Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: Lag Time Topic: Ranking The Buckeyes (2017-2018)
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on October 23, 2017

Quote from Matt Mace's post:

"Had Carr committed, I wonder if Sasso would have."

Project at different weights. I don't think Carr's decision affected Sasso's in the least.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Matt Mace added to this discussion on October 23, 2017

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Quote from Matt Mace's post:

"Allow me to geek out and drop some Bob P stream of consciousness for a minute..."

Not one mention of IRONMAN. #Fail"

All of the current 2018 and 2019 Buckeye commits will be at 2017 Ironman except, Sasso, Hoffman and Kinner.
That includes Mattox, Jordan, Hubbard, Heinselman, Keaton, Gruber, Redlin and the Decaturs! Wanna see the future of the Buckeyes? Be at Walsh Jesuit on Dec 8&9!
How's that Niemann?
Bob, any chance of getting Nazareth to change their schedule? Cumberland Valley Kickoff Classic instead of Ironman? huh?

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 23, 2017

As the beloved M-Rod oft types:
“It’s a great time to be a wrestling fan.”

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 29, 2017

I’m out of Lag Time Topics...has the season started yet?!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 29, 2017

Matt: :thumb up:

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on December 3, 2017

Any updated thoughts?

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on December 3, 2017

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"
And honestly, I think they have a shot at 10 AA's, so that's saying something. Pletcher at 133 is the most under the radar, intriguing fella in the line-up to me. The kid just has fire running through him. He was a very near miss up at weight and as competitive as they come. That doesn't happen in Div I NCAA wrestling. In the lineup where he belongs, and with top notch talent training above and below him in the line-up, we might see lightning strike there. I'm calling it now."

I think we're going to continue to see an upswing in Pletcher's stock. Even with a Micic win and being undefeated I'm not sure if he has finalist potential just yet. But he's definitely shown high AA potential is in him over this first month of the season. To add to this, I think Campbell has shown tremendous upside from what any of us expected as well. Once all the pieces are in place this team will be scary good! Maybe one of the best in history.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on December 3, 2017

I want Bo to win it all so bad.

Cory Surles added to this discussion on December 3, 2017

"

"
And honestly, I think they have a shot at 10 AA's, so that's saying something. Pletcher at 133 is the most under the radar, intriguing fella in the line-up to me. The kid just has fire running through him. He was a very near miss up at weight and as competitive as they come. That doesn't happen in Div I NCAA wrestling. In the lineup where he belongs, and with top notch talent training above and below him in the line-up, we might see lightning strike there. I'm calling it now."

I think we're going to continue to see an upswing in Pletcher's stock. Even with a Micic win and being undefeated I'm not sure if he has finalist potential just yet. But he's definitely shown high AA potential is in him over this first month of the season. To add to this, I think Campbell has shown tremendous upside from what any of us expected as well. Once all the pieces are in place this team will be scary good! Maybe one of the best in history."

I totally disagree!! Pletcher beat a healthy game Micic who is Consensus top 3! His defense is good enough to keep him in any match with those stocky legs!! I think he gets
Better with time! If you can beat a top 3 guy and go through a national tournament type field then you can definitely contend come tournament time! Honestly I don’t think he is a big underdog to anybody but Gross.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on December 3, 2017

Quote from Cory Surles's post:

"

"

"

I think we're going to continue to see an upswing in Pletcher's stock. Even with a Micic win and being undefeated I'm not sure if he has finalist potential just yet. But he's definitely shown high AA potential is in him over this first month of the season. To add to this, I think Campbell has shown tremendous upside from what any of us expected as well. Once all the pieces are in place this team will be scary good! Maybe one of the best in history."

I totally disagree!! Pletcher beat a healthy game Micic who is Consensus top 3! His defense is good enough to keep him in any match with those stocky legs!! I think he gets
Better with time! If you can beat a top 3 guy and go through a national tournament type field then you can definitely contend come tournament time! Honestly I don’t think he is a big underdog to anybody but Gross."

Lol dude, you're agreeing with everything I just said. I've been on the Pletcher train since way back. You don't have to sell me on him being a high AA candidate.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 4, 2017

I thought I was losing my mind. Pretty sure that’s EXACTLY what ShepDpg was saying.

Cory Surles added to this discussion on December 4, 2017

“Even with a Micic win and being undefeated I'm not sure if he has finalist potential just yet.”

Did you not say this? Shouldn’t somebody who is undefeated, ran through a tough weight, beat a title contender, and down a weight. He’s now at his ideal weight and won’t get horse powered by anyone. He has great position and is always in a match. My point is yes right at this moment “finalist potential”! Would I bet he would be a finalist this year?? Not sure but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he did. Kids got “POTENTIAL” lol

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3