Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Discussion Topic: NCAA thread
Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

I still think next year we can go toe-to-toe with PSU at 133, 141, 174, 184, 197 & 285. But we are no where close at 125, 149, 157 & 165. The bonus points are killers. I find it ironic Myles beats Bo, Bo pins Brooks, and Brooks beats Myles. They all have each others numbers. I still think Bo Jordan isn't 100%. I look at his videos from 2 years ago and see a more aggressive imposing Bo, not one who seems to be saving his shots for the end of the match.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"

Quote from Sean Koran's post:

"Maybe it's just the fan in me...but I feel like Bo got robbed there. I think he definitely had the take down in the 2nd. And Hall DEFINITELY should have got dinged for stalling in the 3rd. Really tough way to lose."

They showed on the replay where Bo appeared to have broken Hall's grip and he was on top of him, but Bo needed to leave no doubt. He had his chance in that exchange."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1492014104144238&set=p.1492014104144238&type=3&theater

This is two. Missed call originally because ref is on the wrong side. Missed call on review because, well, not sure.

Matt Schein added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

I love Bo Jordan. Tough loss last night. He is clearly not 100% with Bo continuing to have problems with his foot, at this point is it something that can be fixed, or it is something he will just have to deal with. I know there was a news article saying it was a tumor but is it inoperable? Regardless heal up Bo and we'll see you next year

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

Bo Jordan appeared to have two points according to criteria as I understand them. Since control is not necessary for any appreciable amount of time, I have a very hard time understanding how that was not a 2 and 2 exchange. I'd love an explanation from the officials.

I do think there is a problem with the referee reviewing his own work via replay. There needs to be a matside review official.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Bo Jordan appeared to have two points according to criteria as I understand them. Since control is not necessary for any appreciable amount of time, I have a very hard time understanding how that was not a 2 and 2 exchange. I'd love an explanation from the officials.

I do think there is a problem with the referee reviewing his own work via replay. There needs to be a matside review official."

Don't want to beat this subject to death, because it is what it is..but had the ref even warned Hall for stalling in the 3rd with any appreciable time left, he couldn't have spent that time going backwards like he did.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Bo Jordan appeared to have two points according to criteria as I understand them. Since control is not necessary for any appreciable amount of time, I have a very hard time understanding how that was not a 2 and 2 exchange. I'd love an explanation from the officials.

I do think there is a problem with the referee reviewing his own work via replay. There needs to be a matside review official."

Don't want to beat this subject to death, because it is what it is..but had the ref even warned Hall for stalling in the 3rd with any appreciable time left, he couldn't have spent that time going backwards like he did."

The ref did warn him with about 50 seconds left, right? He just didn't follow up with another stall call (which would have been warranted in my own biased opinion).

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

Maybe he was just about to call him when he took a great shot and powered through for another takedown???

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

Bo has lost 5x in college to the following guys.

1-Deringer 4x AA and 3x Champ
2-2x to Cousin and 4x AA
3-Brian Realbuto-3x AA
4-Hall 1x National Champ

That is pretty impressive.

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Maybe he was just about to call him when he took a great shot and powered through for another takedown???"

He only had one TD until the very end.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

RE Reviews...not sure I want an official making that call either.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

J.P....that's what makes it "another" takedown.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

Yes, but if the ref calls the second stall when he should have and it's tied instead of Bo down 1,then Bo isn't in bad position and Hall doesn't get that TD.

Hall's last TD can't be taken out of context, Boo was pressing because he was losing.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

I sat and watched the match as all of you did.
When the stall call was made on Hall with maybe 40 seconds or so to go, I said to the GF that I couldn't imagine the official making another call to send it into OT.
Turns out that I was right. Darn!!
I agree with the thought that pressing hard in the last 30 seconds should not constitute stalling on the other wrestlers part but at some point a decision has to be made.
As I always say, to not decide is to decide. IOW, you didn't make a call BUT you did affect the match.

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"J.P....that's what makes it "another" takedown."

Jim - thanks for your perspective. Appreciated.

Last edited by J.P. Barner on March 19, 2017; edited 1 time in total

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 19, 2017

If Bo gets the two that the ref reviewed...and which clearly appeared to be two....the rest of the match is different.

I just don't understand why he wasn't awarded the two. Perhaps he stopped rather than continuing to push for control (Rex Holman's observation)?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next