Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: #2 Bucks vs. #13 ASU
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 12, 2017

Buckeyes look out of shape and their mat wrestling is lousy. Ke-Shawn made an easy win hard although Maruca is solid. Micah got figured out by Shields by end of first period. Micah also gave away TD by having wrong reaction as he countered shot. 157 is going to be much tougher than 149. McKenna looked tired.

I did think Ke-Shawn had two backs on the quick tilt.

Yes...it's early. Long season to go. But I expected Bucks to be more impressive against an ASU team on second match on road in less than two days.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 12, 2017

Nice job by the upperwts. Campbell rips Valenica, Myles puts on his show and Kyle does the same. FF for Moore. Zahid beats Bo solidly but at least Bo showed up to wrestle.

Brandon Sommers added to this discussion on November 12, 2017

Never seen Campbell wrestle before today. Very impressive.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 12, 2017

Will someone explain the thinking behind moving your 198 lb. guy up the wrestle the Olympic Champ at 285 and forfeiting 198? Why not just forfeit the 285 match and wrestle 198?

Don Bork added to this discussion on November 12, 2017

I’m going to guess a class move by Zeke Jones knowing the buckeye fans came to see Snyder.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on November 12, 2017

Quote from Don Bork's post:

"I’m going to guess a class move by Zeke Jones knowing the buckeye fans came to see Snyder."

hmmm, I kinda thought it was the opposite, but I can see that perpsective. he did quite a bit of complaining also.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 12, 2017

Quote from Don Bork's post:

"I’m going to guess a class move by Zeke Jones knowing the buckeye fans came to see Snyder."

I was there and sitting directly behind ASU warm-up mat. ASU 285, Hall, was there and he was PO'd he didn't get to wrestle. If my lip reading was correct, when he turned his back to Zeke Jones and picked up his warm-ups, he said ("exploitive)ing stupid".

Rex Holman added to this discussion on November 12, 2017

Although the Jordans did not wrestle their best, today was a very good day.

With Tomasello back, if all 10 guys get to the end of the season healthy, there are 10 legitimate AAs. I have never seen a Buckeye team this good from 125 to 285. There has always been a weight class or two with a wrestler that was good but not great.

All the guys I had questions about showed a level of wrestling consistent with getting it done in March.

Robert Dalton added to this discussion on November 12, 2017

I was looking forward to watching Moore wrestle. I just love the way he is constant attack. Additionally, I was looking forward to the early season match-up of two of the top heavyweights in Snyder and Hall.

I was disappointed when they forfeited to Moore, but even more so when they sent the 197 out to wrestle Snyder.

The first thing that came to my mind is we often complain about the lack of attention wrestling receives. Here we have the opportunity to see the best in the world wrestle a quality opponent. He misses a lot of duals because of his international schedule, so each chance you get to see him is a treat. Here is a chance to promote the sport and for some reason, they send out a lamb to the slaughter instead of the their top 5 heavyweight.

I also wondered if the loss to Coon (13-6) on Friday led to the decision to not have Hall wrestle. Maybe they were trying to avoid two early season defeats, and what most likely would have been by major or worse.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth and that is not much.

Joe Johnson added to this discussion on November 12, 2017

Any idea why Ke-Shawn didn’t get a medical redshirt for last season? Do you have to be a senior to qualify for that?

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on November 12, 2017

Quote from Joe Johnson's post:

"Any idea why Ke-Shawn didn’t get a medical redshirt for last season? Do you have to be a senior to qualify for that?"

I wondered that as well. Anyone?

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on November 12, 2017

If I'm not mistaken, you have to wait until your eligibility is used up before you apply for a medical hardship, so unfortunately it won't be confirmed for a couple years. But, assuming he wrestled less than the magic number of matches, he'll probably be granted another year.

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on November 13, 2017

This was a good first performance for the Bucks!

I have had big hopes and fair expectations for Teshan Campbell since he had announced that he would be transferring to OSU. However, there is no way I expected him to dominate Anthony Valencia yesterday.

I was hoping that he could reasonably compete with Valencia. We have been hearing nothing but positive things about the Valencia brothers since they were high schoolers in California. Maybe I had a slight hope that Teshan could get lucky and steal a 1-point win, but there is no way I saw a 14-0 beat down domination on him.

Is there something that I am missing here? Is Teshan truly this dominant in 165 this year, or is Valencia hiding an injury, or terribly out of shape that caused this result?

I really hope that this means that Teshan is this GOOD!

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 13, 2017

The video feed was down when Campbell got the TD, anybody know how he took Valencia down?

Alex Creech added to this discussion on November 13, 2017

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"The video feed was down when Campbell got the TD, anybody know how he took Valencia down?"

From what I recall it was sorta a scramble off a Valencia attack. Campbell is pretty quick. The rest of the match was spent with the wrestlers down.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next