Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Are We Seeing the Hunter Situation Again?
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 24, 2017

Bo Jordan has two kids, a wife, school, wrestling...and evidently a serious foot issue. He was not wrestling when the season began. Then he wrestled in LEC Open, a few duals and was shut down again. Someone posted that they saw him wearing a boot at last dual.

So, is this Hunter part 2? Has a chronic injury affected a great wrestler to the point where the team can only hope he is able to come back? Is it a good idea to keep a spot for him? Would it be smarter to shut him down and try to get Myles Martin back to 174?

I don't have the information to offer an informed opinion. I am sure that Tom Ryan wants to do everything possible to have his team ready for the NCAA tourney. I am suggesting that the Bucks need to figure out what to do with Bo. With Hunter, he was significantly incapacitated and really not able to perform. But the Bucks kept hoping he'd be able to cope and somehow resemble the wrestler he'd been his first two seasons. In hindsight, it was a bad idea (yes, he chipped in enough points to help them tie for the BT title...that's a nice feel good moment). I hope this isn't a similar situation. But it's starting to feel like it. I am sure Bo is frustrated. It's got to s-ck to be the #1 guy and not be able to take the mat.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Alex Creech added to this discussion on January 24, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Bo Jordan has two kids, a wife, school, wrestling...and evidently a serious foot issue. He was not wrestling when the season began. Then he wrestled in LEC Open, a few duals and was shut down again. Someone posted that they saw him wearing a boot at last dual.

So, is this Hunter part 2? Has a chronic injury affected a great wrestler to the point where the team can only hope he is able to come back? Is it a good idea to keep a spot for him? Would it be smarter to shut him down and try to get Myles Martin back to 174?

I don't have the information to offer an informed opinion. I am sure that Tom Ryan wants to do everything possible to have his team ready for the NCAA tourney. I am suggesting that the Bucks need to figure out what to do with Bo. With Hunter, he was significantly incapacitated and really not able to perform. But the Bucks kept hoping he'd be able to cope and somehow resemble the wrestler he'd been his first two seasons. In hindsight, it was a bad idea (yes, he chipped in enough points to help them tie for the BT title...that's a nice feel good moment). I hope this isn't a similar situation. But it's starting to feel like it. I am sure Bo is frustrated. It's got to s-ck to be the #1 guy and not be able to take the mat."

He could have gone against Maryland if necessary, I would expect him in lineup against Iowa.

John Herren added to this discussion on January 24, 2017

I saw him in the pet store on Lane Ave. about 2 weeks ago. No boot, walking fine as far as I could tell.

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on January 24, 2017

So, I've resisted posting this here, but it's not malicious, so I'm going to do so. This is all pure speculation, but we're fans, so...

Is it possible, assuming Bo graduates this year (he is in academic year 4), does he move on with a year of eligibility sitting? If he wins NCAAs, does this increase his chances of going or staying?

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 24, 2017

I hope he plans on staying. I always thought next year was going to be the "all in" one for a championship, with Nato, Bo & Snyder being seniors and Romero coming in at 165, and Pletcher or Hayes back with more experience. I even thought maybe Hayes goes 149 & Micah 157, leaving Luke at 141?? And I love Myles, Moore & Snyder just where they are but with another year under their belts!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 24, 2017

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"I hope he plans on staying. I always thought next year was going to be the "all in" one for a championship, with Nato, Bo & Snyder being seniors and Romero coming in at 165, and Pletcher or Hayes back with more experience. I even thought maybe Hayes goes 149 & Micah 157, leaving Luke at 141?? And I love Myles, Moore & Snyder just where they are but with another year under their belts!"

And...and...and!!!!! NCAAs in CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps: heard BoJo was in a body cast with just an eye hole (left eye), mouth opening (for the feeding tube), fingers, and toes exposed. True story.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on January 25, 2017

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"I hope he plans on staying. I always thought next year was going to be the "all in" one for a championship, with Nato, Bo & Snyder being seniors and Romero coming in at 165, and Pletcher or Hayes back with more experience. I even thought maybe Hayes goes 149 & Micah 157, leaving Luke at 141?? And I love Myles, Moore & Snyder just where they are but with another year under their belts!"

And...and...and!!!!! NCAAs in CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps: heard BoJo was in a body cast with just an eye hole (left eye), mouth opening (for the feeding tube), fingers, and toes exposed. True story."

He was quoted as saying as long as it's left eye he can see out of he will be ready to go.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 27, 2017

Mike: and he'd probably STILL win some matches!!!!!!

► Add to the Discussion