Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Jared Verkleeren
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on April 24, 2017

Does anyone know if he is in play for the buckeyes. He is announcing may 5. Him and Kyle Snyder seem to have a good relationship from what I saw on twitter. Kyle made an O-H when he said his announcement date. Ranked number one at 145 and Cadet world champ it would be a good get for the buckeyes.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 24, 2017

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"Does anyone know if he is in play for the buckeyes. He is announcing may 5. Him and Kyle Snyder seem to have a good relationship from what I saw on twitter. Kyle made an O-H when he said his announcement date. Ranked number one at 145 and Cadet world champ it would be a good get for the buckeyes."

How cool is it to have your Olympic and World Champ assist with recruiting via social media?

If he were to come (and I had no idea the Bucks were recruiting him...but then again Tom Ryan doesn't call me to discuss these things), it would be yet another solid prospect to shoe horn into the middle wts.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on April 25, 2017

Did he decommit from somewhere? ISU? I'm super interested to see how this change in recruiting philosophy irons out. It's definitely a different approach then what we are used to seeing out of the Buckeyes. I still want to see Carr end up in a Buckeye singlet. Is he the most significant Ohio guy since Stieber? Marinelli is a stud, and obviously Dean Heil has had a remarkable career thus far, but did either of them have the international credentials that Carr has?

Dwight LeRoy added to this discussion on April 30, 2017

JarodVerkleeren‏ @verkleeren_j 10m10 minutes ago
After a very long process I decided to continue my Academic and wrestling career at Penn State University. #WeAre 🦁

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 1, 2017

Quote from Dwight LeRoy's post:

"JarodVerkleeren‏ @verkleeren_j 10m10 minutes ago
After a very long process I decided to continue my Academic and wrestling career at Penn State University. #WeAre 🦁"

I'd much rather have Carr. Go get him tOSU.

► Add to the Discussion