Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Discussion Topic: NCAA thread
Mark Cummings added to this discussion on March 16, 2017

Moore with another dominating win.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on March 16, 2017

And Snyder with a tech fall. The guy is just awesome.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 16, 2017

Quote from Joe Kinzel's post:

"MyMar losing isn't that huge. He was not going to win it anyways. If he can wrestleback to 3rd we are ok.

Anyone else think there could/should have been a stalling call at the end of the Pletcher match?"

He will have to beat Dechow to place.

Rodiguez with a pin. Attaboy!

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 16, 2017

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"And Collica loses = OkSt big loss"

Big Buckeye loss because he looked like the best shot to keep Zain off the top of the podium.

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"And Collica loses = OkSt big loss"

Big Buckeye loss because he looked like the best shot to keep Zain off the top of the podium."

If you can't beat Rutgers, you ain't gonna beat Penn State. :)

Need Pletcher to win now.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 16, 2017

First time I've seen Z. Valencia wrestle this year; it doesn't seem the Immovable Object (Bo) matches up well with the Unstoppable Force (ZV) in this one...

Sean Koran added to this discussion on March 16, 2017

Why didn't Burcher take down in the 3rd? Was the OU guy a hammer on top? Or did Cody pick top in the 2nd? (I didn't have the sound on.)

All in all a pretty good night. Bonus from Nate, Micah, Kollin, and Kyle, and a solid match from Bo. Pletcher oh so close to pulling off the huge upset. Pin from Rodriguez is huge.

Myles loss was pretty bad - simply can't take risks like that in matches that should be won. Parker hasn't beat anyone this year and Myles beat him 11-3 two months ago. If he wins his next two he'll likely have Dechow to AA (who barely got past Jackson when Jackson appeared to totally run out of steam) and then Boyd or Foster to go top 6. Then he'd have the Brooks/Nickal loser to go for 3rd, which will be tough.

Okie State got upset three times today, which helps. PSU had about as good a day as they could have hoped.

Last edited by Sean Koran on March 17, 2017; edited 1 time in total

Sean Koran added to this discussion on March 16, 2017

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"First time I've seen Z. Valencia wrestle this year; it doesn't seem the Immovable Object (Bo) matches up well with the Unstoppable Force (ZV) in this one..."

Haven't seen him either - how come?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 16, 2017

Quote from Sean Koran's post:

"Why didn't Burcher take down in the 3rd? Was the OU guy a hammer on top? Or did Cody pick top in the 2nd? (I didn't have the sound on.)

All in all a pretty good night. Bonus from Nate, Micah, Kollin, and Kyle, and a solid match from Bo. Pletcher oh so close to pulling off the huge upset. Pin from Rodriguez is huge.

Myles loss was pretty bad - simply can't take risks like that in matches that should be won. Parker hasn't beat anyone this year and Myles beat him 11-3 two months ago. If he wins his next two he'll likely have Dechow to AA (who barely got past Jackson when Jackson appeared to totally run out of steam) and then Boyd or Foster to go top 6. Then he'd have the Brooks/Nickal loser to go for 3rd, which will be tough.

Okie State got upset twice today, which helps. PSU had about as good a day as they could have hoped."

Oklahoma deferred in the 2nd; Burcher chose top. OU's choice in the third.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 16, 2017

Myles Martin has a long road. Heyob...Greer...Dechow to place. At the same time, he was a long shot to make the finals given his draw and his history with Brooks. He's certainly capable of putting together a big run and the Bucks will need it if they're going to stay close to PSU.

J-Rod's reward for a cons pin is Tim Lambert. Ouch.

Sean Koran mentioned it but I agree. I have no idea why Burcher took neutral when an escape tied the match. It was brutal to watch him give up the inside trip with less than 5 seconds to go in first period. That's the difference between winning and losing. Still, Burcher gave the Bucks a presence this year at 165 that the team needed. Congrats to him on an improved season. Now, lift weights, get in better shape and cut down to 157....please.

Pletcher has Carton tomorrow in cons. Team race implications in that one. And the winner probably gets Gulibon. Pletcher could quietly play a huge role in the team race if he can just eliminate both those guys. Easier said than done but Pletcher will do one thing--compete hard.

edit: Just read Mark N's comment on choice options in burchers match. As Emily Litela would say "nevermind."

Last edited by Hank Kornblut on March 16, 2017; edited 1 time in total

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 16, 2017

"

"First time I've seen Z. Valencia wrestle this year; it doesn't seem the Immovable Object (Bo) matches up well with the Unstoppable Force (ZV) in this one..."

Haven't seen him either - how come?"

Forget angles, he's almost like water in regard to making it around his opponents from his feet...and very, very fast.

Bo is big and powerful...and firmly in place/position.

I hope I'm wrong.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 17, 2017

"

"

Haven't seen him either - how come?"

Forget angles, he's almost like water in regard to making it around his opponents from his feet...and very, very fast.

Bo is big and powerful...and firmly in place/position.

I hope I'm wrong."

Valencia is great but he has some pretty close wins this year. 4-3 to Amine 5-3 Weatherspoon, 3-2 Realbuto, Ramos 2-1 & 11-10.

I think Bo is right there but only way we know is if they wrestle.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 17, 2017

Bo can beat anyone at the weight. You just hope he's confident enough after a short season with lots of injuries/issues. A win over Hall helps. He has a good draw. He just needs to be Bo Jordan.

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on March 17, 2017

Mick Jordan desperately needs to beat sorenson in the quarterfinals because the loser will have Collica in the blood round.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next