Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Anthony Ralph just tweeted Boooooom
Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on May 26, 2017

Someone who knows more than me tell me why!

#McKennaWatch2017

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on May 26, 2017

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"Someone who knows more than me tell me why!

#McKennaWatch2017"

He might transfer and bucks are one of the schools he is looking at along with Iowa PSU and Lehigh

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on May 27, 2017

Excited to see who is on board.

The staff should talk to mark pantoni, not good form to reveal a commitment until the athlete makes it public. Give the kid the limelight and avoid your fan base speculating.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on May 27, 2017

My best guess is the Bucks landed a commitment from two-time PA champ Gavin Hoffman. According to Flo, Hoffman is announcing his decision today at NHSCA National Duals and is considering Ohio State, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Arizona State and Northwestern.

Tom Ryan has built his program to a point where if they really want a guy they're probably not losing him to any of those four schools. Outside of Penn State, Oklahoma State and Iowa, I'm not stressing about any school OSU goes up against in recruiting. Kudos to the work Ryan and his staff have done.

Hoffman projects to 197. He would join Malik Heinselman and Jaden Mattox in OSU's 2018 class. A lower weight, a middle weight and an upper weight. I gotta believe Rocky Jordan and David Carr are still in play.

The Decatur brothers arrive in 2019.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on May 27, 2017

FWIW, Twitter accounts for Tom Ryan and the Ohio State wrestling program just 'liked' a Flo video of Hoffman's match at national duals. Deduce from that what you will.

Hoffman mauled his opponent. Ankle pick, inside trip, cradle, leg turk — all of this from a 195-pounder.

Why isn't this guy considering Penn State?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 27, 2017

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"FWIW, Twitter accounts for Tom Ryan and the Ohio State wrestling program just 'liked' a Flo video of Hoffman's match at national duals. Deduce from that what you will.

Hoffman mauled his opponent. Ankle pick, inside trip, cradle, leg turk — all of this from a 195-pounder.

Why isn't this guy considering Penn State?"

How much money does PSU have left?

As exciting as it would be for the Bucks to land McKenna, we really need strong D1 programs out west. Boise State's decision to drop is bad news for a region of the country that already has too few programs. A strong Stanford is in everyone's best interest. That said--if McKenna really wants to go somewhere else, it's his life and his decision. Should he choose Columbus, I'd be happy to root him on.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on May 27, 2017

Great get for the Bucks. Curious what happens when he comes of redshirt and Kollin Moore is still a senior. It's a nice problem to have when your fringe approaching the type of lineup competition that PSU and Okie St have.

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on May 27, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

"FWIW, Twitter accounts for Tom Ryan and the Ohio State wrestling program just 'liked' a Flo video of Hoffman's match at national duals. Deduce from that what you will.

How much money does PSU have left?"

Who knows? I don't even think the wrestlers will know until July 7th, when they're allowed to start talking about dollars and cents.

Quote from Britt Malinsky's post:

"

"

Who knows? I don't even think the wrestlers will know until July 7th, when they're allowed to start talking about dollars and cents."

No one says "I'm coming" without having an idea of the type of scholarship pkg they're getting.

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on May 27, 2017

"

Quote from Britt Malinsky's post:

"

"

Who knows? I don't even think the wrestlers will know until July 7th, when they're allowed to start talking about dollars and cents."

No one says "I'm coming" without having an idea of the type of scholarship pkg they're getting."

Except Thomas Haines, apparently (to Penn State, not Ohio State).

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on May 28, 2017

Penn State has a verbal from Michael Beard, who like Hoffman is a projected 197. Not only that, Beard is viewed/ranked as superior to Hoffman.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 28, 2017

Quote from Josh Lowe's post:

"Penn State has a verbal from Michael Beard, who like Hoffman is a projected 197. Not only that, Beard is viewed/ranked as superior to Hoffman."

buzz kill.

Britt--that's funny.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on May 29, 2017

"Penn State has a verbal from Michael Beard, who like Hoffman is a projected 197. Not only that, Beard is viewed/ranked as superior to Hoffman."

Yes, but slightly. They wrestled once a year ago and Hoffman won by injury default. I have no idea how the match was going before Beard had to stop.

Book them for Who's Number 1 and let's see who's better. If it's Beard, fine. But Ohio State landed a helluva wrestler.

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on May 30, 2017

"

buzz kill.

Britt--that's funny."

I wasn't trying to be funny...it was accurate. That's exactly what happened with Haines at Penn State. He committed, and they couldn't discuss money at that point, the first day they could discuss money, they got the commitment from Nevills right away, and told Haines that he would be welcome to walk on, but he wasn't getting a dime from them. I recognize I'm a (currently freelancing) reporter, but I don't write fiction very well, and I'm not doing so in this case.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next