Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Discussion Topic: 2017-18 Bucks
Roe Fox added to this discussion on May 6, 2017

I doubt he gets torqued up about our little forum but I don't see anyone taking shots at Nate. I see a healthy discussion about the pros and cons of where he should wrestle.

He bears zero responsibility to fix this issue. The coach does. If I'm Mead I've already texted TR to let him know 125 is taken care of.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Roe Fox added to this discussion on May 6, 2017

I doubt he gets torqued up about our little forum but I don't see anyone taking shots at Nate. I see a healthy discussion about the pros and cons of where he should wrestle.

He bears zero responsibility to fix this issue. The coach does. If I'm Mead I've already texted TR to let him know 125 is taken care of.

Kevin Mount added to this discussion on May 6, 2017

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"If I'm Mead I've already texted TR to let him know 125 is taken care of."

Love this and hope that all recruits have this attitude. Despite the fact he is likely to be small.

Liam Bateman added to this discussion on May 6, 2017

NATO does not have to wrestle a whole season to wrestle 125 for us next year. Everyone keeps talking about a four month grind. It is obvious by his performance at the U.S. Open that he's going to be very successful on the freestyle level and may want to start competing overseas immediately. He can do the same thing Snyder does; we suit him up for Las Vegas, two dual meets and big tens. In the meantime he can be training with the team and the boys at the RTC, I mean, it's doubtful that Logan can give him the competition that he'll be missing in a college wrestling season but, oh well.
Eight matches boys, that's all you have to have to be allocated. Let's everybody take a deep breath here.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on May 6, 2017

Quote from Liam Bateman's post:

" Eight matches boys, that's all you have to have to be allocated. "

Is that the min # of matches you must compete at your "post season" weight in order to be eligible for that weight? If not, then it's possible to go 125 for only B1G and Nat's.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on May 6, 2017

Nate dropping to 125 just for Big 10's and NCAA means Pletcher would sit all year then wrestle 133? That wouldn't make sense.
If Nate goes 133 then for Ohio State to have even a punchers shot at the title Pletcher would have to go 141, Hayes 149, and Micah 157.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 6, 2017

Quote from Joe Kinzel's post:

"Nate dropping to 125 just for Big 10's and NCAA means Pletcher would sit all year then wrestle 133? That wouldn't make sense.
If Nate goes 133 then for Ohio State to have even a punchers shot at the title Pletcher would have to go 141, Hayes 149, and Micah 157."

I think the idea was for Nate to wrestle less matches--period. Just like Snyder. Pletcher could go 133 for most of the season and NCAAs while Nate and Snyder transition to full time freestyle.

Speaking of Snyder...who's going to go heavy next year when Snyder isn't wrestling?

Matt Mace added to this discussion on May 6, 2017

Kevin Snyder?

Liam Bateman added to this discussion on May 7, 2017

nato
Pletcher
Keshawn
Micky
Campbell
Racer
Mymar
Kollin
Zeus
Nate wrestles the minimum matches so he doesn't have to suck down for 5 months. I'm sure he wants to hit some freestyle tourneys next year after making the world team in June, which he will. Which means he will be cutting to 57kg. While everyone is feeling for nates weight cut they are remitting that he, by choice, not the evil doings of TR, is cutting for freestyle.

Liam Bateman added to this discussion on May 7, 2017

And bo at 174, of course

Brandon Olinger added to this discussion on May 7, 2017

Quote from Kyle Klotz's post:

"

Quote from Brandon Olinger's post:

"

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"

"

"

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"133 is Tomesello's best weight.
"

If 133 is his best weight, then why did he wrestle 126 at the US Open instead of 134?

That said, I think Nate should be able to wrestle whatever weight he wants."

Well for one, night before weigh ins with 24+ hours to recover is a lot different than hour before weigh ins."

That doesn't make any sense to me, if 133 is my best weight, I wrestle 133. Why would I drop down a weight that I'm not as good at?"

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not, for the sake of conversation I will assume you are being serious.

When you have day before weigh in with 24+ plus hours to recover you can cut a lot more weight because you don't have to step on the mat depleted. You have a long recovery period that allows you to hydrate and refuel slowly. By the time you do step on the mat someone like Tomasello will be closer to 140 than 125.

Weight cutting isn't regulated on the Sr. level like it is at the collegiate level. You can use things such as IV's to re-hydrate which make a world of difference.

How do you think guys like Kendrick Maple and Josh Kindig competed at 61kg at the Open? These guys wrestled 149 their senior collegiate seasons."

Not sure if you know, but weigh in rules on the sr. level have changed, no more day before weigh ins."

Yes, very much aware of that. But, and please correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't begin until next year - 2018, when they are also adding extra weights. I was under the impression that we were talking about his wrestling at 125 for the recent US Open and the upcoming WTT.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on May 8, 2017

Quote from Kyle Klotz's post:

"

"

"

"

"

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"133 is Tomesello's best weight.
"

If 133 is his best weight, then why did he wrestle 126 at the US Open instead of 134?

That said, I think Nate should be able to wrestle whatever weight he wants."

Well for one, night before weigh ins with 24+ hours to recover is a lot different than hour before weigh ins."

That doesn't make any sense to me, if 133 is my best weight, I wrestle 133. Why would I drop down a weight that I'm not as good at?"

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not, for the sake of conversation I will assume you are being serious.

When you have day before weigh in with 24+ plus hours to recover you can cut a lot more weight because you don't have to step on the mat depleted. You have a long recovery period that allows you to hydrate and refuel slowly. By the time you do step on the mat someone like Tomasello will be closer to 140 than 125.

Weight cutting isn't regulated on the Sr. level like it is at the collegiate level. You can use things such as IV's to re-hydrate which make a world of difference.

How do you think guys like Kendrick Maple and Josh Kindig competed at 61kg at the Open? These guys wrestled 149 their senior collegiate seasons."

Not sure if you know, but weigh in rules on the sr. level have changed, no more day before weigh ins."

Kyle, the rule change won't take effect until next year. They are trying it out for the first time at the Cadet Worlds this fall. The schedule for this year's US Open showed weigh-ins the night before.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on May 8, 2017

http://news.theopenmat.com/college-wrestling-news/weight-changes-planning-future-lineups/62742

According to the article Nate is staying at 133 and Pletcher will RS.

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on May 8, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ez5Y9LZc8Q

(Pletcher 133 National Champ 2019)

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on May 8, 2017

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"http://news.theopenmat.com/college-wrestling-news/weight-changes-planning-future-lineups/62742

According to the article Nate is staying at 133 and Pletcher will RS."

Who am I to question Coach Ryan but this sort of bums me out. Looks like our chances of catching Penn State just got a lot slimmer.

Here's a question regarding this past year and 285; why didn't we see Tav?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next