Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: New commits
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 31, 2017

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"If he's wrestling 145 this week I can't imagine he's a projected 174. I would think he's in the mix for 157 next year along with Ferro, Burcher, Ryan and any others."

From Flo preview.
Williams is an athletic freak who just committed to Ohio State. He wrestled up at 170 during the year for his team, but is down at a more natural weight this weekend

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Matt Schein added to this discussion on March 31, 2017

145 to 170 is a big jump

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 31, 2017

Williams is much too big to go 145. I'll be shocked if he's close to that weight at this event.

Key to Bucks success over last 3 seasons (1,3,2 at NCAA's plus two Big Ten titles) has been their ability to insert superstar recruits into the lineup. As much as I mention depth/development, the Bucks achievements are tied in to their ability to land kids with names like Stieber, Snyder, Martin, Jordan and Tomasello. Sasso falls in that category.

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Williams is much too big to go 145. I'll be shocked if he's close to that weight at this event.

Key to Bucks success over last 3 seasons (1,3,2 at NCAA's plus two Big Ten titles) has been their ability to insert superstar recruits into the lineup. As much as I mention depth/development, the Bucks achievements are tied in to their ability to land kids with names like Stieber, Snyder, Martin, Jordan and Tomasello. Sasso falls in that category."

Prepared to be shocked because that is what he is wrestling.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on March 31, 2017

They give massive weight allowances at a lot of these tournaments. A lot of guys come down for that reason.

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"They give massive weight allowances at a lot of these tournaments. A lot of guys come down for that reason."

At some tournaments yes they do but I don't think they do for FloNationals.

John Ice added to this discussion on March 31, 2017

J Williams won by fall his first match. At 145

John Ice added to this discussion on March 31, 2017

(1)Ethan Smith
Ground Control Wrestling Academy
VS
Blaze Kansco
Pittsburgh Wrestling Club
ROUND OF 32

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"They give massive weight allowances at a lot of these tournaments. A lot of guys come down for that reason."

At some tournaments yes they do but I don't think they do for FloNationals."

Looks like I was wrong. Flo is scratch +5.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 2, 2017

Ethan Smith won Flo Nationals. He's sort of the forgotten guy in this recruiting class but he shouldn't be. Smith's style has a lot in common with Romero. Good stance, moves well, nice scrambling ability and quick shots from open space. Mattox also won Flo. As did Sasso whom the Buckeyes would love to get (allegedly).

I don't think the Bucks will end up with Carr, Sasso and Maddox unless one of them can become a 165. Romero will be your future 174 and Smith will go 184...or vice versa.

And none of this takes Rocky Jordan into account. You'd think Bo and Micah's brother would be a shoo-in for the Bucks but I think both have to feel it would be a comfortable fit.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 3, 2017

"Ethan Smith won Flo Nationals. He's sort of the forgotten guy in this recruiting class but he shouldn't be. Smith's style has a lot in common with Romero. Good stance, moves well, nice scrambling ability and quick shots from open space. Mattox also won Flo. As did Sasso whom the Buckeyes would love to get (allegedly).

I don't think the Bucks will end up with Carr, Sasso and Maddox unless one of them can become a 165. Romero will be your future 174 and Smith will go 184...or vice versa.

And none of this takes Rocky Jordan into account. You'd think Bo and Micah's brother would be a shoo-in for the Bucks but I think both have to feel it would be a comfortable fit."

About Rocky -- I'd consider him less a lock to go to tOUS than Micah was because of age difference between the brothers. Micah has been able to wrestle for three years with Bo. Rocky and Micah will only have 1 year on the same roster and if Rocky redshirts, he'd be on 0 teams competing with Micah. Could have an influence on the decision. I think Rocky porjects to a minimum 165 in college.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 3, 2017

"And none of this takes Rocky Jordan into account. You'd think Bo and Micah's brother would be a shoo-in for the Bucks but I think both have to feel it would be a comfortable fit."

About Rocky -- I'd consider him less a lock to go to tOSU than Micah was because of age difference between the brothers. Micah has been able to wrestle for three years with Bo. Rocky and Micah will only have 1 year on the same roster and if Rocky redshirts, he'd be on 0 teams competing with Micah. Could have an influence on the decision. I think Rocky projects to a minimum 165 in college.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on April 3, 2017

He said the other school interested in him was Iowa. I hate to see them get him. Wisc. okay, Iowa no. If OSU had to get one more guy, I say go after Sasso.

Cory Surles added to this discussion on April 5, 2017

New Commit Brakan Mead.....we will have 10 125/133 pounders on the roster in 2019 at this rate.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 6, 2017

Quote from Cory Surles's post:

"New Commit Brakan Mead.....we will have 10 125/133 pounders on the roster in 2019 at this rate."

Nice. Congrats to BM. Bucks will have him and kid from Mason on roster in fall. As a critic of lack of depth at 125, I salute the staff for working hard to bring in talented young men with upside. There's also Decatur and Henselman coming over next few years so there should be some very good competition at lowest couple wt classes.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next