Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: The initial TOM NCAA Rankings were released today
Pat Altvater added to this discussion on October 17, 2017

It is always interesting to see how other national rating services evaluate the buckeyes. - I think they are pretty tough on a couple of our younger guys, but still pretty favorable overall.

125 - NATO - 3rd nationally, Cruz 1, Lizak 2; 2nd in Big Ten behind Lizak(Minny). (I DON'T AGREE!)

133 - Pletcher - 10th nationally, Gross 1, Micic 2; 3rd in Big Ten behind Micic(MI) and and McKee(Minny). (I THINK THAT LUKE DOES BETTER THAN THIS GOING DOWN A WEIGHT CLASS FROM LAST YEAR!)

141 - McKenna - 7th Nationally, Heil 1, Jack 2; 3rd in BT behind Ashnault and Thorn. (HE HAS BEEN 3rd AT NCAA's, WHY SO LOW?)

149 - Hayes - 17th Nationally, Retherford 1, Sorenson 2; 6th in BT behind Retherford, Sorenson, Bleise (Minn), Bannister (MD), Deakin (NW). - (THEY DON'T KNOW KESHAWN. - BUT THEY WILL AFTER THE CKLV!)

157 - Micah - 6th Nationally, Nolf 1, Lavalle 2, 4th in BT behind Nolf, Kemmeerer, Berger (NE). (MICAH WILL GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO PROVE HE BELONGS IN THIS CLASS!)

165 - T. Campbell - 10th Nationally, Joseph 1, Martinez 2, 5th in BT behind Joseph, Martinez, Mazza, Wanzek. (IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW HE PROGRESSES IN THE BIG TEN?)

174 - BoJo - 2nd Nationally, Hall 1; 2nd in BT. (IF BO IS HEALTHY, HE IS UNDER--RATED AT #2!)

184 - MyMar - 2nd Nationally, Nickal 1; 2nd in BT. (MYLES PROBABLY HAS A BETTER RECORD AGAINST NICKALL THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY!)

197 - Kollin Moore - 1st Nationally, 1st in BT.

285 - Kyle Snyder - 1st Nationally, 1st in BT.

Well, at least they got the last 2 classes right!!!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on October 17, 2017

Wait, you think MyMar deserves the No. 1 ranking over Bo Nickal?

Lunacy.

141-157 for the Bucks are ranked too low.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 17, 2017

I didn’t read Pat to say that. I read him to say MyMar’s record against Bo Nickal is better than anyone else in the country.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on October 17, 2017

I have seeen on other forums that Ashnault might not wrestle this year. JoJo Smith is RS this year so one less AA at 157.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on October 18, 2017

If Nato winds up being a no-go at the end of the season, because of his injury, who goes it?

Pletcher, McKenna, Hayes, Micah all appear to have upward mobility based on those rankings. And Campbell very well may as well, in this environment. I would definitely say Nato does too, if not for the question as to the extent of his injury.

Also, at 184 you have to remember PDIII is now in the fold and will have an entire season of training. Love him or hate him, he's as much a title contender as anyone in the country.

Last edited by Chris Shepherd on October 18, 2017; edited 1 time in total

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on October 18, 2017

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Wait, you think MyMar deserves the No. 1 ranking over Bo Nickal?

Lunacy.

141-157 for the Bucks are ranked too low."

I think that Bo Nickall deserves his #1 ranking based on his championship last year. - With that said, this class has two clear leaders in Bo and Myles, and both have an NCAA championship to place them at an elite level. - And considering Myles 2 victories over Bo, they are not that far apart. - OH, BY THE WAY, WHO WON THE LAST MATCH WRESTLED BETWEEN BO AND MYLES?????

From past history, I would think that the only wrestler in that class that concerns Bo, is Myles. - I would think that Bo's worst nightmare is dreaming of Myles defeating him in a NCAA tournament, AGAIN!!!!

► Add to the Discussion