Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Logan at 4am
Kyle Klotz added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

When is the last time Logan got TF'd, let alone twice in one tournament. Looked like something was off today.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

Not Logan's best day. Oh well.

Matt Mace added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

Yes, Logan didn't seem like himself, but the two guys that beat him are probably top 10 pound for pound guys. Logan will have to figure it out, if in fact he was 100%. Cox also seemed off. I think D.T. would have done better at this tournament, but Cox earned his right to wrestle.
Very big kudos to Gilman! He is wrestling his heart out and being aggressive. Impressed by Gwiz too.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

Regarding Cox...I didn't see the matches, can someone explain to me how a returning bronze medalist going for bronze is underperforming? What am I missing?

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

Many fans just want to see D.T. and dake represent the country for whatever reason. However, they got people in front of them who are better. We should appreciate JB and JC while we have them. They represent this country with class and dignity. It isn't guaranteed D.T. would be wrestling for a medal today. Enjoy!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

Quote from Kyle Klotz's post:

"When is the last time Logan got TF'd, let alone twice in one tournament. Looked like something was off today."

i don't follow UWW as close as u guys, not in detail-- explain to me the difference between Logan winning World champ one year ago and 2X TFed this year. Was the comp as tough in his wt one year ago?

Jason Russell added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

Quote from Kyle Klotz's post:

"When is the last time Logan got TF'd, let alone twice in one tournament. Looked like something was off today."

i don't follow UWW as close as u guys, not in detail-- explain to me the difference between Logan winning World champ one year ago and 2X TFed this year. Was the comp as tough in his wt one year ago?"

Bob, last year Logans weight did not include any Olympians, as they were all wrestling in the Olympics. Logan is a straight beast, but guys like Khinch really make the weight deep.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

Bob--my opinion--Logan has been scouted. Plus those guys were really good. The opportunity to watch Logan compete over the years has been an honor for this wrestling fan. But without knowing any details, something was lacking It's not that he lost to good guys. It's that he got destroyed twice. Other thoughts....Lou Rosselli is gone...weight cut...unknown injury...I just don't know. I do feel he had a much tougher draw than the other Americans. Maybe it's just that simple.

I love J'Den Cox, I think he is a total beast, freakish quickness and strength, uncanny technical ability, almost impossible to take down and on top of all that, seems like a brilliant young man that I am proud is representing our country. There is nothing personal about my opinion that I think D.T. might do better at this tournament.
J'den doesn't seem to have the same explosiveness he had at the Olympics. Maybe the knee injury is still lingering, but I see a bit of caution in his wrestling.
As for David Taylor, I think he would win gold at this tournament. I do! Yazdanicharati is breezing through 86kg so far (still has to go through a tough Makoev) and except for a few push outs, D.T. dominated him a few months ago and got the pin.

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Bob--my opinion--Logan has been scouted. Plus those guys were really good. The opportunity to watch Logan compete over the years has been an honor for this wrestling fan. But without knowing any details, something was lacking It's not that he lost to good guys. It's that he got destroyed twice. Other thoughts....Lou Rosselli is gone...weight cut...unknown injury...I just don't know. I do feel he had a much tougher draw than the other Americans. Maybe it's just that simple."

Just caught an interview with Logan. He says weight cut was good and no injuries. He mentioned that Rashidov was really strong and tough to move. I know Rosselli is a great coach, but I just don't think that's it either.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

Logan is at the deepest weight at this tournament, period. All the best guys moved up from 57kg leaving a barren weight. The Flo guys talked at length about how they thought Gilman had a great shot because of this. Hopefully he pulls it off later today. I didn't see his third match against the Georgian, but sometimes it appears to me that his shot selection puts him in unrecoverable positions, and when any American gets put on bottom they get roughed up.

Is it possible that Stieber is a top five guy in the world (pretty amazing when you think about it), and he just ran into #1 and #2?

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Is it possible that Stieber is a top five guy in the world (pretty amazing when you think about it), and he just ran into #1 and #2?"

Yes.

USA ends up with three medalists--Gilman (silver), Gwiz and Cox (bronze). Good first day.

Heading in, I think most people would have said three medals on day one was a pretty good day. What's a good day for tomorrow?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next