Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Bucks #1 on Flo and InterMat
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 5, 2017

This weekend's performance has elevated the Buckeyes to #1 in tourney rankings on both Flo and InterMat. It's weird because even the rankers seem surprised. Flo's comments stated that no one should read too much into rankings at this time. Yet they have the Bucks up by 20 points over PSU. If it were the other way around, there would be no disclaimer.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. It all gets decided in March in Cleveland. Mister Brisket will be open and waiting for all of you to arrive. St Pat's Day will be in full swing. Those of you who are single will find a lot of drunk women downtown to help you celebrate what is hopefully a Bucks NCAA championship. (I am now going to be investigated for making a blatantly sexist comment).

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Matt Mace added to this discussion on December 5, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"St Pat's Day will be in full swing. Those of you who are single will find a lot of drunk women downtown to help you celebrate what is hopefully a Bucks NCAA championship. (I am now going to be investigated for making a blatantly sexist comment)."

Be sure to keep your head on a swivel. They'll be falling from the sky!
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/03/woman_in_critical_condition_af_1.html

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 5, 2017

The atmosphere is going to be INSANE!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to add to it.

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on December 5, 2017

And, just released, the WrestlingByPirate Dual Impact Index also has Buckeyes number one in tournament-strength, with 125, Michigan with 117, Penn State with 106.5, but I'm going to say, don't read into how SMALL Ohio State's lead is. Michigan's full lineup is figured in, however, Penn State is missing Vincenzo Joseph, and Ohio State is missing their two bookends (who need no introduction on this board).

https://wrestlingbypirate.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/december-4th-2017-wxp-dual-impact-index/

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 6, 2017

Quote from Britt Malinsky's post:

"And, just released, the WrestlingByPirate Dual Impact Index also has Buckeyes number one in tournament-strength, with 125, Michigan with 117, Penn State with 106.5, but I'm going to say, don't read into how SMALL Ohio State's lead is. Michigan's full lineup is figured in, however, Penn State is missing Vincenzo Joseph, and Ohio State is missing their two bookends (who need no introduction on this board).

https://wrestlingbypirate.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/december-4th-2017-wxp-dual-impact-index/"

Good work Britt

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on December 6, 2017

I think that Joey McKenna is missing from Britt's calculation also (due to an insufficient number of NCAA matches this year). - That's three All-Americans, including 2 past champions that can be added to the tournament total.

Also, those three would make a huge difference in the dual team calculations.

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on December 6, 2017

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"I think that Joey McKenna is missing from Britt's calculation also (due to an insufficient number of NCAA matches this year). - That's three All-Americans, including 2 past champions that can be added to the tournament total.

Also, those three would make a huge difference in the dual team calculations."

You'd be right.

► Add to the Discussion