Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: pluging a book "MUSTANG"
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 13, 2017

i posted on yappi on Alan Fried topic, so im gonna plug Jim's book on here too, its very good.

Originally Posted on YAPPI by djmaple119 View Post
Why doesnt bob preuse and brachman.....tell ohio the truth....its like reading the bible...written by pinnoceo.....

Ah there are few truths, only opinions. Mine is that a survey of veteran observers and ohio coaches right now might well show DAVID TAYLOR is considered the best all-time ohio high schooler, though Fried certainly still on very very short list of top ohio guys.

MY LIST not in order, Taylor, Fried, Tom Milkovich, Logan Stieber, Jim Jordan, Dustin Schlatter, Mike DeAnna, Harry Lester, Greg Wojciechowski, Luke Fickle and Johnny McGhee.

ohio has never had a 4 year undefeated, Tom Milkovich going undefeated in his 3 year stint (one year Jr High) and i can identify EIGHT who had only one loss. Who can list all of them?

****btw former ohioan and writer for Amateur Wrestling News JIM KALIN has recently written an excellent history of the Milkovich dynasty entitled MUSTANG. He is self-published, lives in LA now, u can reach him to order a book at poorgood@juno.com Your welcome to mention my name.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on February 13, 2017

Bob,

Thanks for pointing it out. I just ordered a used copy from the Amazon website.

Bruce

P.S. Having watched a number of great wrestlers from that era, including the Milkovich's, my personal pick for most dominant wrestler was Don Tomko from Medina Highland.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 13, 2017

Bruce, if u like book maybe email Jim, i know he put alot into it. He's former Strongsville wrestler from the 70s.

Tomko good call, he was on Brakemans all-time team too.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on February 13, 2017

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Bruce, if u like book maybe email Jim, i know he put alot into it. He's former Strongsville wrestler from the 70s.

Tomko good call, he was on Brakemans all-time team too."

I realized when I read the blurb for the book that Jim's dad was my coach at Parma. I can't wait for my copy as this was my era of high school wrestling.

Steve Durose added to this discussion on February 14, 2017

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"i posted on yappi on Alan Fried topic, so im gonna plug Jim's book on here too, its very good.

Originally Posted on YAPPI by djmaple119 View Post
Why doesnt bob preuse and brachman.....tell ohio the truth....its like reading the bible...written by pinnoceo.....

Ah there are few truths, only opinions. Mine is that a survey of veteran observers and ohio coaches right now might well show DAVID TAYLOR is considered the best all-time ohio high schooler, though Fried certainly still on very very short list of top ohio guys.

MY LIST not in order, Taylor, Fried, Tom Milkovich, Logan Stieber, Jim Jordan, Dustin Schlatter, Mike DeAnna, Harry Lester, Greg Wojciechowski, Luke Fickle and Johnny McGhee.

ohio has never had a 4 year undefeated, Tom Milkovich going undefeated in his 3 year stint (one year Jr High) and i can identify EIGHT who had only one loss. Who can list all of them?

****btw former ohioan and writer for Amateur Wrestling News JIM KALIN has recently written an excellent history of the Milkovich dynasty entitled MUSTANG. He is self-published, lives in LA now, u can reach him to order a book at poorgood@juno.com Your welcome to mention my name."

I can name 5; C.P. Schlatter, Jim Jordan, B. Jordan, Logan and Chris Phillips. Phillips was the most dominant h.s.wrestler I ever saw. I know that Hunter and Dave Taylor each lost twice in h.s.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on February 14, 2017

Taylor beat Logan and I believe Ruth beat Phillips. Who beat C.P., Jim Jordan and Bo?

Jason Russell added to this discussion on February 14, 2017

Jim Jordan was beaten by Rob Johnson of Watkins Memorial I believe.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 14, 2017

Steve u right, i had Taylor at one loss, my bad, Jamie Clark and Ben Sergent ----so ive got 7 ohio one-losers only. Your 5 are right. Two to go.

C.P. lost to Mike Martin of VA in Beast finals-- Bo lost to Nate Sko of Walsh in Top Gun finals-- Jim Jordan lost to Rob Johnson of Pataskula Watkins.

Steve Durose added to this discussion on February 25, 2017

OK Bob, who are the other two?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 25, 2017

Quote from Steve Durose's post:

"OK Bob, who are the other two?"

jeff jordan 158-1, so 3 Jordans had only one loss each, Wow ! and mark zimmer. who'd they lose to, i don't know, but Dan Fickel gave me their records and he is the guy that knows records, has every record for every kid he put on WR USA mag dream team.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 3, 2017

scanning random threads on yappi, heres answer from RandyLoathsome, from yappi thread, who beat Mark Zimmer?

"If you want to go into the "way back" machine, Bobby Cohen, who was a state champ at 98 in 1976, couldn't get out of the Cleveland District at 105 in 1977 (his Sr. year). Cohen's claim to fame was that he was the only wrestler to beat Mark Zimmer, when he was a junior and Zimmer was a freshmen (I think the Brecksville tourney)." ......now who beat Jeff Jordan?

Steve Durose added to this discussion on March 3, 2017

Craig Dellorso from PA, at Dapper Dan?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 3, 2017

Quote from Steve Durose's post:

"Craig Dellorso from PA, at Dapper Dan?"

that 158-1 i got from Dan Fickel would be ohio hs seasons record, not all star or out of season... someone beat Jeff Jordan in-season.

► Add to the Discussion