Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Lag time topic - I thought this was sorta funny
Jeff Streu added to this discussion on August 9, 2017

I noticed this recently while looking at the Team USA bios on themat.com. Apparently J'Den Cox wrestled 285 his senior year of high school. As we all know, David Taylor wrestled 135 his senior year. Although Cox was a light heavyweight, I thought it was kinda funny that a former 135 and a former 285 eventually converged to face each other at 189. Maybe I'm just easily amused?

On facebook I saw a picture of this year's world team after a recent practice. Despite the big spreads in the 8 weight classes, I couldn't help but notice that: Stieber looked just as big as Zane, Green looked at least as big (or bigger) as Burroughs, and Cox looked just as big as Snyder. Burroughs is jacked, but I couldn't believe how tiny he looked compared to Cox, who is just one weight class above him.

Even though they are moving to 10 weights next year, there will still only be 6 at the Olympics, so it'll be interesting to see where guys move around in 2020.

Feel free to post any anecdotes of big moves (up or down) that guys made in weight classes from season to season.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 10, 2017

Thomasseit from Graham. Pretty sure he went from 112 to 170 in one year. He's JACKED!!!!!!

Jim Wagnild added to this discussion on August 19, 2017

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Thomasseit from Graham. Pretty sure he went from 112 to 170 in one year. He's JACKED!!!!!!"

Actually he is a tire carrier not a jackman.

http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/news/articles/58489/knaus-johnson-host-no-48-team-the-price-is-right

► Add to the Discussion