Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Penn State Vs Ohio State
Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on August 20, 2017

And Joseph isn't pinning Campbell when he won by decision a year ago. Campbell may even reverse that outcome when he's training with Micah, Burcher, Bo, and Martin everyday.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on August 20, 2017

125- Favors OSU. If Suriano is there look for a DEC +3 pts. If anyone else is there it will be bonus pts for OSU.
133- Favors OSU by DEC +3 pts
141- Favors OSU by DEC +3 pts
149- Favors PSU. Retherford is a risk of pinning anyone but McKenna is way too good to get pinned more than once. I think he can keep this to a decision. Let's say Zain majors him though. -4 pts
157- Favors PSU. Nolf is obviously great but Micah is no joke himself. I have way more confidence that Micah can keep it a decision against Nolf than I do against Retherford. Let's say Nolf by major. -4
Intermission:
OSU 9
PSU 8
165- Favors PSU. -3
174- Even. I don't see either wrestler sweeping the series 3-0 in the unlikely event they wrestle each other in the dual, Big10's, and NCAA.
184- Favors PSU. Nickal is better and can major MyMar. However, we all know Myles is capable of winning. Let's give Nickal the major. -4
197- Favors OSU. +3 A major by KoMo is not out of the question though.
285- Favors OSU. If Nevills can keep this to a major he will have done his job. Last year Snyder won 19-9. With the dual on the line I can see Kyle getting a tech or a fall.
+4
Final:
OSU 16
PSU 15
Toss up @174

If Suriano isn't back for PSU, and I think he will be, NaTo gets bonus points.
If McKenna is @41 he gets bonus.
If Hayes is @49 Retherford gets bonus.

Still too many variables but this should be an unbelievable dual if everyone wrestles!

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on August 20, 2017

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"And Joseph isn't pinning Campbell when he won by decision a year ago. Campbell may even reverse that outcome when he's training with Micah, Burcher, Bo, and Martin everyday."

And Joseph wasn't pinning I-MAR until he did. Falls can be unpredictable. Tech falls, much less so.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 20, 2017

Quote from Joe Kinzel's post:

"... if everyone wrestles!"

We have a winner!

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on August 21, 2017

I was on the PSU forum and someone cut and pasted Joe K. predictions and they feel that tOSU will only win 197-285. and maybe one other weight.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 21, 2017

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"I was on the PSU forum and someone cut and pasted Joe K. predictions and they feel that tOSU will only win 197-285. and maybe one other weight."

Thus demonstrating how the "media" creates its own issues--even on something as hokey as a wrestling forum.

We should all turn off our TV's and never watch the news.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 21, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"...

We should all turn off our TV's and never watch the news."

I haven't watched TV news in well over a decade. Barely watch TV as it is. Survivorman, sports, and every now and again, something with the kids. Other than that, no thanks.

And Hank, I'm one happy man.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 21, 2017

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"...

We should all turn off our TV's and never watch the news."

I haven't watched TV news in well over a decade. Barely watch TV as it is. Survivorman, sports, and every now and again, something with the kids. Other than that, no thanks.

And Hank, I'm one happy man."

You do set a fine example.

Ben Watson added to this discussion on August 22, 2017

I try not to promote the podcast (The Inside Trip) on here too often as I am mostly a lurker (many times a day). But, my podcast partner, Brandon Olinger did a crazy statistical breakdown of tOSU vs. PSU NCAA team points based on a number of criteria. It's towards the end of our latest podcast (Ep. 35). I really think the readers here will enjoy the analysis. I did as I sat there listening to him speak. I didn't know he had compiled the numbers until that moment.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 22, 2017

Based on talk on other forums, it appears Suriano is leaving PSU.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on August 22, 2017

Quote from Ben Watson's post:

"I try not to promote the podcast (The Inside Trip) on here too often as I am mostly a lurker (many times a day). But, my podcast partner, Brandon Olinger did a crazy statistical breakdown of tOSU vs. PSU NCAA team points based on a number of criteria. It's towards the end of our latest podcast (Ep. 35). I really think the readers here will enjoy the analysis. I did as I sat there listening to him speak. I didn't know he had compiled the numbers until that moment."

Enjoyed the podcast, thanks!

Hank mentioned it, apparently there has NOT been a Suriano sighting in Happy Valley this week. Classes started Yesterday.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on August 26, 2017

Members of this board are typically measured and reasonable. But biases tend to come out with dual projections.

Pletcher and Hayes are no better than a toss-up against Cortez and Lee — assuming that's who Penn State trots out at 133 and 141. And keep in mind, the Bucks go to Rec Hall.

Also, would anyone be stunned if Suriano knocks off Nate? An untimely injury stood in the way of Suriano winning the NCAA title last year.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2