Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: PItt Job
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 1, 2017

No secret that Pitt has the potential to be a great program. There is staggering talent in the general vicinity of the school including NE Ohio and the rest of PA. There's no denying that the right coach could push this program towards the top 10.

So here are the coaching rumors as reported elsewhere on the net:

Pat Santoro/Lehigh wanted the job, thought it would be offered to him, then was rebuffed by the new AD. Santoro has just publicly declared that he remains committed to Lehigh.

Tim Flynn/Edinboro is also said to want the job. Flynn has done a fantastic job at the Boro but Pitt would probably offer better recruiting and more money plus the chance to compete in a much better conference.

Lou Rosselli is also rumored to have interviewed. That seems surprising given the solid job he did in year one at OU plus the strong group of frosh he's got coming in. But Lou is from New York and has spent a lot of time in PA and Ohio. Perhaps it's true?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on April 2, 2017

Having Sweet Lou in the Buckeyes' backyard wouldn't necessarily be such a great thing. I love the guy but it would have an impact on recruiting.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 2, 2017

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"Having Sweet Lou in the Buckeyes' backyard wouldn't necessarily be such a great thing. I love the guy but it would have an impact on recruiting."

Yep. It's obvious from the guys he signed that he's well liked in the Columbus area. He'd be competing for central Ohio studs on a yearly basis.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 2, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Yep. It's obvious from the guys he signed that he's well liked in the Columbus area. He'd be competing for central Ohio studs on a yearly basis."

...or until his son graduates and his influence isn't as present as it has been the past few years. Remember, it doesn't take long for the next wave of kids to forget the previous generation of wrestlers, let alone one that wrestled in mid 80's to mid 90's. Out of sight, out of mind.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on April 2, 2017

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

"Yep. It's obvious from the guys he signed that he's well liked in the Columbus area. He'd be competing for central Ohio studs on a yearly basis."

...or until his son graduates and his influence isn't as present as it has been the past few years. Remember, it doesn't take long for the next wave of kids to forget the previous generation of wrestlers, let alone one that wrestled in mid 80's to mid 90's. Out of sight, out of mind."

Unless he gains steam between now and then by getting the ball rolling now. Striking while the iron's hot.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 2, 2017

heather lyke, wow--- thats the lady who as asst AD at ohio st fired Hellickson (& i presume hired Ryan)

"Pitt just hired a new athletic director in Heather Lyke, so her national search for a new head coach continues."

reportedly no Flynn nor Santoro, maybe Casey Cunningham?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 2, 2017

More national chatter...Lou did not interview. Told them he wasn't interested. Allegedly.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on April 2, 2017

Stritmatter?

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on April 2, 2017

Niemann.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 2, 2017

"More national chatter...Lou did not interview. Told them he wasn't interested. Allegedly."

If that's true, I think it speaks positively of Lou's character. I'm sure he stated in his interview for the job that if OkU hired him, he'd be all in. Personally, if the previous statements are true, I dig it. It suck suck not having him close but it's inspiring to see his character shine. JMO

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on April 3, 2017

Flo says Joe Heskett is being considered

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 3, 2017

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"Niemann."

No word yet. Submitted my resume on Friday. (In fairness, it was near 5pm so they may not have gotten to it yet.)

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on April 3, 2017

Am I the only one concerned that J Jaggers might be in the mix? Former OSU AD at Pitt. We all know what Jaggers can do.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on April 4, 2017

Quote from Brian Nicola's post:

"Am I the only one concerned that J Jaggers might be in the mix? Former OSU AD at Pitt. We all know what Jaggers can do."

No. You're not.

My hope is that J's allegiances to city of Cleveland, and the state of Ohio, are ***SO*** strong that he wouldn't dare consider the position. I just don't think he could withstand the wrath his home city would bestow upon him. That's my hope anyway.

Perhaps I'm viewing this through a lens and the thought of "if he were to go to PITT then I would actually have to consider liking something from that city"!!! It's bad enough I check in from time to time concerning LJ Bentley and NQ Taleb Rahmani! (NOTE: I do shower after each visit to the website.)

I'm just saying. ;-)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 4, 2017

I've always promised myself that when I win the lottery/hit it big in business, I'm going to present myself to the CSU AD and discuss my interest in investing in the wrestling program. At that time, J. Jaggers will be one of two people I contact about coaching at CSU. The other would be Logan Stieber.

Who to hire?

#mywrestlingfantasy

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next