Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: B10 Pre-seeds
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 28, 2017

Quote from Matt Mace's post:

"

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"
If Suriano doesn't wrestle then Jose moves from #8 seed and qtr with Gillman to a #7 seed and Lambert in the qtr."

I think Suriano will weigh in and injury default his first match if he doesn't wrestle, so the seeding would not shuffle."

PSU can ask that he not be seeded. Similar to what Minnesota did a few years ago with Dustin S. They knew he was going to FF so they asked that he not be seeded.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/52618-penn-state-125-pounder-nick-suriano-is-a-game-time-decision-for-big-tens#.WLXl_RRrWg8

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Steve Durose added to this discussion on February 28, 2017

So one half of the 184 bracket will have Nickal(NCAA runner-up), Martin(NCAA champion), and Dudley(NCAA runner-up), and the other half will have Brooks, Jackson, and Emery Parker.
Seems legit.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 28, 2017

The guys from The Inside Trip recently released a podcast about this. Check it out.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 28, 2017

Quote from Steve Durose's post:

"So one half of the 184 bracket will have Nickal(NCAA runner-up), Martin(NCAA champion), and Dudley(NCAA runner-up), and the other half will have Brooks, Jackson, and Emery Parker.
Seems legit."

Yeah -- strange seeding. I'm not up on their current seasons. Anybody explain why seeds would be like this?

Matt Mace added to this discussion on March 1, 2017

Well clearly Nickal deserves the #1.
The question is how do you stack the 2-5? Brooks,Jackson, Dudley and Martin.
#2 Brooks has had a great season only losing to Nickal and Jackson.
#3 Jackson is 28-2 with wins over Parker and Gravina, split with Brooks and only other loss to Dudley
#4 Myles has lost mostly close matches to Nickal, Gabe Dean x2, Brooks, Zavatsky and Dechow with quality wins over Dudley,Parker and Gravina
#5 Dudley beating Jackson, Parker and Dechow and lost to Nickal and Myles.

In my opinion it is tough to argue that Brooks and Jackson don't deserve the 2 and 3. Exchanging 4 and 5 is mostly irrelevant.

Last edited by Matt Mace on March 1, 2017; edited 1 time in total

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 1, 2017

"Well clearly Nickal deserves the #1.
#3 Jackson is 28-2 with Parker and Gravina, split with Brooks and only other loss to Dudley
#4 Myles has lost mostly close matches to Nickal, Gabe Dean x2, Brooks, Zavatsky and Dechow with quality wins over Dudley,Parker and Gravina

In my opinion it is tough to argue that Brooks and Jackson don't deserve the 2 and 3. Exchanging 4 and 5 is mostly irrelevant."

Based on this, how can Dudley be below Jackson?

My opinion: Nickel, Brooks, Myles, Dudley, then Jackson. Value their matches against each other much much much higher as this IS a tournament for only B1G teams.

Last edited by Brady Hiatt on March 1, 2017; edited 2 times in total

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 1, 2017

An idea. Tom Ryan talks about making duals valuable by tying into NCAA's individual scoring. I'm not a fan of that.

How about treating "didn't wrestle" in dual as a loss. Obviously not on their record but for seeding purposes. No more - DNW to protect seeds crap.

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on March 1, 2017

I'd seed Jackson below Myles. I know last year is different than this year but Myles handled him 4 times last year.

Coach, is there a way to implement your suggestion while still accounting for wrestlers missing a dual due to substantial injury?

Matt Mace added to this discussion on March 1, 2017

Keep in mind, these are only the pre-seeds. I think these are a result of the coaches votes. There is still some wiggle room/negotiating going on.

Ben Watson added to this discussion on March 1, 2017

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

"Well clearly Nickal deserves the #1.
#3 Jackson is 28-2 with Parker and Gravina, split with Brooks and only other loss to Dudley

In my opinion it is tough to argue that Brooks and Jackson don't deserve the 2 and 3. Exchanging 4 and 5 is mostly irrelevant."

Based on this, how can Dudley be below Jackson?

My opinion: Nickel, Brooks, Myles, Dudley, then Jackson. Value their matches against each other much much much higher as this IS a tournament for only B1G teams."

I think the biggest obstacle to MyMar's seed is his loss to Dechow. The committee really had to split the baby here - MyMar beat Dudley who beat Jackson. But, Jackson beat Brooks and doesn't have as many losses as MyMar.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 1, 2017

Just for giggles I went on PSU form and they have their 165 beating IMAR and all of them have Hall beating Bo. They also described K. Moore style as conservative and think he will buckle under the big lights of the B10 and NCAA.

Ben Watson added to this discussion on March 3, 2017

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"Just for giggles I went on PSU form and they have their 165 beating IMAR and all of them have Hall beating Bo. They also described K. Moore style as conservative and think he will buckle under the big lights of the B10 and NCAA."

I did the same thing (much to the demise of my levelheadedness)

I just can't see Imar losing this year, period. If anyone is going to beat him, I don't think it's Chenzo.

Anyone that calls Moore's style conservative is literally just making things up. He is the opposite to a fault at times - see the two takedowns he gave up against McCutcheon.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2