Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Discussion Topic: 2017-18 Bucks
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on March 12, 2017

Yes I do. I do not expect a redshirt and believe he will be able to contend right away. I do not even think it will be that close between him and Burcher. Isaiah white did win the d2 championship but I feel that Romero has the higher ceiling.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Cory Surles added to this discussion on March 12, 2017

Got some great inside info last night from a very very reliable source that Te-shun Campbell is more than likely transferring in next year. That's shocked me!! Another semi shocker is the Buckeyes are still actively recruiting Rocky Jordan with Mattox in the fold plus they still want Carr and Sasso. Kind of a log jam around the same weights and class but I think you take them all if you can get them all.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 12, 2017

Quote from Cory Surles's post:

"Got some great inside info last night from a very very reliable source that Te-shun Campbell is more than likely transferring in next year. That's shocked me!! Another semi shocker is the Buckeyes are still actively recruiting Rocky Jordan with Mattox in the fold plus they still want Carr and Sasso. Kind of a log jam around the same weights and class but I think you take them all if you can get them all."

First come first served. Bucks recruit them all and wait to see who commits first. No bad choices in that bunch.

Campbell would fill an immediate need and allow the Bucks to redshirt Romero. Romero looks to me like a guy who could easily grow into a 184. I think shrinking him for a year is unnecessary esp. if Campbell is in the fold. Campbell gives you two years at 165 and presumably allows Burcher to drop to 157 and challenge Ryan.

I am excited to see Romero in college. The only consideration with him is that he hasn't done a lot of competing against upper echelon high school wrestlers from around the country. But as far as the "eye ball" test goes....he doesn't just pass. He pulls your eyeballs out of your head and stretches them half a mile. What a stud.
It's impossible not to watch him and wonder how good he can be. I really think he's an ideal candidate to redshirt and acclimate to D1 while Bo finishes his senior season.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on March 12, 2017

"Got some great inside info last night from a very very reliable source that Te-shun Campbell is more than likely transferring in next year. That's shocked me!! Another semi shocker is the Buckeyes are still actively recruiting Rocky Jordan with Mattox in the fold plus they still want Carr and Sasso. Kind of a log jam around the same weights and class but I think you take them all if you can get them all."

Watch Sasso in the PIAA final - he's real aggressive on his feet and a terrific scrambler. Would love to see him in S&G.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 12, 2017

I would think no Isaiah White then?

Cory Surles added to this discussion on March 12, 2017

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"

I would think no Isaiah White then?"

As would I!!! That's another part of the shocker! Should be interesting to see how it plays out!! I'm guessing Carr and Sasso is priortity 1A and B. Gable Steveson posted on twitter he was announcing soon but I would think he's not coming with Singletary signed. My source didn't mention him either so it seems the focus is the middle of the line up going forward.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on March 12, 2017

I'm seeing a trend here of overloading across the board in every weight and getting every blue chipper you can get. Anthony Ralph affect?

Also, would Pitt release Campbell for immediate eligibility?

William Danforth added to this discussion on March 12, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

I am excited to see Romero in college. The only consideration with him is that he hasn't done a lot of competing against upper echelon high school wrestlers from around the country. But as far as the "eye ball" test goes....he doesn't just pass. He pulls your eyeballs out of your head and stretches them half a mile. What a stud.
It's impossible not to watch him and wonder how good he can be. I really think he's an ideal candidate to redshirt and acclimate to D1 while Bo finishes his senior season."

Hank you obviously do not follow the off-season folkstyle circuit. Kaleb wrestled at the NWCA Scholastic Duals the previous three years. This event is made up of mostly state champs from the power states. It takes place at Wabash college in April. Have not seen him lose in the last two years.

He has also gone undefeated at Disney Duals in June. He has beaten everyone Young Guns and company has throw at him.

Tremendous young man who takes time at these National events to support the other Ohio teams and wrestlers. Hope you saw him lead the Schott in O-H I-O Saturday night. Expected great things at Ohio State.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 12, 2017

William: Standing corrected.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 12, 2017

Quote from William Danforth's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

It's impossible not to watch him and wonder how good he can be. I really think he's an ideal candidate to redshirt and acclimate to D1 while Bo finishes his senior season."

Hank you obviously do not follow the off-season folkstyle circuit. Kaleb wrestled at the NWCA Scholastic Duals the previous three years. This event is made up of mostly state champs from the power states. It takes place at Wabash college in April. Have not seen him lose in the last two years

He has also gone undefeated at Disney Duals in June. He has beaten everyone Young Guns and company has throw at him.

Tremendous young man who takes time at these National events to support the other Ohio teams and wrestlers. Hope you saw him lead the Schott in O-H I-O Saturday night. Expected great things at Ohio State."

William: I can't wait to see how he does at TOSU and Dapper Dan. I noted 3 losses. Who were they to if you know?

William Danforth added to this discussion on March 12, 2017

This event is does not allow seniors. Have seen some phenomenal 8th and 9th graders over the years (Mark Hall, Gable Steveson) Gabe as a 7th or 8th grader tech falled my State placer in the first period a few years ago.

New name for 2017 NWCA/USAW National High School Folkstyle Duals

Multiple Buckeye recruits were on the Ohio Mafia team.

Last years NWCA Scholastic Duals Results
Pool C - Ohio Mafia is guaranteed 1st place
Match #1 Round 1: Ohio Mafia defeated Indiana Renegades Central,IN 48-9
106 - Jordan Crace (Ohio Mafia) over Lukasz Walendzak (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) TF 16-0
113 - Jordan Decatur (Ohio Mafia) over Jordan Slivka (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) Maj 18-7
120 - Alex Rhine (Ohio Mafia) over Adam Jerde (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) Dec 8-3
126 - Mitch Moore (Ohio Mafia) over Noah Robinson (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) TF 16-1
132 - Connor Brady (Ohio Mafia) over Dheontae Unseld (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) Fall 0:40
138 - Tanner Smith (Ohio Mafia) over Tristan Sellmer (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) Maj 9-1
145 - Jaden Mattox (Ohio Mafia) over Jack Eiteljorge (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) Dec 7-3
152 - Georgio Poullas (Ohio Mafia) over Sam Buck (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) Fall 2:40
160 - Kaleb Romero (Ohio Mafia) over Alston Bane (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) Dec 7-2
170 - Aaron Huff (Ohio Mafia) over Liam Jagow (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) Dec 10-5
182 - JT Brown (Ohio Mafia) over Drew Williamson (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) Dec 5-0
195 - Austin Evans (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) over Kieler Foster (Ohio Mafia) Fall 2:56
220 - Johnny Shafer (Ohio Mafia) over Jacob McClaine (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) Dec 9-2
285 - Austin Dollens (Indiana Renegades Central,IN) over Benito Guerrero (Ohio Mafia) Dec 3-0

Match #2 Round 3: Ohio Mafia defeated Illinois Inferno 38-16
120 - Josh Stenger (Illinois Inferno) over Alex Rhine (Ohio Mafia) SV-1 8-4
126 - Mitch Moore (Ohio Mafia) over Zach Villarreal (Illinois Inferno) Dec 3-0
132 - Connor Brady (Ohio Mafia) over Nolan Baker (Illinois Inferno) Dec 7-4
138 - Tanner Smith (Ohio Mafia) over Lenny Petersen (Illinois Inferno) Maj 11-3
145 - Jake Marsh (Ohio Mafia) over Brad Gross (Illinois Inferno) Dec 10-3
152 - Georgio Poullas (Ohio Mafia) over Josh Barzowski (Illinois Inferno) Fall 2:32
160 - Kaleb Romero (Ohio Mafia) over Devin Donovan (Illinois Inferno) Maj 11-3
170 - Aaron Huff (Ohio Mafia) over Michial Foy (Illinois Inferno) Dec 8-6
182 - JT Brown (Ohio Mafia) over Mason Kroening (Illinois Inferno) Dec 5-0
195 - Sergio Villalobos (Illinois Inferno) over Kieler Foster (Ohio Mafia) Fall 3:33
220 - Jake Dudeck (Illinois Inferno) over Johnny Shafer (Ohio Mafia) Dec 9-5
285 - Niko Ivanisevic (Illinois Inferno) over Benito Guerrero (Ohio Mafia) Maj 14-4
106 - Jordan Crace (Ohio Mafia) over Domenic Zaccone (Illinois Inferno) Dec 9-2
113 - Jordan Decatur (Ohio Mafia) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf

Gold Pool - Ohio Mafia is guaranteed 2nd place
Match #1 Round 1: Ohio Mafia defeated Colorado 40-26
126 - Mitch Moore (Ohio Mafia) over Grant Willits (Colorado) Fall 0:13
132 - Connor Brady (Ohio Mafia) over Justin Davis (Colorado) Dec 10-6
138 - Tanner Smith (Ohio Mafia) over Aaron Trujillo (Colorado) Maj 13-1
145 - Jaden Mattox (Ohio Mafia) over Gabe Dinette (Colorado) Dec 6-5
152 - Hunter Willits (Colorado) over Georgio Poullas (Ohio Mafia) Dec 9-4
160 - Kaleb Romero (Ohio Mafia) over Drake Engelking (Colorado) Fall 3:14
170 - Aaron Huff (Ohio Mafia) over Kolsen Welham (Colorado) Dec 9-4
182 - JT Brown (Ohio Mafia) over Dante Garcia (Colorado) Fall 5:28
195 - Trenton Schultz (Colorado) over Kieler Foster (Ohio Mafia) Fall 2:50
220 - Cohlton Schultz (Colorado) over Johnny Shafer (Ohio Mafia) TF 20-5
285 - Keith Dunagan (Colorado) over Benito Guerrero (Ohio Mafia) Fall 0:39
106 - Jordan Crace (Ohio Mafia) over Andrew Lucero (Colorado) Dec 5-3
113 - Jordan Decatur (Ohio Mafia) over Louie Romero (Colorado) Fall 5:08
120 - Jody Sandoval (Colorado) over Alex Rhine (Ohio Mafia) Fall 1:24

Match #2 Round 2: Ohio Mafia defeated Indiana Gold 33-19
132 - Connor Brady (Ohio Mafia) over Jack Tolin (Indiana Gold) Maj 13-4
138 - Tanner Smith (Ohio Mafia) over Riley Rasler (Indiana Gold) Maj 13-3
145 - Jake Marsh (Ohio Mafia) over Kasper McIntosh (Indiana Gold) Dec 4-2
152 - Georgio Poullas (Ohio Mafia) over Jacob Clark (Indiana Gold) Dec 5-0
160 - Kaleb Romero (Ohio Mafia) over Burk Van Horn (Indiana Gold) Dec 7-1
170 - Thomas Dull (Indiana Gold) over Aaron Huff (Ohio Mafia) Fall 5:05
182 - JT Brown (Ohio Mafia) over David Eli (Indiana Gold) Dec 9-5
195 - Andrew Davison (Indiana Gold) over Kieler Foster (Ohio Mafia) Maj 18-8
220 - Mason Parris (Indiana Gold) over Johnny Shafer (Ohio Mafia) Fall 4:44
285 - Robert Samuels (Indiana Gold) over Benito Guerrero (Ohio Mafia) Dec 4-2
106 - Jordan Crace (Ohio Mafia) over Asa Garcia (Indiana Gold) Dec 9-3
113 - Jordan Decatur (Ohio Mafia) over Colton Cummings (Indiana Gold) Maj 18-8
120 - Alex Rhine (Ohio Mafia) over Graham Rooks (Indiana Gold) Dec 10-4
126 - Mitch Moore (Ohio Mafia) over Breyden Bailey (Indiana Gold) Dec 4-1

Match #3 Round 3: Ohio Mafia defeated Indiana Blue 48-17
138 - Tanner Smith (Ohio Mafia) over Colt Rutter (Indiana Blue) Maj 9-1
145 - Jaden Mattox (Ohio Mafia) over Kenny Kerrn (Indiana Blue) Fall 2:48
152 - Jake Marsh (Ohio Mafia) over Diego Lemley (Indiana Blue) Maj 11-3
160 - Kaleb Romero (Ohio Mafia) over Gleason Mappes (Indiana Blue) Dec 13-6
170 - Tanner Webster (Indiana Blue) over Aaron Huff (Ohio Mafia) Dec 9-2
182 - JT Brown (Ohio Mafia) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
195 - Lucas Davison (Indiana Blue) over Kieler Foster (Ohio Mafia) TF 16-1
220 - Gunnar Larson (Indiana Blue) over Johnny Shafer (Ohio Mafia) Dec 8-5
285 - Isaiah McWilliams (Indiana Blue) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
106 - Jordan Crace (Ohio Mafia) over Kory Cavanaugh (Indiana Blue) Maj 9-0
113 - Jordan Decatur (Ohio Mafia) over Christian Meija (Indiana Blue) Fall 0:57
120 - Alex Rhine (Ohio Mafia) over Ethan Smiley (Indiana Blue) Dec 9-7
126 - Mitch Moore (Ohio Mafia) over Michael DeLePena (Indiana Blue) Fall 3:33
132 - Connor Brady (Ohio Mafia) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf

Match #4 Round 4: Illinois Outsiders defeated Ohio Mafia 34-16
145 - Austin O`Connor (Illinois Outsiders) over Jaden Mattox (Ohio Mafia) Dec 9-5
152 - Georgio Poullas (Ohio Mafia) over Dylan Geick (Illinois Outsiders) Dec 9-6
160 - Kaleb Romero (Ohio Mafia) over Nate Jimenez (Illinois Outsiders) Dec 8-3
170 - Jack Jessen (Illinois Outsiders) over Aaron Huff (Ohio Mafia) Fall 0:38
182 - Pat Brucki (Illinois Outsiders) over JT Brown (Ohio Mafia) Dec 6-1
195 - Cole Bateman (Illinois Outsiders) over Kieler Foster (Ohio Mafia) Maj 18-6
220 - Diata Drayton (Illinois Outsiders) over Johnny Shafer (Ohio Mafia) Dec 9-5
285 - Wes Kramer (Illinois Outsiders) over Benito Guerrero (Ohio Mafia) Fall 0:17
106 - Jordan Crace (Ohio Mafia) over Travis Ford-Melton (Illinois Outsiders) SV-1 3-1
113 - Jordan Decatur (Ohio Mafia) over Charles Faber (Illinois Outsiders) Maj 10-2
120 - Michael McGee (Illinois Outsiders) over Alex Rhine (Ohio Mafia) Dec 13-11
126 - Mitch Moore (Ohio Mafia) over Carlos Champagne (Illinois Outsiders) Dec 4-2
132 - Will Lewan (Illinois Outsiders) over Connor Brady (Ohio Mafia) UTB 3-2
138 - Jimmy McAuliffe (Illinois Outsiders) over Tanner Smith (Ohio Mafia) Dec 8-6

Match #5 Round 5: Ohio Mafia defeated Indiana Gorillas 41-18
152 - Georgio Poullas (Ohio Mafia) over Noah Warren (Indiana Gorillas) Dec 8-2
160 - Kaleb Romero (Ohio Mafia) over Jake Ruberg (Indiana Gorillas) Maj 19-6
170 - Aaron Huff (Ohio Mafia) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
182 - Nathan Walton (Indiana Gorillas) over JT Brown (Ohio Mafia) Dec 7-3
195 - Isaac McCormick (Indiana Gorillas) over Kieler Foster (Ohio Mafia) Dec 14-7
220 - Evan Ellis (Indiana Gorillas) over Johnny Shafer (Ohio Mafia) Dec 5-0
285 - Jessie Lawson (Indiana Gorillas) over Benito Guerrero (Ohio Mafia) Fall 4:50
106 - Jordan Crace (Ohio Mafia) over Brayden Curtis (Indiana Gorillas) Dec 5-1
113 - Jordan Decatur (Ohio Mafia) over Tylor Triana (Indiana Gorillas) Maj 17-7
120 - Blake Mulkey (Indiana Gorillas) over Alex Rhine (Ohio Mafia) Dec 5-3
126 - Mitch Moore (Ohio Mafia) over Christian Hunt (Indiana Gorillas) Fall 0:19
132 - Connor Brady (Ohio Mafia) over Brendan Black (Indiana Gorillas) Dec 7-6
138 - Tanner Smith (Ohio Mafia) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf
145 - Jake Marsh (Ohio Mafia) over Joel Arney (Indiana Gorillas) Fall 2:24

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 12, 2017

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"William: I can't wait to see how he does at TOSU and Dapper Dan. I noted 3 losses. Who were they to if you know?"

As a Fr., he lost to Sr. Sean Fausz of KY who was a NC last year, I think for NC St(?).
As a So, he wrestled in Ironman, against advice of many because he'd have less than three weeks in practice following playoff football, and went 2-2 losing by 1 to current Sun Devil Josh Maurca (PA) and then lost 4-2 to Kaminski after giving up two penalty points due to cautions.

Probably most notable win over national kid was last summer he beat Kaleb Young 6-5 at Disney. He was leading 5-3 (2td's 1 escape vs 3 escapes) before giving up to with 40 seconds left in match then. Earning an escape to win. It was first TD given up since Ironman as So to the Sr Maurca.

Probably best take on him is what Nate Carr said about him as a So (when David Carr was at Dayton Christian - same division / district as Mechanicsburg -- he said, kid is so tough because he never gets out of position. And he's gotten bigger, faster, stronger and more aggressive since then. He is, as Hank says, eyepopping. I had "joy" of feeling his heavy hands on regular basis. I won't miss that.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 13, 2017

I would assume he is leaving because they fired their coach mid-season.

Who would rather have White or Campbell?

Cory Surles added to this discussion on March 13, 2017

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"I'm seeing a trend here of overloading across the board in every weight and getting every blue chipper you can get. Anthony Ralph affect?

Also, would Pitt release Campbell for immediate eligibility?"

Sounded like he would be available immediately but I'm not sure how either???

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 13, 2017

Pitt is an ACC school and their coach was fired. If he was/is granted an unconditional release, Campbell comes to Columbus with two years of eligibility.

We need to be careful about what we report. Campbell is currently enrolled at Pitt and just won ACC's while competing for the Panthers. Until he is no longer enrolled there, let's call it a rumor...not fact.

Personally, I'd rather have Isaiah White based on raw talent but Campbell is more of a proven commodity at the D1 level. White did just steamroll his way to a D2 NCAA title. He is very good. No bad choices here.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next