Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Snyder!
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on August 28, 2017

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"Captain America"

Maximus from "Gladiator".

Every time I watch him he carries himself with the same quiet confidence as Crowe's character does warming up before entering the arena.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 28, 2017

I seriously have to watch that movie.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on August 28, 2017

As if I needed more reasons to like this young man, but did you hear him talk about watching John Smith battle the Russians back in the day and how his little triple hop thing at the beginning of the match was an ode to one of the all time greats.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on August 28, 2017

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"As if I needed more reasons to like this young man, but did you hear him talk about watching John Smith battle the Russians back in the day and how his little triple hop thing at the beginning of the match was an ode to one of the all time greats."

Where would we say this ranks in the annals of top US individual Olympic/World Championship victories?

Jack Muni added to this discussion on August 28, 2017

How lucky is Singletary to have Kyle as a workout partner and Tervel as a coach this year?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on August 28, 2017

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"How lucky is Singletary to have Kyle as a workout partner and Tervel as a coach this year?"

VERY....

...but he will get scored upon more times in n week than he has in previous 10 years. 😂

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on August 28, 2017

"How lucky is Singletary to have Kyle as a workout partner and Tervel as a coach this year?"

Wrestling's an individual sport, so I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone, but going with the same thought, how much of Kollin Moore's transformation is connected to having the best wrestler in the world being his partner?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 28, 2017

"

Wrestling's an individual sport, so I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone, but going with the same thought, how much of Kollin Moore's transformation is connected to having the best wrestler in the world being his partner?"

It means everything for Moore...but Moore had the desire and physical tools. We'll see if the same is true of Singletary. One thing for sure--he'll develop as much as he can.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on August 28, 2017

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Quote from Rick Wasmer's post:

"Captain America"

That is all.

Give the man the keys to the White House! (...please!? ;-) )"

Thank you, but I'm very busy :)

Rex Holman added to this discussion on August 30, 2017

Kyle is on pace with Smith for GOAT. Smith had aspirations to head coach otherwise he may have been able to win more titles. JB might be able to continue to evolve as he is an assistant coach and still focused on his personal development. He has a great game and still has more in him. Once you head coach, you are done or should be done competing for a world title as it is simply a self centered pursuit rather than focused on others.

Interested to see how Kevin Snyder develops. He has good athleticism, albeit not Kyle's, but he is in best possible environment in world for big men. I'd be interested to talk to him about the expectation of himself.

Props to Tervel for being a great coach. Sounds like he has helped Kyle manage the mental aspect of the sport. Kyle has the physical, so barring injury and greener pastures (UFC) I like his chances of being widely regarded as the GOAT in the future.

Eric Curitore added to this discussion on August 30, 2017

Saw this randomly this morning - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASeWTDBJRg4

Pretty cool to see them both minutes before the match. They're literally right next to each other, with neither ever even shooting a glance towards the other.

3:20 got me jacked up.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on August 30, 2017

Quote from Eric Curitore's post:

"Saw this randomly this morning - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASeWTDBJRg4

Pretty cool to see them both minutes before the match. They're literally right next to each other, with neither ever even shooting a glance towards the other.

3:20 got me jacked up."

Nice video, thanks for sharing. Was that Jake Ryan in the background at about the 2:00 mark, or just someone who looks like him?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on August 30, 2017

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I seriously have to watch that movie."

What!!!!!

And you call yourself a man.

Quote from Jeff Streu's post:

"

Quote from Eric Curitore's post:

"Saw this randomly this morning - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASeWTDBJRg4

3:20 got me jacked up."

Nice video, thanks for sharing. Was that Jake Ryan in the background at about the 2:00 mark, or just someone who looks like him?"

Video was awesome. ...and yes, that looked like Jake. Now I'm pumped to see whatever video he's making.

"As if I needed more reasons to like this young man, but did you hear him talk about watching John Smith battle the Russians back in the day and how his little triple hop thing at the beginning of the match was an ode to one of the all time greats."

I thought the same think Michael -- how awesome is that. In the biggest match of his life - for a world title - for a team title - and he gives a "shout out beginning of the match hop" to John Smith. Simply awesome!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next