Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks vs. PSU
Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 31, 2017

Whether he wins or loses against Penn State, I am on the Pletcher bandwagon...for a freshman, up a weight, he is proving every match that he belongs on a team this good. The Buckeyes will reap the benefits of having him on the squad for years to come.

The Martin pick is a lot more shaky though...not because he isn't an amazing wrestler, he just has an opponent who is wrestling lights out and (I would assume) has something to prove in this particular bout. I think Nickal won comfortably.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 31, 2017

21-12

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on January 31, 2017

20-16 PSU

Brandon Olinger added to this discussion on February 2, 2017

Preview article that Ben Watson and I worked on with the guys at Bloodround Wrestling for anyone who is interested.

Ben and I did the write up and Bloodround plays the "voice of reason" to our homerism.

As a side note, the 149 and 184 matches were all Ben. He hates Ohio State...... (just kidding Ben)

http://www.bloodround.com/blog/2017/2/2/a52ftixo1ze1k20xmqf040quyidp9v

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on February 3, 2017

I'm driving from Indy to the dual tonight. Is it pretty easy to find parking around the Schott? About how much extra time should I give myself to get there by start time?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 3, 2017

Quote from Mark Cummings's post:

"I'm driving from Indy to the dual tonight. Is it pretty easy to find parking around the Schott? About how much extra time should I give myself to get there by start time?"

Plenty of parking (even if you have to make a little walk or shuttle) around Schott or by Jesse James Track Complex.

min of 30 minutes early if you want to see opening whistle.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on February 3, 2017

Was going to go, but everyone who was going with me has bailed. Not sure I'm up for a 2 hour each way round trip by myself.

My thoughts:
125 - Suriano is just as good as Gilman. If the dual starts at 133, I could see Jose holding it to a major. I'm calling tech.
5-0 PSU

133 - NaTo knows how important each point is, and I think he pushes for a tech.
5-5 Tie

141 - I think Pletcher is gaining confidence every match, and I think the huge home crowd buoys him to a win.
8-5 OSU

149 - I think this match depends on how Zain approaches this match. I think Micah can keep from getting turned, but I don't think he gets out. If Zain is content to ride, I think this match ends up 5-0 with about 4 hours of riding time. If Zain kicks and takes down, unless Micah gets his offense going, I could see him wilting by the third and a major is in play. I think Zain stays safe.
8-8 Tie

157 - Would have been a tech or a pin over Ryan, same with DeCarlo. I think 6.
14-8 PSU

165 - I think Burcher suffered from a combination of things against Iowa, bigger, stronger opponent, huge road crowd, using a lot of effort to keep from being pushed out of bounds, adrenaline dump, etc. I think he controls it better at home. 8-2.
17-8 PSU

174 - I think Hall gets to the legs, Bo hips him down and gets a statemate or gets his own takedown. Eventually, Hall gets frustrated and either goes upper body or gives up. BoJo by decision.
17-11 PSU

184 - Nickal is on fire, and he's out for revenge and going to try and make Martin look bad. I think Nickal makes at least one mistake which Martin capitalizes on, but it won't be enough and Nickal wins by 3-4.
20-11 PSU

So, at this point, there is a chance for a win or a tie. Slim, but a chance.

197 - I think Moore dominates McCutcheon and puts up a major. If OSU needs a pin, he goes for it, but I think he gets 4.
20-15 PSU

285 - Lots of talk about how Nevills can compete and make this a match. Hah. If the match is wrapped up, Snyder by major. If OSU NEEDS it, I think he can push for the tech and the tie.
20-20

I think PSU would win based on the Nolf pin. Obviously lots of things could change here. 141, 174 and 184 are toss ups, and bonus is pretty much on the table for every non-toss up match. Should be fun!

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on February 3, 2017

Pletcher is certainly capable of defeating Gulibon but it appears that Gulibon has started to emerge from the doldrums he was in and has wrestled well his last few matches. Gulibon will be one of the few wrestlers that Pletcher has wrestled that isn't significantly taller than him, so it is an interesting matchup in that regard.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on February 3, 2017

Not a fan of the Schott or a 6PM Friday start. Tough for those traveling.

My youth program from Cincy bought 100 tickets but most are stuck in traffic here at the start.

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on February 3, 2017

No Bo tonight. Instead, Mark Hall will wrestle a 166.8-pound Justin Kresevic.

Ryan Mitchell added to this discussion on February 3, 2017

Too bad. No Bo, no real path to a dual victory. I thought Rodriguez might have kept it to a major there. Health has to come first, but this was a whole lot of build up and promotion for what might turn out to be an ugly team result.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 3, 2017

I'm much happier with Micah Jordan tonight than I was with his effort against Sorenson. He competed. Forget the final score. You can't win if you don't try and tonight he battled.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on February 3, 2017

Disappointing

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on February 3, 2017

Consistently disappointing die hard fans who make the 3 hour track can't help in building the sport. This is WAY to common.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on February 3, 2017

Yeah the kids we brought...not impressed haha.

Butt kicking.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next