Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: McKenna?
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 13, 2017

8/13....McKenna?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 14, 2017

8/14...McKenna?

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on August 14, 2017

Forgive me for being a pessimist, but we're inside the two week window for classes to begin. I just can't see it happening at this point. If it were happening, what purpose does it serve to wait until the last possible minute to announce?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 14, 2017

Chris: obviously he attended the Stallings Bros. camp! ...duh!

Matt Mace added to this discussion on August 14, 2017

Purely speculative, but I can't see making an announcement until all administrative hurdles have been cleared. I doubt McKenna is still trying to decide. Likely he has made his decision and now is trying to get it done. Even if classes start and he is not enrolled this semester, I'm not sure that would prohibit him from joining the team next semester and wrestling unattached and training at the RTC fall semester. Until I hear Joey say that he is staying at Stanford (I think this is unlikely) or that he has chosen another school, I will remain hopeful.

Quote from Matt Mace's post:

"Purely speculative, but I can't see making an announcement until all administrative hurdles have been cleared. I doubt McKenna is still trying to decide. Likely he has made his decision and now is trying to get it done. Even if classes start and he is not enrolled this semester, I'm not sure that would prohibit him from joining the team next semester and wrestling unattached and training at the RTC fall semester. Until I hear Joey say that he is staying at Stanford (I think this is unlikely) or that he has chosen another school, I will remain hopeful."

excellent points! You have single-handedly re-instilled my optimism. :)

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Chris: obviously he attended the Stallings Bros. camp! ...duh!"

Every single person in my extended wrestling family has been made to watch the Stall Camp. Crucial for the holistic development of a young athlete! :)

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 15, 2017

McKenna to ohio st has AGAIN been confirmed by another reliable source -- no one wants to believe this good news, i must have a credibility problem, LOL.

Chase Singletary and McKenna will be the first Blair guys to wrestle for Ohio St going back to Major Ray Mendoza (KIA in Iraq).

Matt Mace added to this discussion on August 15, 2017

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"the longer it drags on leads to the belief the decision must be a very agonizing one for McKenna. That could favor Lehigh, he is very close with Jeff Buxton who runs a club over there."

"McKenna was to announce by yesterday, according to his Dad (i was told) ... since he hasn't and was at the LVAC golf outing today the plot thickens"

"my normally reliable Lehigh contact reports to me Ohio State lands Joey McKenna after he narrowed his choices to OSU and Lehigh."

"McKenna to ohio st has AGAIN been confirmed by another reliable source -- no one wants to believe this good news, i must have a credibility problem, LOL."

Ben Watson added to this discussion on August 15, 2017

8/15

its the buckeyes ... prepare a feast of crow for my palate should i be proven wrong. ah bon apetite

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on August 15, 2017

"its the buckeyes ... prepare a feast of crow for my palate should i be proven wrong. ah bon apetite"

Bob,
In your opinion, what do you feel is the hold up for any sort of official announcement? Just seems odd for a competitor of this caliber to continue to fly under the radar with a move this significant. Thoughts?

maybe he's the rare kid today not seeking social media coverage- i'm he told he wants to live and train with his buddy, Kyle Snyder. And Logan Stieber and the Jordan's as training partners.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on August 15, 2017

First world problems here, but I'm hoping this doesn't knock Key-Shawn out of the line up. He looks like a potential star and had to deal with the setback last year.

If this moves Micah to 57 and slots McKenna at 49, I consider that a perfect scenario (from an outsider's perspective).

Matt Mace added to this discussion on August 15, 2017

or McKenna at 141 and Hayes at 149. Coaches can figure it out...

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next