Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Congratulations to Big Ten Freshman, and TOM's Wrestler of the Week - Kollin Moore
Pat Altvater added to this discussion on March 6, 2017

Kollin has quietly been having a superb freshman season. It is nice to see him getting some well deserved accolades!

http://news.theopenmat.com/college-wrestling-news/toms-college-wrestler-week-mar-6th-2017/62181

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Congratulations to Big Ten Freshman, and TOM's Wrestler of the Week - Kollin Moore
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 6, 2017

Well deserved. While we're at it, let's acknowledge Pletcher and J-Rod. J-Rod has had ups and downs but he's been wrestling all year on a bad knee while making a huge cut. That's a brutal way to spend several months. And his spectacular pin for 7th earned him a spot in the NCAA tourney.

When Hayes got hurt, Pletcher saved the day. He moved up a weight as a true frosh in the Big Ten and went 6-2 in conference duals (according to Bucks website...I actually think he went 5-3...losses to Minny, Rutgers and PSU) including a win in Iowa City. He really stabilized the weight class and his points at Big Ten tourney were roughly the difference between Ohio State and PSU. Pletcher was a real stud in high school but not as heavily recruited as you might expect given his accomplishments. For him to have performed this well as a true frosh yanked off redshirt is a testament to him.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on March 6, 2017

Super impressed with his performance. His offense is so special for a freshman. These guys are rewriting how things are done and accomplished. His ability to attack and score lots of points is second to no one as a freshman that I have ever seen in the history of the NCAA. He took Pfarr down in the first 20 seconds like it was nothing. His gas tank is deep and I was equally impressed with the way he wrestled with a lead. He let Pfarr attempt a shot at the end and spun. Savvy wrestling.

Kudos to Kollin Moore.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 6, 2017

**(i meant 2015 not 2016)----utterancess from the grave Fall 2015:

Discussion Topic: Where-O, where-o is our old friend Dano?
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 26, 2015

ok then, ohio st coaches gonna have to prove how well they can size up a kid and bring him along (like perhaps Kollin Moore whom i am anxious to see). ---Ohio did have 11 AAs & 8 were not from Ohio st U

Must get a kid who has the focus, work ethic, and toughness to move up his stature in college. Who has skills that translate into college success??

Last edited by Bob Preusse on March 7, 2017; edited 1 time in total

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 6, 2017

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"utterancess from the grave Fall 2016:

Discussion Topic: Where-O, where-o is our old friend Dano?
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 26, 2015

ok then, ohio st coaches gonna have to prove how well they can size up a kid and bring him along (like perhaps Kollin Moore whom i am anxious to see). ---Ohio did have 11 AAs & 8 were not from Ohio st U

Must get a kid who has the focus, work ethic, and toughness to move up his stature in college. Who has skills that translate into college success??"

Bob: Why do I hear Vincent Price's voice when I read your post?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 6, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

" Bob: Why do I hear Vincent Price's voice when I read your post?"

lol, or Bella Lagosi

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 6, 2017

If anyone wants to see what Kollin Moore is all about, watch the last minute of the Jaden Cox match...

► Add to the Discussion