Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Gavin Teasdale
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 21, 2017

Teasdale is a top lightweight prospect and a junior. He had previously committed to Iowa but just announced he had changed his mind and is heading to PSU. Ouch for Iowa and the rest of us.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/53632-gavin-teasdale-decommits-from-iowa-will-wrestle-for-penn-state

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Cory Surles added to this discussion on March 21, 2017

Seems like everybody is going to be battling for second for awhile!!!

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on March 21, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Teasdale is a top lightweight prospect and a junior. He had previously committed to Iowa but just announced he had changed his mind and is heading to PSU. Ouch for Iowa and the rest of us.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/53632-gavin-teasdale-decommits-from-iowa-will-wrestle-for-penn-state"

didn't understand why he chose Iowa in the first place as both he and Lee are natural 125's. Pity he couldn't have made a better choice, but there's still time...:)

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on March 21, 2017

Isn't there some sort of antitrust lawsuit we could file against PSU to stop their acquisition of all these elite wrestlers?

Casey Talbott added to this discussion on March 21, 2017

Quote from Cory Surles's post:

"Seems like everybody is going to be battling for second for awhile!!!"

Hoping/guessing you're kidding (?).
Because boy do I not like that mindset.

PSU is loaded, no denying this.
But so are we.
For gosh sake we've got three national champs coming back (Toma 1-3-3, Martin 1-5, Snyder 2-1-1), a runner-up (BoJo 3-3-2), a third (Moore), and a fourth (Micah).
Plus we've got others in the pipeline, who can and should be contenders.

So of course we'd need to be firing on all cylinders, and may need to get a little help from our friends.
But on a given weekend, we've got to believe that we can get these guys.
So let's not go and waive the proverbial flag just yet.

I was proud of our effort last weekend.
Six AAs, and a team runner-up.
Awesome.
That's 1, 3, 2, for the team, over the past three years.
This is what we'd all been hoping for - year in, year out, being in the thick of it.

Keep the Faith.

And Go Bucks.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 21, 2017

I have seen on other forums saying Roman Bravo Young won't end up at PSU now with Teasdale commitment. Be great for Bucks to get him and Sasso

Cory Surles added to this discussion on March 22, 2017

Quote from Casey Talbott's post:

"

Quote from Cory Surles's post:

"Seems like everybody is going to be battling for second for awhile!!!"

Hoping/guessing you're kidding (?).
Because boy do I not like that mindset.

PSU is loaded, no denying this.
But so are we.
For gosh sake we've got three national champs coming back (Toma 1-3-3, Martin 1-5, Snyder 2-1-1), a runner-up (BoJo 3-3-2), a third (Moore), and a fourth (Micah).
Plus we've got others in the pipeline, who can and should be contenders.

So of course we'd need to be firing on all cylinders, and may need to get a little help from our friends.
But on a given weekend, we've got to believe that we can get these guys.
So let's not go and waive the proverbial flag just yet.

I was proud of our effort last weekend.
Six AAs, and a team runner-up.
Awesome.
That's 1, 3, 2, for the team, over the past three years.
This is what we'd all been hoping for - year in, year out, being in the thick of it.

Keep the Faith.

And Go Bucks."

Sorry I'm a realist. Yes anything can happen and yes we will be right there. But there big guns score more bonus then our big guns. Like you said we have to be firing on all cylinders they don't. They have a possible 6 champs next year! Six! Those guys just don't win either they smash! Over 130 points returning with out one of their title contenders. Yes next year will probably have our best team ever! However, it's unlikely to be enough. Of course injuries and a couple upsets or two can happen. But if we wrestle at our best and they wrestle at theirs it's still not close unless tomasello drops to 25 and pletcher takes over at 33...then we might have a good go! We have to beat them head to head 6-4.

125 NATO over Suriano
133 pletcher over Cortez
141 Hayes over Lee
149 Retherford over Micah
157 Nolf over Ryan
165 Vincenzo over Campbell
174 Hall vs Bo toss up
184 Myles be Bo toss up
197 Moore over Mccutch
285 Snyder over Nevills

This is our best scenario in my opinion!! In a tournament we were -10 points on bonus points. We need to close that gap somehow. I think we have a much greater chance with the above lineup. I'm not saying give up on the season and don't go all out fighting! But it's going to be much harder to dethrone them then it would be for them to repeat.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 22, 2017

The Iowa forums think they are going to get Rocky Jordan and supposedly he said he will be 165-174 in college. I have hard time seeing that but who knows.

If that is the case I think the Bucks could get all 3 Rocky-165 Jaden-157-Carr-149.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 22, 2017

Let's keep in mind that PSU had an extraordinary tournament. Joseph wrestled out of his mind and had great game plans for semis and finals. Same for Hall who basically figured out a way to score, benefited twice from official reviews (he deserved the call against Zahid) and was allowed to stall outrageously in both matches. They won't always dominate this way regardless of their lineup. It's too hard and there's too much comp.

Secondly, guys want to be there because of their success but you can only put ten on the mat. Not everyone will stay at PSU.

Yes, the Nitts are the Alpha Males of D1 at the moment. They will be favored for years to win the tourney. But gravity will take hold and pull momentum away from them at times.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on March 22, 2017

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"The Iowa forums think they are going to get Rocky Jordan and supposedly he said he will be 165-174 in college. I have hard time seeing that but who knows.

If that is the case I think the Bucks could get all 3 Rocky-165 Jaden-157-Carr-149."

I will be surprised if Rocky wrestles for the Bucks. I would be even more surprised if he wrestles for Iowa.

If he starts I would be even more surprised if he competes all four years.

Not everyone has the desire and fire to compete at the college level and that's okay.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 22, 2017

Rocky Jordan made a general statement in an interview where he mentioned that Iowa is one of the schools he's interested in besides Ohio State. I think whether or not he ends up in Columbus will depend upon how badly the Bucks want him. Ryan Morningstar does appear to be doing a good job for Iowa in terms of recruiting.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 22, 2017

I caught that interview and was taken aback when I heard that. I figured maybe Wisc., but Iowa??

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 22, 2017

If you're Rocky Jordan, I could see you being pretty close to Marinelli. Think back to how we idolized guys one or two years older than us back in the day. In my world it was guys like Mike Elsass, Rex Holman and Bill Lally. Now imagine (some of you might not have to because you lived it) having one of those guys on your team. 4Xer, from Graham, not a Jordan, around your weight. It shouldn't be a surprise that Rocky would consider following him. Why do you think so many Graham guys go to VaTech?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 22, 2017

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"If you're Rocky Jordan, I could see you being pretty close to Marinelli. Think back to how we idolized guys one or two years older than us back in the day. In my world it was guys like Mike Elsass, Rex Holman and Bill Lally. Now imagine (some of you might not have to because you lived it) having one of those guys on your team. 4Xer, from Graham, not a Jordan, around your weight. It shouldn't be a surprise that Rocky would consider following him. Why do you think so many Graham guys go to VaTech?"

Good point but he has 2 brothers that have accomplished just as much if not more to look up to.

I have read on the Iowa forum he is close to Morrinigstar, Only time will tell and I believe he will wrestle 160 next year so he is trending up.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 22, 2017

I get that, but his brothers were graduated by the time Rocky got there and he has always had an vibe about him that he was a little different from the rest of the clan. Obviously, this is all speculation.

► Add to the Discussion