Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Isn't It Time?
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 26, 2017

Quote from Matthew O'Hara's post:

"I agree that there is a need to "update". It would probably be easiest to start from new. maybe there is a website that allows you to customize your own forum and they provide all of the back-end support"

Yes. It's called O'Hara IT. You're in charge. Free CB sandwiches when project complete. Pastrami too.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on October 26, 2017

I don't FB!

By the way, what happened to Patrick Campbell? - I haven't seen him on here in ages?

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on October 26, 2017

I work with many different computer systems and programs. Just when I have them figured out a new version is released with a new user interface and I have to learn it all over again.

There is an aviation forum I participate in that has an outmoded forum. They decided to update it and 10 months later it is still broken and barely usable.

In short, I am generally happy with the forum as it is but if the improvements are gradual and well tested, then that would be fine also.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on October 26, 2017

I've always liked the simplicity of this site personally. But whatevs.

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"I've always liked the simplicity of this site personally. But whatevs."

The problem is that when new people register, they can't post until their account is activated. The "administrator" is supposed to receive a notice and take care of it. But there are no notices being sent so people can't log on.

I've already helped two former posters get re-activated today. Happy to do it. But the system is lousy. And both knew to reach out to me. What happens when people don't know to do it?

Matt Mace added to this discussion on October 26, 2017

Haha. Yeah, I just so happened to be in Mister Brisket ordering a sandwich when we somehow started talking about wrestling. Something that never comes up in conversation in my life, so I was ecstatic to talk about it with someone. When I found out that Hank was somehow able to get my account request activated after about a year of waiting in the wings, my life was changed! Finally an outlet for my passion. I'd like to be able to post pictures and I feel for the people that don't live down the street from Hank that are also trying to get in the forum but I REALLY like the community how it is. No ads, no trolls!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 26, 2017

Quote from Matt Mace's post:

"...no trolls!"

I'll try harder to get noticed.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on October 26, 2017

Hank can u put a sticky at top of forum page listing your email --title it Registration Info?

FB no forum for serious discussion.... the simplicity of ow.net is welcome in this complex world.

Bill Watson added to this discussion on October 26, 2017

Now that I can post thanks to Hank! I like the simplistic nature of the site: all substance, no filler, knowledge galore, easy reading and no hidden name drama.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 26, 2017

Quote from Bill Watson's post:

"Now that I can post thanks to Hank! I like the simplistic nature of the site: all substance, no filler, knowledge galore, easy reading and no hidden name drama."

Exactly!

Hank, the site is great....do we just need a more intuitive way for others to sign up?

Niemann and I are the only ones who need a moderator (and we let Dwight from State Farm slide because he is on staff with tOSU and provides dynamite intel). Jus’ Sayin’

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Hank can u put a sticky at top of forum page listing your email --title it Registration Info?

FB no forum for serious discussion.... the simplicity of ow.net is welcome in this complex world."

I hear all of you loud and clear but I don't know how to pin a notification to top of page telling registrants to notify me. I've tried. Maybe someone else can figure out how to do it?

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on October 27, 2017

Hank,

Who put the news about Ohio State being National champions on the top of the News/Home page? Couldn't something be added there since that is the first place people are taken to when they go to ohiowrestling.net

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on October 27, 2017

I've wondered the same...is the Twitter still active and who does it?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2