Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: 2017-2018 Ohio State Wrestling Schedule
Matthew O'Hara added to this discussion on August 14, 2017

soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/steelwood-radio/2017-2018-ohio-state-wrestling-schedule
itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/2017-2018-ohio-state-wrestling-schedule/id1230740750?i=1000391039845&mt=2

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 14, 2017

Very cool Matt and Travis.

Matt Mace added to this discussion on August 15, 2017

I think this is it.
For your reference until it is posted...

11/4 Princeton Open
11/5 All Star Classic @Princeton
11/12 Arizona State
11/21 Cleveland St/Kent St
12/1-2 Cliff Keen Inv @Las Vegas
12/10 Indiana @CVCA
12/17 Tenn-Chat @Atlanta
1/5 @Maryland
1/7 @Rutgers
1/12 Minnesota (Schott)
1/19 or 1/21 Iowa (Schott)
1/26 @Michigan St
1/28 Purdue @St Paris Graham
2/2 or 2/4 @Penn St
2/11 @TSUN
2/18 @NC State
Now that the actual schedule is out, I'm really getting excited for the upcoming season. Great possible matchups up and down the schedule.

Matt Mace added to this discussion on September 18, 2017

Late addition to the schedule.
12/15 vs Princeton @ U of Delaware
it'll be a good test for our 141 (Hayes or McKenna) against Kolodzik and will be a useful recruiting tool as it seems the Buckeyes have found some success with this often overlooked area of the country in Myles and Kevin and Kyle Snyder. Quinn Kinner is from this area and seems to be on the Buckeyes recruiting list if you watch TR's twitter. Didn't know anything about him until the 1st day of recruiting opened and I saw that Tom gave him a visit. To me this means he is a high priority.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on September 18, 2017

Quote from Matt Mace's post:

"Late addition to the schedule.
it'll be a good test for our 141 (Hayes or McKenna) against Kolodzik and will be a useful recruiting tool as it seems the Buckeyes have found some success with this often overlooked area of the country in Myles and Kevin and Kyle Snyder. Quinn Kinner is from this area and seems to be on the Buckeyes recruiting list if you watch TR's twitter. Didn't know anything about him until the 1st day of recruiting opened and I saw that Tom gave him a visit. To me this means he is a high priority."

Good test for one of our guys but I thought I read Kolodzik is going 149 for the year.

Matt Mace added to this discussion on September 18, 2017

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"Good test for one of our guys but I thought I read Kolodzik is going 149 for the year."

Whoops. You're right, I was out of the loop. Same will hold true for 149, either McKenna or Hayes.

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on September 18, 2017

Apparently the Penn State dual will be February 3rd at Rec Hall, either 6 or 8 PM (time to be determined by TV).

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 18, 2017

"Late addition to the schedule.
it'll be a good test for our 141 (Hayes or McKenna) against Kolodzik and will be a useful recruiting tool as it seems the Buckeyes have found some success with this often overlooked area of the country in Myles and Kevin and Kyle Snyder. Quinn Kinner is from this area and seems to be on the Buckeyes recruiting list if you watch TR's twitter. Didn't know anything about him until the 1st day of recruiting opened and I saw that Tom gave him a visit. To me this means he is a high priority."

Kinner verballed to NC State on August 1. Can't get em all.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on September 19, 2017

I haven't seen anything on the web-site about wrestle-offs this year? - Are they still making a public event out of them? - In the past It was done in combination with the end of a seminar for high school wrestlers.

I went a few years back and witnessed Ian Paddock beat Hunter Stieber. I thought it was a great experience.

I thought I might go this year, but I haven't seen anything about them?

Matthew O'Hara added to this discussion on September 20, 2017

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"I haven't seen anything on the web-site about wrestle-offs this year? - Are they still making a public event out of them? - In the past It was done in combination with the end of a seminar for high school wrestlers.

I went a few years back and witnessed Ian Paddock beat Hunter Stieber. I thought it was a great experience.

I thought I might go this year, but I haven't seen anything about them?"

unfortunately, no wrestle-offs this year. details in our next podcast

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on September 20, 2017

Thanks, Matt!

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on September 20, 2017

Honestly, I think wrestle off's this year would be a bit boring. The most important wrestle off will be between Hayes and McKenna and that will take place very soon according to TR.
Beyond that the only other wrestle off that I think would be somewhat interesting is Campbell and Burcher.

NaTo, Pletcher, Micah, BoJo, MyMar, KoMo, and Snyder would all win easily.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on September 20, 2017

I was thinking more about the opportunity to see some of the incoming freshmen on the mat for the first time.

I would love to get a first look at Kaleb Romero and Singletary, and some of the lightweights who might be filling in for NATO on occasion to help him manage weight.

It would also be a first chance to see Campbell and McKenna in an OSU singlet.

Don't under-estimate a Fitgerald/Pletcher match at 133, as it could get interesting.

Also, it would be nice to get some insight as to who going to backup Snyder at 285 this year. I think Kyle wrestled 10 matches last year, so that leaves alot starting matches for the next guy at the position.

Matt Mace added to this discussion on September 21, 2017

I agree Pat. While I also don't see many weights that are up for grabs, I'd like to see where some of the younger guys are in comparison to our starters. In addition to those that you mentioned I'd like to see Ryan Harris, Kevin Snyder and Brakan Mead.
I think Brakan would be the fill in for Nato, but the coaches may not want to burn his redshirt. Also, I'm curious who the top dog is at 125 besides Nato, because that guy is probably gonna be our starter next year. I think Heinselman is gonna need a redshirt.

Matthew O'Hara added to this discussion on September 21, 2017

"I agree Pat. While I also don't see many weights that are up for grabs, I'd like to see where some of the younger guys are in comparison to our starters. In addition to those that you mentioned I'd like to see Ryan Harris, Kevin Snyder and Brakan Mead.
I think Brakan would be the fill in for Nato, but the coaches may not want to burn his redshirt. Also, I'm curious who the top dog is at 125 besides Nato, because that guy is probably gonna be our starter next year. I think Heinselman is gonna need a redshirt."

Harris isn't wrestling this year. medical redshirt i believe

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next