Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: CKLV 2017
Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on December 2, 2017

Anyone know what team scores look like? Just curious

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on December 2, 2017

1 University of Michigan 90 5 3
2 Ohio State University 85 6 1
3 Nebraska 73.5 4 1
4 Arizona State 71.5 3 4
5 UNI 68 4 2
6 Virginia Tech 56.5 3 2
7 Central Michigan 52 1 3
8 Wyoming 46.5 1 3
9 Cornell University 45 1 3
10 Stanford 40.5 2 2

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 2, 2017

Bucks have a reasonable chance to win the whole thing as they have 6 in semis compared to 5 for Michigan. If all goes to form--hardly a certainty--Bucks will put four in finals: Moore, Myles, Bo and either Campbell or Micah need to slide in. Gonna assume that Pletch will lose to Micic and Campbell and Micah are both slight underdogs though quite capable of winning. Michigan is likely to advance Micic and Coon but Abounader, Amine and Pantaleo will be mild underdogs in their bouts. Since Bo matches up with Amine, it's a critical match if Bucks want to win. And if Pletcher could upend Micic, it would all but give the Bucks the title.

Logan Massa seemed to collapse from exhaustion during his upset loss to Wick yesterday. If he doesn't compete today in wrestlebacks, it would also be a huge assist for Buckeyes. Otherwise, he'll wreck people all through the cons.

Jeff Reid added to this discussion on December 2, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Bucks have a reasonable chance to win the whole thing as they have 6 in semis compared to 5 for Michigan. If all goes to form--hardly a certainty--Bucks will put four in finals: Moore, Myles, Bo and either Campbell or Micah need to slide in. Gonna assume that Pletch will lose to Micic and Campbell and Micah are both slight underdogs though quite capable of winning. Michigan is likely to advance Micic and Coon but Abounader, Amine and Pantaleo will be mild underdogs in their bouts. Since Bo matches up with Amine, it's a critical match if Bucks want to win. And if Pletcher could upend Micic, it would all but give the Bucks the title.

Logan Massa seemed to collapse from exhaustion during his upset loss to Wick yesterday. If he doesn't compete today in wrestlebacks, it would also be a huge assist for Buckeyes. Otherwise, he'll wreck people all through the cons."

Not sure if Massa destroys everyone, he would have Anthony Valencia if they both win their first consolation matches.

Interesting. Normally, I'd take Massa heavy but we'll see how motivated both wrestlers are.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 2, 2017

Massa’s last leg “attack” was GOD AWFUL!!!!!!!!! He looked as if his legs gave out, he felt then giving out, so he extended his arms in hopes of grabbing his opponent’s legs.

Sadly, I’ve seen that level exhaustion before. ;-)

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on December 2, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"TeShan Campbell is tough on top but struggles on his feet. But other than Micah, Bucks have not looked sharp in the matches I've seen. Credit to Brakan Mead for making the quarters. Nice work to come out and get two wins."

Not to be a downer, but unfortunately Mead didn't make the quarters (I agree brackets on flo are harder to follow than on track). But kudos to him for two wins at a tough tourney.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 2, 2017

Let's face it, through no fault of his own, this should have been Mead's RS year, so he will have to take his lumps and learn from it, and hopefully we will see improvement next year.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on December 2, 2017

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Massa’s last leg “attack” was GOD AWFUL!!!!!!!!! He looked as if his legs gave out, he felt then giving out, so he extended his arms in hopes of grabbing his opponent’s legs.

Sadly, I’ve seen that level exhaustion before. ;-)"

Seen it?! I’ve lived it! :)

Jared Ball added to this discussion on December 2, 2017

I'll be honest. Based on his performances this year I did not see Pletcher as a legitimate top five guy. He looked sluggish like the weight cut was getting to him. Then he goes out and knocks off a top two guy. What a huge win! That solidifies what we already knew. Can the Bucks win the team title...absolutely.

Jeff Reid added to this discussion on December 2, 2017

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"I'll be honest. Based on his performances this year I did not see Pletcher as a legitimate top five guy. He looked sluggish like the weight cut was getting to him. Then he goes out and knocks off a top two guy. What a huge win! That solidifies what we already knew. Can the Bucks win the team title...absolutely."

Micic just got destroyed by Austin DeSanto 22-10. Desanto hit him with two or three firemans with back points. Probably took him down 6 times.

[/quote]Micic just got destroyed by Austin DeSanto 22-10. Desanto hit him with two or three firemans with back points. Probably took him down 6 times.[/quote]

Oh, my. That’s a bunch of points!

Lots to digest but the bottom line is Bucks have performed very well and dug deep to win some tough bouts. Pletcher had no easy opponents and puts together a win over Micic...Hayes loses a match he seemingly had but his UNC opponent turns around and beats returning AA Thomsen....Micah squeezes out his most impressive win to date with a brilliant comeback over a very tough Shields. That was the most heart I've ever seen out of Micah. You could feel his determination as he literally wore Shields out...Campbell remains rock solid. Nothing fancy with him but he's tough and wins...Bo gets down early to Amine and calmly restores order and controls the bout en route to the victory...Myles destroys a white hot Venz. Should he handle a tough Abounader in the finals, he has a good shot at MVP. And he deserves it. Micah is also in the running....Moore overcomes a sluggish start and wins easily in the quarters and semis.

Lots of good wrestlers lost in Vegas. No Buckeyes were among them. That is not easy when you're on the road and in a different time zone. The fact they're now in the drivers seat to win it is impressive as hell. Good job Ohio State. Now finish strong.

Hey, Niemann...

Wasn’t there one year the entire dot.net family wrote off tOSU Buckeyes for the year after this tournament....?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 2, 2017

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"Hey, Niemann...

Wasn’t there one year the entire dot.net family wrote off tOSU Buckeyes for the year after this tournament....?"

Probably! And I am sure we called for Tom Ryan’s head on a platter. We fans are so fickle.

Oh, and don’t forget about the dual meet loss to Lehigh mere weeks before the eventual title run in 2015!

Good times. Good times indeed.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next