Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Hayes to 149
Don Bork added to this discussion on September 14, 2017

Have to agree, McKenna is a Buckeye, Heil is a cowboy. I usually root for Ohio boys at other schools, but head to head, I have to go with TOSU. Go Bucks!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on September 14, 2017

McKenna this week told Steelwood Radio he's wrestling off Hayes for 141 in a best two-of-three series. Loser goes 149.

If true, coaches should arrange the wrestleoff immediately to give the non-winner time to bulk up. Holding it in October or November would be foolish.

My sense is McKenna is ahead of Hayes, who is coming off of a serious surgery. I'd be surprised if I'm wrong, and this is coming from someone who thinks Hayes has the chance to some day be a NCAA champion.

Also, if you're not already doing so, start listening to the Steelwood Radio podcast. The hosts answer many of the questions we speculate about on this board.

Ryan Mitchell added to this discussion on September 15, 2017

Quote from Britt Malinsky's post:

"

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"Heil is an excellent athlete and wrestler, but for whatever reasons he made his choice to leave Ohio and not wrestle for his 'home-state' team. With two championships, you can't really say he made a bad choice.

But, I prefer to root for the Buckeyes. Bo Jordan may never win a NCAA championship, but may finish with four AA finishes of 3rd or higher. In my eyes he is a true Ohio hero.

For a comparison of another sport, there are some Ohio born athletes named Desmond Howard, and Woodson, but I have never liked those guys because of the ugly blue and yellow uniforms that they wore from some team up north. They are not Ohio heroes to me. Decent athletes, but they certainly weren't loyal to their home state and I don't consider them to be Ohio legends.

Just my opinion!"

I didn't know Howard and Woodson played baseball for the Traverse City Beach Bums!"

Exceptional reference! Although, I may be the only person here who understood it without the help of Google. Great ballpark up there.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2