leading after 1st. Got caught in cradle on a scramble in the 2nd and faught a pin for well over a minute, was exhausted in third and got turned again. I am not worried about Jose next time they meet.

Kyle Klotz added to this discussion on January 7, 2017

"Thanks for the match results. Anyone else see the 125 bout as a head scratcher?"

The score was a little misleading. Jose was leading after 1st. Was called for locking hands hands and gave up escape, Got caught in cradle on a scramble in the 2nd and fought a pin for well over a minute, was exhausted in third and got turned again. I am not worried about Jose next time they meet.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 7, 2017

After 125 it was 13-12 OSU, and with only 4 matches left I was worried about a possible upset. Nate & Micah were going to win, but 141 & 157 had Wisc as favorites. But Pletcher impressed me with a blue collar workman like performance. Nothing fancy but he is very quick and has those "rubber knees" that can be very useful in fending off a single leg attack, and he seems to have a decent gas tank. Very low center of gravity also. Wish we could have RS him, but oh well...

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 7, 2017

I agree. Kyle described it accurately but if Jose is going to get a good seed he has to win this. I also have seen him slow down in the third without being in a cradle first. He looks like the cut is tough. Jimenez looked good for just being pulled out of his redshirt.

Having been on the wrong side of cradles on several occasions, there are two types: those where you are in danger and struggling and those you wait out because you're giving up backs but there is no real stress because a shoulder or arm is in the way of the pin. Jose's was the latter; most of mine were the former. If I recall they basically waited out the period to end.

Burcher did a great job against Isaac. Tough, tough kid.

Moore had a good win against a tough opponent. Never out of position and always attacking.

Pletcher also had an excellent win. Likes to attack. Handled the much taller wrestler again, which will have to be he case in all his matches.

I thought Jake wrestled better and could have had that match.

Good team road win.

Ben Watson added to this discussion on January 7, 2017

I have to respectfully disagree with your comment about Jake Mr. fox. He beat the same apponent by pin and 8-3 last year. Jake is struggling and it's evident. Right now 157 is a hole in tOSU lineup. Still time left, but if Ryan even qualifies for nationals he is going in unseeded.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next