Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: Logan at 4am
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

I would think all of these guys scout each other... is the inference that Logie's style is less dynamic?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Matt Mace added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

I think we can medal at every weight tomorrow. Snyder and Burroughs are close to locks for medals. Green and Zain should get Bronze or better too. I'm excited to see what Zain does at a high level international tournament. Very probable that Snyder and Saeduleuv will meet in the finals with the team race dependent on the winner. The drama!

Jason Russell added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

I think we could realistically have anywhere from 1-4 medals. I think Snyder is a pretty sure bet. Burroughs has a tough bracket to navigate but I expect good things from him. Green has done it before and has a good draw...and we will see just how good the Zain Train is!

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Is it possible that Stieber is a top five guy in the world (pretty amazing when you think about it), and he just ran into #1 and #2?"

I think he ran into #2 and #3.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on August 26, 2017

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Regarding Cox...I didn't see the matches, can someone explain to me how a returning bronze medalist going for bronze is underperforming? What am I missing?"

Michael, the first periods of his matches and the 2nd period of his semi were SNOOZERS!! It wasn't his end result but it was "how" he wrestled. I text a former college teammate of mine during his match and he was like - wow, this is boring.

Cox even admitted that he "wrestled ugly" and he couldn't point to one particular reason. He then thanked D.T. for the "motivation" -- and by the way he wrestled in the 2nd period of the bronze medal match, it looked like he had extra fire. I know that I was yelling at my screen during his semi-finals match almost the entire match for him to "go". I was frustrated - like I was after his Rio semi when he was losing on criteria and didn't know he was. My stomach ached the last 90 seconds of that match.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on August 26, 2017

Brady AKA "Nighthawk" strikes at Zero Dark Thirty with posts on 5 threads...then disappears, untraced.

Reminds me of that commercial for the Navy where the ocean waves come up and erase the footprints of the SEALs...

(Does this mean Niemann is AKA "Dragon"...?)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 26, 2017

Quote from Jason Russell's post:

"I think we could realistically have anywhere from 1-4 medals. I think Snyder is a pretty sure bet. Burroughs has a tough bracket to navigate but I expect good things from him. Green has done it before and has a good draw...and we will see just how good the Zain Train is!"

We've clinched 6.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on August 30, 2017

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/1245724-a-disappointed-logan-stieber#.WadZhrEpChB

Tough interview to watch. So much put into it to not accomplish what he wanted. Tough.

Matt Mace added to this discussion on August 31, 2017

Logan mentions he shrunk his body and the weight cut wasn't an issue. Do you think this could be part of the problem? I know that sounds ridiculous but Logan is used to being strong compared to opponents. He may also perform well (not saying better) after cutting a ton of weight. I understand that is miserable but is it possible that Logan is better cutting 20lbs rather than 10lbs, for example, because he can still recover from the cut and have higher strength than if he shrinks his body?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on August 31, 2017

Quote from Matt Mace's post:

"Logan mentions he shrunk his body and the weight cut wasn't an issue. Do you think this could be part of the problem? I know that sounds ridiculous but Logan is used to being strong compared to opponents. He may also perform well (not saying better) after cutting a ton of weight. I understand that is miserable but is it possible that Logan is better cutting 20lbs rather than 10lbs, for example, because he can still recover from the cut and have higher strength than if he shrinks his body?"

Not sure - but I thought he looked small especially compared to the Russian.

Wrestleback match is tough - JB got smoked when he was in that position in the Olympics.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on September 1, 2017

Yes, weight cut makes a difference. What you think you can do and what you can do are two different tings as are championship and consolation bracketing. Good catches.

The problem with weightcut is that you only consider a best case scenario. When in all likelihood, some things are going to go wrong. When those things hit critical mass they affect performance. i.e. get a virus, body doesn't rehydrate well, miscalculate your foods, sleep impairment. All those things can put you a little off especially when you have already compromised your chemistry by giving it less than what may be best for it.

If you show up and the guy is physically stronger than you then there is a problem.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3