Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Peppers to Browns
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on April 28, 2017

Shocked by the anti-Kizer sentiment. Pro body, pro arm, great athlete, player at ND, Ohio kid. Thought it was a great pick.

No clue how you compare Kizer to Manziel. Not comparable in any way.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 29, 2017

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Shocked by the anti-Kizer sentiment. Pro body, pro arm, great athlete, player at ND, Ohio kid. Thought it was a great pick.

No clue how you compare Kizer to Manziel. Not comparable in any way."

My brother agrees with you. Honestly, the Browns history is so hard to overcome that it's easy to believe that all their picks will fail. Let's hope Kizer can develop.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 29, 2017

Kizer a long-term project, has physical tools, may work out, hope so but let's not get carried away. ND was 4 & 8, yes 4 & 8 last season. Browns QB needs are an urgent matter, 4 & 28 last 2 years. A 30 (THIRTY) % winning percentage since came back in 1999. Has lost a generation of fans.

***A Note, my neighbor 3 houses down in West Park area Cleveland could be drafted 4th round. Tyler Orlosky played at st Eds, all Big 12 center at W Va, was one of 3 finalists for Rimmington award which goes to best center. Browns need a center. Not many OL drafted so far but its coming.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on April 29, 2017

"Shocked by the anti-Kizer sentiment. Pro body, pro arm, great athlete, player at ND, Ohio kid. Thought it was a great pick.

No clue how you compare Kizer to Manziel. Not comparable in any way."

Agreed, Ethen. No character concerns. Big arm and good mobility. Solid chance pick in the second round for a QB. Had no weapons last year and lost his left tackle. His coach was mediocre at best and threw him under the bus before the draft.

I also liked Mahomes.

ALL the QBs in this draft are risks. I like Watson but if you watch him throw he can be very inaccurate, including in the title game. Some great catches were made for him. Great character and talent but not a strong arm. He may work in that temp controlled stadium in Houston but I'm tired of fluttering passes in Cleveland Stacdium while Roethleburger and Flacco knife right through it.

I'm also tired of the Browns wasting 1st round picks. The picks this year are consensus solid picks. No one of repute suggested anyone but Garrett at 1. I also was worried about Garrett taking plays off until I found out how bad his ankle was this year and that he played two years ago with a broken wrist that required surgery.

Peppers is a risk. Good athlete, no position. Have to trust Gregg Williams has a plan. He can return kicks, too.

Love the tight end.

I like the draft so far for the Browns. Unfortunately Pittsburgh's looks pretty good, too.

How the Bengals can draft Mixon is beyond me.

Why won't the Browns draft Buckeyes? It works for Pittspuke.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on April 29, 2017

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Kizer a long-term project, has physical tools, may work out, hope so but let's not get carried away. ND was 4 & 8, yes 4 & 8 last season. Browns QB needs are an urgent matter, 4 & 28 last 2 years. A 30 (THIRTY) % winning percentage since came back in 1999. Has lost a generation of fans.

***A Note, my neighbor 3 houses down in West Park area Cleveland could be drafted 4th round. Tyler Orlosky played at st Eds, all Big 12 center at W Va, was one of 3 finalists for Rimmington award which goes to best center. Browns need a center. Not many OL drafted so far but its coming."

Browns don't need a center or they might have taken Elflein instead of the D.T.. They signed a former Green Bay starter in free agency and have the kid from Washington who played a very good game until hurting his knee last year.

Bad draft for the O-line.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on April 29, 2017

Yep, every QB a risk in this draft. Watson is a great leader but watch the 17 pics he threw; several of them were terrible decisions. And that's after starting for 3 years and playing with one of the best rosters in college.

Mahomes was a project from an offense and conference that is notorious for QB busts.

I hear people saying Peppers is slow? Ran a 4.42 at the combine. That's blazing for a safety. The anti-Peppers movement is only because most Browns fans are Buckeye fans.

The TE from Miami was 14th on McShay's big board.

I'm still trying to figure out why people are complaint.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on April 29, 2017

"

I'm still trying to figure out why people are complaint."

That is really easy, it is because it is the Browns!!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2