Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks @ Hawks Friday
Ben Watson added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Has Ohio State ever won in Carver Hawkeyes Arena?"

Depends on when it was built. tOSU has won in Iowa in over half a century (according to Dan Vest)

Will the buckeyes have their full lineup (minus Snyder) tonight? I'm concerned we will give up a ff at 125. Hopefully Bo goes at 174

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

Quote from Nicholas Sestito's post:

"An amusing tweet by Luke Pletcher I found while browsing InterMat.

https://twitter.com/LukePletcher/status/824430391511674881?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw"

That's great. And coming from a goer like Pletcher it's not posturing. His may be the pivotal match tonight.

Ryan's weekly update on twitter indicates Rodriguez, Nate, Micah, Martin are all wrestling. He said nothing about Bo except he was still hurt last week.

I wouldn't mind seeing this start at 165.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"

Quote from Nicholas Sestito's post:

"An amusing tweet by Luke Pletcher I found while browsing InterMat.

https://twitter.com/LukePletcher/status/824430391511674881?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw"

That's great. And coming from a goer like Pletcher it's not posturing. His may be the pivotal match tonight.

Ryan's weekly update on twitter indicates Rodriguez, Nate, Micah, Martin are all wrestling. He said nothing about Bo except he was still hurt last week.

I wouldn't mind seeing this start at 165."

The probable lineup that OSU has on their wrestling page has Bo listed and no one else and the Lantern had an article about the match and had Bo wrestling. I guess we will find out in 12 hours.

I would love to see the match start at 133 or 141 and give Jose more time to recover. I don't think he wins but could possibly hold it to a MD.

Ben Watson added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"
I would love to see the match start at 133 or 141 and give Jose more time to recover. I don't think he wins but could possibly hold it to a MD."

Holding Gilman to a major is a win in my opinion. tOSU has a real shot at winning this dual and can do it a few different ways. The likes of Pletcher, Burcher, and Fox can play hero. If tOSU can get wins from two of those guys, wins at 133 and 197, it's going to come down to bonus points. That's without a Bo win (which should happen if healthy but no guarantee if not). If tOSU steals an additional one at either 149 or 184, they are in business.

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

Quote from Ben Watson's post:

"

"Has Ohio State ever won in Carver Hawkeyes Arena?"

Depends on when it was built. tOSU has won in Iowa in over half a century (according to Dan Vest)

Will the buckeyes have their full lineup (minus Snyder) tonight? I'm concerned we will give up a ff at 125. Hopefully Bo goes at 174"

No, Ohio State has never won at Carver. Their only win over Iowa since Armstrong landed on the moon was the 2012 dual at St. John when Garcia beat Evans (among other notable matches). Carver was opened on January 3, 1983.

Brandon Olinger added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Very well written. Nice work Brandon and Ben.

I'll take Bo at 174 but Sorenson is a stubborn favorite over Micah in my mind. But...to quote Mike Rodriguez...I'm frequently wrong.

I think Carton is also a small favorite at 141. If I were the Bucks, Pletcher would have spent the week drilling head outside singles to Carton's right side. Gulibon shredded Carton for the last two minutes with that takedown.

Interesting to note that this dual could come down to 285. Josh Fox can take out the Iowa back up and be a hero for wrestling eternity.

Martin v Brooks? Yeesh. Martin has to go up top. Conventional offense is a bad idea against the big boys at this weight. Think Greco MM."

I agree with everything you just said...Give me Bo against Meyer if he wrestles....Sorensen is the favorite over Micah tho Micah does have the tools to beat him....and I'm very much hoping that Fox gets to play the role of the hero.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

Britt: great insight. Next question - since 1983, how many visiting teams can say they won in CHA???

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

"Britt: great insight. Next question - since 1983, how many visiting teams can say they won in CHA???"

Eight. In alphabetical order, Illinois, Iowa State, tTUN, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina State, Oklahoma State, Penn State

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

Quote from Britt Malinsky's post:

"

"Britt: great insight. Next question - since 1983, how many visiting teams can say they won in CHA???"

Eight. In alphabetical order, Illinois, Iowa State, tTUN, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina State, Oklahoma State, Penn State"

#MyGuy

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

Well I figured 11 -6 after 57, pretty close. If the rest goes the way I figured, we'll be ok.

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

You won't win many duals when you go an hour between shot attempts......pathetic

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"Well I figured 11 -6 after 57, pretty close. If the rest goes the way I figured, we'll be ok."

Needless to say, it didn't.

Moore is so fun to watch!

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

Plain and simple Iowa beat us to the punch from neutral and on the mat. However, it was good to see the true freshman come in to an hostile environment and win. It was good to see Bo gut out a win where he was clearly Less than 100 percent. Late in the third Meyer showed great hips fighting off Jordans takedown but the buck wouldn't be denied. He showed he just needs to get health come march. Moore reminds me of a improved version of colt sponseller with his relentless style. Mic and Myles need to improve on the mat come March to have a legitimate Chance to make the finals.

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

I think the environment at Carver Hawkeye tends to suck the energy out of Iowa's opponents. It seemed like some of the Buckeyes were sluggish and low on aggressiveness. I wouldn't worry about it unless it persists as the Big Ten season progresses.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 28, 2017

Not an inspired effort. Kudos to Moore and Pletcher for outstanding work in a tough environment. Bo gave a cautious, workman-like effort to beat a solid opponent. Nate was flat against a well prepared Faux. He probably let down mentally when he learned the Hawks were holding out Clark.

Rest of lineup was varying degrees of bad with Burcher's performance being the most bewildering. He seemed out of gas by the end of the first period.

Bucks as a team seemed askew.

Then again, they might have won if they had Snyder.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next