Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Big Ten Tournament Central
Jared Ball added to this discussion on March 4, 2017

Rodríguez wins by dec, still didn't look that energetic. Bye for Tomasello, Pletch wins by forfeit, Micah by major, and for the love of me I have no idea why Jake Ryan forfeited. On a side note, IMAR and Johnny Sebastian nearly got into a fist fight seven seconds into their match. Never seen that happen that quickly.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on March 4, 2017

I wondered how IMAR got that early point

Brad Proudfoot added to this discussion on March 4, 2017

Martin gets Dudley in the Quarterfinals.

Sean Koran added to this discussion on March 4, 2017

Can anyone watching comment on NATO's match with Delvechio? Way closer than expected (I know he had lots of RT).

Down goes Gullibon

Quote from Sean Koran's post:

"Can anyone watching comment on NATO's match with Delvechio? Way closer than expected (I know he had lots of RT)."

Delvechio tied his hands up the whole first period, fans screaming for stalling.

Holy crap was that guy ready for Bo!

Sean Koran added to this discussion on March 4, 2017

I'm just following on Track - can anyone describe the Bo match? After watching him fight off Realbutto so many times two weeks ago it's hard to imagine this guy from IU I've never heard of taking him down multiple times. Way to fight back, though!

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 4, 2017

I like this commentary as the matches unfolded:

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/52818-conference-weekend-hub-updates#.WLsG01XyvIX

Quote from Sean Koran's post:

"I'm just following on Track - can anyone describe the Bo match? After watching him fight off Realbutto so many times two weeks ago it's hard to imagine this guy from IU I've never heard of taking him down multiple times. Way to fight back, though!"

Looked like that guy had been waiting for that match for weeks. Had an answer for everything until Bo wore him down in the 3rd.

Man, lot of tough semis tonight!

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 4, 2017

Jake Ryan forfeits his opening match with Murphy, but wrestles and pins his guy in the first cons. match?? Interesting strategy.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on March 4, 2017

All guys still alive and kicking with 7 in the semis and three in wrestle backs.

Rodríguez looked more competitive against Gilman until he got caught on his back. I like his chances of getting through tonight.

Tomasello did not look NATO like. I wondering if he is sick or something. He even got called for stalling at the end of the third. Concerning moving into tonight.

Pletch looked solid again against McCrystal. Tough one tonight. He needs to keep the match on his feet and avoid going underneath like the plague.

Micah gave a workman like performance in the first session. Looks primed for a rematch with Sorenson, who also turned in a solid morning.

Jake forfeits against Murphy, who went out and handed Berger a loss, then comes out like gang busters and throttles his opponent. I'll concede that he was an overmatch for the kid, but I hope he keeps it up in his second match. Forfeiting and giving him the extra couple of hours to regroup after the weigh-in may just work out against the Illinois kid. Heres to hoping.

Butcher was unimpressive his first match out, but then opened up against a lesser opponent in the wrestle back. Again, heres to hoping.

Bo did not look good. He still does not penetrate with his shots, no power behind them. Most of the takedowns he gave up were off of his shots and he was out of position. He piled it on at the end, but he needs to really open up if he's going to walk away with the title this weekend.

Myles looked great. He is clearly, in my mind, technically so much more sound then T.J. Dudley. let's see if he can pull out some of that finals magic from last year tonight. He seems to be the only one, outside of Dean, who has any kind of strategy to wrestle Bo.

Killin and Kyle both crushed it.

On a side note. I thought PSU looked a little sluggish in some of their matches. Nolf looked a little sloppy, and Bo didn't crush his opponent quite like I thought he would. Nevilles was also not in control of his match. Yet.... the still all manage to get falls. Hard to keep up with a team like that.

Jason Fair added to this discussion on March 4, 2017

Huge win for Burcher! Bucks will be in the lead heading into Semi finals.

Quote from Jason Fair's post:

"Huge win for Burcher! Bucks will be in the lead heading into Semi finals."

Yep, Burcher did a nice job!

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next