Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Lag Time Topic: dot.net Confession
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

On average, how many times do you check our site for new posts?

x10 per day for me...

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

Depends on what scoop I'm awaiting. During the McKenna pre-news cycle it was probably 15+. I've backed down to probably 10 or so now.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

I check pretty often on my phone. I'm waiting for the time when this site really takes off and there's more constant conversation. I like it when it's knee deep in the college season and there's lots of discussion. I still can't put my finger on why this site gotten more popular. If you're interested in Ohio wrestling and want to talk wrestling, there's just no better place.

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I check pretty often on my phone. I'm waiting for the time when this site really takes off and there's more constant conversation. I like it when it's knee deep in the college season and there's lots of discussion. I still can't put my finger on why this site gotten more popular. If you're interested in Ohio wrestling and want to talk wrestling, there's just no better place."

The same reason we all love it is why it hasn't taken off...the forum isn't anonymous. Cowards and chicken shits. I don't always agree with everything everyone on here says. But I damn sure respect the fact they had the cajones to put their name next to it. And I love the fact you see input from the likes of Rex Holman and occasionally even parents like Mr. Martin. Oh, I almost forgot to mention Dwight from State Farm and Dano! No greater resources. And Michael, personally, I respect the fact you keep those of us with Scarlet colored glasses in check. 😁

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I check pretty often on my phone. I'm waiting for the time when this site really takes off and there's more constant conversation. I like it when it's knee deep in the college season and there's lots of discussion. I still can't put my finger on why this site gotten more popular. If you're interested in Ohio wrestling and want to talk wrestling, there's just no better place."

The same reason we all love it is why it hasn't taken off...the forum isn't anonymous. Cowards and chicken shits. I don't always agree with everything everyone on here says. But I damn sure respect the fact they had the cajones to put their name next to it. And I love the fact you see input from the likes of Rex Holman and occasionally even parents like Mr. Martin. Oh, I almost forgot to mention Dwight from State Farm and Dano! No greater resources. And Michael, personally, I respect the fact you keep those of us with Scarlet colored glasses in check. 😁

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on August 25, 2017

Chris was so proud of what he had to say, he posted it twice. :)

My name IS Brady Hiatt and I wrote and approve of this message.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on August 26, 2017

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"Chris was so proud of what he had to say, he posted it twice. :)

My name IS Brady Hiatt and I wrote and approve of this message."

Lol dang phone!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 26, 2017

This site has pretty old technology. If we could get it updated so registration was simple (right now it requires me to go into administration panel and check a box--and I have no way to know someone is trying to register unless they tell me), we'd get more folks.

And, yes, some people want to remain anonymous.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on August 26, 2017

Probably 3x, unless it's Big Tournament or NCAA time. Then I leave it on and periodically refresh. A lot of you have no idea how much I appreciate your real time updates when I'm at work and can't watch. Thanks.

I still check the Mat every now and then but you get something informative about once a week. They rest is just a bunch bickering.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on August 26, 2017

During the season, pretty often.
In the off-season probably a couple times per week.
The thing I like on this site is that I can ask questions or make points, from my view as an official, without people taking issue but hiding behind a screen name. I use my real name on the only other site I visit but there have been times when I questioned my own sanity.
As an officialI am much like Michael but for a different reason. I really don't have a "fan gene". However I appreciate the feelings that many of you have for your favorite teams and wrestlers.

Matt Mace added to this discussion on August 26, 2017

I had met Hank at least a year before I knew he was involved in dotnet. Not for wrestling but for pastrami and brisket. I had tried to sign up for the forum but was never approved by the admin. When I figured out that was Hank I asked him to let me in! So due to logistics /technology/support this forum is rather exclusive to post in. Hank,knowingly or not, has done a great job of keeping out the idiots.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 27, 2017

I don't actually exit the site. I just hit refresh 113 times an hour.

:thumb:

► Add to the Discussion