Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Verbal Commit Alex Felix
Jared Ball added to this discussion on November 15, 2017

I saw that Californian 132lber Alex Felix has verbaled to the Bucks. I didn't see much info other than he is entering his junior season ranked #40th, and was selected 1st team all state in California by a state publication. Interesting pickup with Decatur verbal expected to be a 133. Anyone have other info?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jason Russell added to this discussion on November 15, 2017

Placed 3rd at the california state tournament.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 15, 2017

Romero was taking hm to the Airport so I got to talk to him after the ASU dual. Seems like a really nice kid and super excited to be a Buckeye!!

He wants a #PinChain for him myself!

Jared Ball added to this discussion on November 15, 2017

I should mention that the all state selection was for juniors. With a single class state categorization placing top three with two years to go isn't too shabby.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on November 15, 2017

Per InterMat

Three-time state placer Alex Felix (Gilroy, Calif.) signed with Ohio State on Wednesday afternoon, becoming the seventh top 100 ranked senior wrestler to be part of the Buckeyes' 2018 class. Felix, ranked No.76 overall in the Class of 2018, placed third as both a freshman and last year as a junior, while finishing fourth at the state tournament in his sophomore season. He also was runner-up at the NHSCA sophomore and junior nationals during the spring of the last two years. In addition, Felix is ranked No. 8 nationally at 138 pounds, and projects to compete collegiately as a 141 pound wrestler.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 16, 2017

Gilroy is a powerhouse program and the garlic capital of America. There was a Danny Felix who was a stud at ASU. Related?

#TonyRalphRecruits

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 16, 2017

Splitting hairs...

According to InterMat article, Felix has signed with the Bucks. Not the same as a verbal. Verbals today are shaky with kids switching often.

I have no idea where all the money is coming from but I can't imagine that even the best of these incoming recruits--Sasso and Hoffman--are getting more than 50%. But to paraphrase M-Rod, "I'm wrong a lot."

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on November 16, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Gilroy is a powerhouse program and the garlic capital of America. There was a Danny Felix who was a stud at ASU. Related?

#TonyRalphRecruits"

Gilroy is also the home of NCAA Champ Jesse Delgado. Some studs come out of the valley.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on November 16, 2017

If you want to try and define the state of the program, how about:

'Ohio State Wrestling: where signing the 76th ranked recruit in the country barely makes a ripple.'

The Golden Age is upon us!

Rex Holman added to this discussion on November 16, 2017

My teammate and friend at ASU is principal at Gilroy.

https://gilroyhs.schoolloop.com/pricipal

Marco was a beast. 2x NCAA AA. He could throw. Was probably a better Greco wrestler too.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on November 16, 2017

Rex...so your friend and teammate is the principal, not the coach? I can’t imagine the support a program would get with a DI, 2X All American as the principal of the building. Does he stop by from time to time and run an upper body clinic or something?

Rex Holman added to this discussion on November 18, 2017

Last I talked to him, he sits back and watches from the sidelines as the current coach does a great job and is motivated. He wrestled veterans for a little bit, but tore a hammy. Been a while since I talked to him. Knowing him and his story, you could definitely say that wrestling kept him on the right path. Wrestled for Independence ( I think where Guerrero and Munoz followed afterward). Dan Chaid's dad was one of his coaches. He kind of has a similar spirit and personality as Kevin Randleman. Positive and engaging.

Brandon Olinger added to this discussion on November 21, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Splitting hairs...

According to InterMat article, Felix has signed with the Bucks. Not the same as a verbal. Verbals today are shaky with kids switching often.

I have no idea where all the money is coming from but I can't imagine that even the best of these incoming recruits--Sasso and Hoffman--are getting more than 50%. But to paraphrase M-Rod, "I'm wrong a lot.""

Just curious why it would be just a verbal. He's in his senior season and is part of the 2018 recruiting class so he can sign his NLI (if he hasn't already done so). And I've seen it reported both a verbal and a signing by more than just InterMat.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 21, 2017

Brandon: I wrote that Felix had signed--not verbaled. Original post suggested it was a verbal commit.

► Add to the Discussion