Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: Bucks vs. Illinois @ Home Sunday 2pm
Brandon Olinger added to this discussion on January 16, 2017

Fun match to attend, nice little crowd for Ohio State. Admittedly I was surprised and bummed to see Ryan and Bo not wrestle. Bo was sitting on the bench in a walking boot (possible ankle sprain?). Don't know what it is or how serious, but I would venture to think it was more precautionary.

JRod is struggling big time. He has now been outscored 24-2 in his last 2 matches. Hitting a wall? Weight cut? Not sure, but I hope they get him back on track soon because he is very much needed come March.

Tomasello looked unstoppable. 5 TD's and Richards didn't come close to scoring.

MyMar also looked fantastic. His double to a body lock to start the match was impressive against a solid opponent.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Bucks vs. Illinois @ Home Sunday 2pm
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 16, 2017

Obviously, there's something wrong with J-Rod. Could be that a combo of knee issue and weight cutting have become overwhelming. If so, it's a shame as he has shown slivers of greatness.

Unfortunately, if J-Rod can't right himself (and I have no way of knowing the exact issues here...I'm just guessing), the Bucks are really at a competitive disadvantage heading into keys duals with Penn State and Iowa....among others.

Loss of J-Rod also likely reduces the Bucks to a six man squad in terms of NCAA tournament scoring although Pletcher, with a current record of 19-2, has potential as well in this regard.

If J-Rod needs a rest, it might behoove the coaches to give him one and try and get him ready to go for the end of season. After all, there are only a handful of teams with any shot to win an NCAA title...and Bucks are one of them.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3